Motorola ATRIX 4G - user opinions and reviews

2121931

7.6
8.0
8.0

> In reply to Rooted Superuser @ 2014-01-30 15:49 from xIi7 - click to readis this phone upgredable?

• 2014-02-17 14:01
  • fmRa

> In reply to kalimouna @ 2014-01-24 17:23 from rX@H - click to read@ kalimouna

The S3, if you break the Digitizer (front glass) chances are you will break the LCD as it is attached (glued) to the front glass. This will be a minimum $85.00 part to replace.
The Atrix 4G's LCD is not glued to the front glass, and the glass is only a $15.00 part to replace.

Sooo, when it comes to replacement parts, Samsung, LG and HTC cost the most to repair. This also is true for internal components.

• 2014-01-30 15:49

> In reply to kalimouna @ 2014-01-24 17:23 from rX@H - click to read@ kalimouna
"samsung galaxy s3 mini is best than this smartphone"

The S3 does not have a fingerprint reader.
The S3 does not have the HDMI Out.
The S3 Does not have the Wolfson 5.1 Audio Chip.
The S3 does not play FLAC files.
The S3 does not record video @ 1080p.
The S3 has lower pixel density.
The S3 has a smaller battery.

• 2014-01-30 15:05

but the samsung galaxy s3 mini is best than this smartphone

• 2014-01-24 17:23
  • rX@H

> In reply to Kaygee @ 2014-01-15 16:12 from fmgc - click to readLook on xda developer

• 2014-01-24 07:40
  • ajNB

Help....i need an easy way to install any 4.0 up version

• 2014-01-15 16:12
  • fmgc

This is my very first Smart Phone. Hopefully I like it.

• 2014-01-15 08:59
  • xkdf

> In reply to gojita @ 2014-01-11 15:46 from uuSX - click to readI've installed the custom Beanstalk 4.2.3 from XDA Dev, the only thing that wasn't working for me was the camera, wifi worked without any problem and it was very stable. Because I use the phone for road camera, I have reverted to custom 2.3.7.
Hope that helps.

• 2014-01-13 19:45
  • nxnT

plz anybody can tell me whether wifi work properly after upgrading to ICS OR jelly bean?? i need to know because i use motorola defy and it was upgraded to jelly bean so it was not working properly and for that reason i sold that so plz tell me friends..i need u r help..

• 2014-01-11 15:46
  • uuSX

> In reply to vezz @ 2013-12-30 09:56 from ka81 - click to readAs there are no periods or commas. I actually ran out of breath reading your post.
Can you repost this using Capital Letters, periods and comma's.
This way I can make some sense of it.
And,,,,
Post in English please.

• 2014-01-11 01:29
  • xIi7

> In reply to Riz @ 2014-01-06 12:02 from K5fQ - click to readuse automatic bootloader unlock v4.2 work for my atrix 4g at&t running GB 2.3.6 version 4.5.145 I'm now running superlite JB 4.1.2 only problem is camcorder but i don't video record so not a issue for me plus good battery life for a unofficial build but if you want all drivers to work use cm7 base rom recommend for daily use.

• 2014-01-08 21:29
  • kaLd

> In reply to Rooted Superuser.... @ 2013-12-29 00:22 from xIi7 - click to readpls tell me how to unlock bootloader and rooting

• 2014-01-06 12:02
  • K5fQ

after unlocking and rooting this device it being a major change loading time is ten times faster it use to take me 5 to 10 to load but nw 1 min now time to run some mrom and everyone who is running GB 2.3.6/4.5.145 and wonder how to unlock the bootloader use automatic bootloader unlock easy and simple way and is recommended by xda developer thank u.

• 2013-12-30 09:56
  • ka81
  • Rooted Superuser....
  • Rating0

> In reply to vezz @ 2013-12-16 01:51 from ka81 - click to readTo unlock this bootloader is 8/10 on the difficulty scale, its 'Old School', not he 1 click POOT to RooT that's done today.
Head over to XDA Developers Forum:

Use this ROM, seriously, its the best of the 5 I've tried:
He has a post at XDA Developers Forum:

If you proceed, just unlock the bootloader, install the MROM(It includes the CWM Kernel), SIM unlock if you wish to use a different service carrier,,,,I use NEXT Launcher Full Version from Google Play as my launcher.

Done,,,simple as 123, ABC....

• 2013-12-29 00:40
  • Rooted Superuser....
  • Rating0

I unlocked the Bootloader and installed MROM(cyanogen7.7 mod) this gives me fantastic battery life and no overheating/4Hr battery life I was experiencing with the stock Motorola ROM.

Seriously, the stock ROM is CRAP!

Battery life was max 4.5 Hrs running 3G/texting/surfing.
Charging, I could fry an egg on my phone, battery reporting was all over the place, mostly 1/2 charged reporting 230% charge @ 3800mV...

I like this phone, I now LOVE this phone with MROM as the OS.

Battery life is fantastic.
Audio, Full DSP GUI takes advantage of the Wolfson 5.1 audio chip and with FLAC as the file format the sound is unbeatable.
I have BOSE QuietComfort 15 headphones and demoing this to different people, they can't believe the audiofile acoustics that this tiny phone produces.

This morning I had the WiFi/3G and Music playing for over 5Hrs and still had 30%+ battery left.
I'm not sure if its the Cyanogen or Michael Montuori's coding work and tweaking that makes this a winner ROM, but the next phone I purchase will be one that Mr. Montuori has developed the ROM for.

I will always keep this phone, I even might purchase a used BU phone to keep as an audio player, its better than any other audio player I have owned or listened to, in its current configuration.

• 2013-12-29 00:22

Learn DOS .. The instruction you found online are not
100% accurate .. Done two of these phones.

• 2013-12-23 09:29
  • 7s3g

Whats the safe way to unlock the boot-loader on the 2.3.6 gb 4.5.145 and if there is not a safe way how can i downgrade from 4.5.145 to a lower version such as 4.5.141 or low, if any one have any info that can help please email me at: maurice_walker@yahoo.com or reply to the post.

• 2013-12-16 01:51
  • ka81

Remove gapps competely or don't install the gapps at all...solves the restarting problem

• 2013-12-15 17:10
  • uw@v

> In reply to Kirk Chambers @ 2013-12-06 00:15 from ka83 - click to readtry Android recovery

• 2013-12-13 04:58
  • 7t}N

Can someone help me because I recently got the phone and it keeps restarting itself. I really need the assistance.

• 2013-12-06 00:15
  • ka83
Total of 808 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX 4G.