Motorola ATRIX HD MB886 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6
7.7
7.6

If you're going to suggest the root & sqlite tweak for hotspots, there is an easier way. Install the Atrix HD stock Mexican Retail rom since it doesn't contain any entitlement checks and tethering and hotspots are available for everyone regardless of carrier limitations. Go to XDA's Atrix HD forums for more help if needed.

• 2013-04-28 16:07
  • QL%t
  • F

> In reply to raajv @ 2013-04-26 07:04 from tUwy - click to readOption 1: root your phone, install SQLite Editor, disable "entitlement check" in system settings with SQLE. Google "AT&T mobile hotspot entitlement check" for detailed steps.
Option 2: Install Foxfi. No need to root, but you need to buy the full version for unlimited use.
Option 3: Exchange it for a non AT&T phone if at all possible.

• 2013-04-27 18:45
  • 6cfJ

> In reply to GlacierGlider @ 2013-03-27 00:45 from 7y2P - click to readi bought this phone very recently thru ebay (online), but I am not able to use tethering hotspot, it is showing account not set up for Mobile Hotspot.
pls. guide me to use this facility.

• 2013-04-26 07:04
  • tUwy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-17 08:08 from SfV6 - click to readHi, can you describe how to replace battery, as it is non-removable on this model.

• 2013-04-26 05:48
  • vMg}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-02 22:04 from 41hX - click to readif u have battery issues, then try gold extended batteries. and use battery saving programs. i increased mine like x2 times last longer.

• 2013-04-17 08:08
  • SfV6

I just bought this phone I have had it for a week. It took a day or two to get used to. I had an HTC inspire for two years and any battery life is better than that phone. I have been impressed with the speed and visual gui. in all it is a phone what more do you want it to do? it does everything I need it to do and the battery last's till the evening so about 12hrs then back to charger, but i keep a car charger and wall charger at work as well just in case of large usage.

• 2013-04-02 22:04
  • 41hX

> In reply to jshfchtr @ 2013-02-27 13:55 from 40rs - click to readSounds like you really don't know how to use this phone. This is one of the best phones I have ever owned. Sure it has its issues like any phone but if you treat it right, it works just fine. I dropped mine from an 10 foot catwalk at work and it did just fine.I only have the rubber case that comes with the dash/window mount and that is all I have needed. My only complaint is that he battery goes down to quickly. Everyone is giving bad reviews for this phone, but I say buy it, it is a great phone.

• 2013-03-27 00:45
  • 7y2P

I think this could be a good phone but there are some things that need to be worked out on it. The battery is one of them. My phone locked up on me last night. that is another.

• 2013-03-18 11:42
  • b9Ct

I've had to have this phone replaced 2x's. This phone is buggy, horrible battle life and cannot be relied on. I work in the public, so I need a phone that is dependable. The salesman at AT&T lied and said that it had a good battery life. But it was my mistake for not doing my research fist. My intentions that day was not to buy a phone. I WILL NEVERY BUY ANOTHER ATRIX HD

• 2013-03-15 19:10
  • 0275

Have only had phone about 6 weeks. Have already had the sim card replaced once & am thinking of takiing it in agaun! I have the otter box covers? Have had problems with when you turn phone back on after screen goes black it brings up some weird screens,that are burried in back of other things you can change.
Any suggestions???? Thanks

• 2013-03-07 23:34
  • 8HPT

> In reply to jim @ 2013-02-17 06:57 from K1Kg - click to readAtrix hd, hands down.

• 2013-03-05 12:04
  • rM2%

Beware of this phone! I got talked out of a glaxay s2 by the ATT salesman to a atrix HD mb886 because this phone was suppose to have 'gorilla glass' and be near impossible to break. 34 days after buying the phone, the screen cracks through a screen protector and case by me lifting my leg and it getting pressed against my pocket knife clipped on my pocket. The LCD screen broke from being in my coat pocket and me dropping my coat on the floor from about 3 feet. Parts are expensive and hard to find, $100+ for digitizer and $41+ for LCD, and it seems to be very unpopular so no local places will work on it, and I'm wary of mail-in repair companies.

The software is ok at best, I did have a freeze-up that required a hard reset to fix only a week after owning the phone but it was the only time it happened. I also have problems with the signal. I live in a low signal area so I loose connection and regain it many times a day. Sometimes it seems like the phone just stops looking for signal and I have to switch it to airplane mode for a second and then back to normal to get it to find signal again. Also, my phone has wifi problems where it will turn the wifi off and not be able to turn itself back on, almost as if it is a hardware problem.

Terrible phone. Be wary

• 2013-02-27 13:55
  • 40rs

Atrix 2 or atrix hd?now i m using htc explorer and i want to buy new one...

• 2013-02-17 06:57
  • K1Kg

Where can we buy this mobile?

• 2013-02-16 19:35
  • mP8N

Battery life is terrible, but what do you expect with a dual core processor?
My main problem is that The phone will not work properly with a Ballistic screen protector or an otterbox case with screen protector. The only way to get it to make error free finger swipes is to have no protector.
Im sure others have had this problem too right?
Solution?

• 2013-02-14 01:52
  • jjQR

the battery cast about 100 USD and requires some specialized instructions for removal/replacement. you can look it up on YouTube. keywords "AtrixHD battery removal"

• 2013-02-13 21:04
  • kRb}

I just got mine and it rocks! I've got the atrix 4g and the atrix 2. The only down fall I can find is the atrix HD has poor battery life. But over all this is probably the best atrix so far minus the short battery life. This could be me though. I live out in the country so my phone is my internet. I live on this thing. I am looking into a battery mod..

• 2013-02-13 00:45
  • FEBA

Motorola Atrix HD tops user satisfaction poll,

• 2013-02-12 10:47
  • JEip

are but battery is not remmovable how can you replace with other battery??

• 2013-02-12 07:57
  • Mfxa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-21 09:16 from Kini - click to readHere you are:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jql0jxpBpA
2. http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=1968916

Battery door is quite flexible so you wont damage anything. All process is very simple.

• 2013-02-06 21:55
  • 2S{D
Total of 344 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX HD MB886.