Motorola ATRIX HD MB886 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6

Beware of this phone! I got talked out of a glaxay s2 by the ATT salesman to a atrix HD mb886 because this phone was suppose to have 'gorilla glass' and be near impossible to break. 34 days after buying the phone, the screen cracks through a screen protector and case by me lifting my leg and it getting pressed against my pocket knife clipped on my pocket. The LCD screen broke from being in my coat pocket and me dropping my coat on the floor from about 3 feet. Parts are expensive and hard to find, $100+ for digitizer and $41+ for LCD, and it seems to be very unpopular so no local places will work on it, and I'm wary of mail-in repair companies.

The software is ok at best, I did have a freeze-up that required a hard reset to fix only a week after owning the phone but it was the only time it happened. I also have problems with the signal. I live in a low signal area so I loose connection and regain it many times a day. Sometimes it seems like the phone just stops looking for signal and I have to switch it to airplane mode for a second and then back to normal to get it to find signal again. Also, my phone has wifi problems where it will turn the wifi off and not be able to turn itself back on, almost as if it is a hardware problem.

Terrible phone. Be wary

• 2013-02-27 13:55
  • 40rs

Atrix 2 or atrix hd?now i m using htc explorer and i want to buy new one...

• 2013-02-17 06:57
  • K1Kg

Where can we buy this mobile?

• 2013-02-16 19:35
  • mP8N

Battery life is terrible, but what do you expect with a dual core processor?
My main problem is that The phone will not work properly with a Ballistic screen protector or an otterbox case with screen protector. The only way to get it to make error free finger swipes is to have no protector.
Im sure others have had this problem too right?
Solution?

• 2013-02-14 01:52
  • jjQR

the battery cast about 100 USD and requires some specialized instructions for removal/replacement. you can look it up on YouTube. keywords "AtrixHD battery removal"

• 2013-02-13 21:04
  • kRb}

I just got mine and it rocks! I've got the atrix 4g and the atrix 2. The only down fall I can find is the atrix HD has poor battery life. But over all this is probably the best atrix so far minus the short battery life. This could be me though. I live out in the country so my phone is my internet. I live on this thing. I am looking into a battery mod..

• 2013-02-13 00:45
  • FEBA

Motorola Atrix HD tops user satisfaction poll,

• 2013-02-12 10:47
  • JEip

are but battery is not remmovable how can you replace with other battery??

• 2013-02-12 07:57
  • Mfxa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-21 09:16 from Kini - click to readHere you are:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jql0jxpBpA
2. http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=1968916

Battery door is quite flexible so you wont damage anything. All process is very simple.

• 2013-02-06 21:55
  • 2S{D

Been using this phone since the last 6 months and its a great device.it had some bugs but once upgraded to jelly bean it s amazing. Def recommend this device.specially hdmi input.

• 2013-01-29 21:46
  • 01Hh

> In reply to SMD @ 2013-01-18 15:55 from 2S{N - click to readAny online guide on how to do this?

• 2013-01-21 09:16
  • Kini

I am using Atrix HD for a few weeks and its running on latest update 4.1.1 Jelly Beans and all I can say is that its a very good phone. Screen is sharp, crisp and very high resolution. Colors are really boosted and look nicer. Battery lasts full day with moderate to heavy use. If you want you can swap its battery (Very easy) with Razr Maxx battery EB40 3300mAh and have double talk time. In my opinion its worth money phone.

• 2013-01-18 15:55
  • 2S{N

> In reply to techpro @ 2013-01-13 11:37 from Px%Q - click to readIt's a good phone. I never get signal drops and battery is better than my iPhone 4s. I just dropped it today on asphalt from my eye level and it got one dot on the screen. edges got a little dented, the shiny part looks slightly scuffed. It kind of still looks new. Looks better than my iPhone 4s and I never dropped that one.

• 2013-01-17 23:07
  • kxIs

still atrix 2 is my choice..have fm radio and removable battery

• 2013-01-15 12:36
  • IVVY

> In reply to ctjester @ 2013-01-13 19:39 from kPth - click to readYou don't. Get a portable charger instead.

• 2013-01-14 01:06
  • sbfP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-30 00:38 from N}$J - click to readHow do you swap it out if it's non-removeable?

• 2013-01-13 19:39
  • kPth

Hi,

1)Battery performance is not all good and its non-removable.
2)signal drop.very annoying
3)back and home buttons are in the screen.
4)no radio
Totally It's not worth ..

• 2013-01-13 11:37
  • Px%Q

I never write reviews about anything but I had to say something about this worthless excuses for a smart phone, I would not be able to sleep at night letting another sole purchase this crap.. Its a average looking phone nothing special about it at all, it operates ok ill give it that but the most important component must have bin overlooked. The battery life is terrible and will need to be charged 2-3x to get thru your day, if you are a normal person that uses your phone for calls, emails, texts, etc. This phone is not for you!! might be ok If you are a loser that does not have anyone to talk and does not work and can be home all day sitting by the charger. possibly its only value would be it might make you look cool holding it. Also makes a good but expensive beer mug coaster. No point of even talking about the browser specs as it is pretty decent with the adroid 4.0 ICS. but no point on even going over it as you will need battery power to operate the phone.

• 2013-01-05 07:00
  • qbbx

> In reply to DINESH7 @ 2012-12-25 09:22 from IWcT - click to readNo. Atrix 4G and Atrix 2 got stiffed. Large.

Motofail. Didn't you know?

• 2013-01-03 08:08
  • NUwE
Total of 293 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX HD MB886.