great operating system but cant believe the design of the flip having keyboard exposed to be damaged by every day pocket wear and tear
maybe a new type of motorola on http://www.ciaomondo.it/motoro...ublebackflip
i just sent a friend to buy me the backflip in the US, i just cant wait to lay my hands on this phone. the motoblur and android are just fantastic. i love this phone .
i want buy this phone
i must buy it
im in love with this design
well done moto
wow! i love this phone! Got it 6 days ago and it just gets better and better.
This is a very social phone, the happenings widget keeps me in touch with my online friends and email alerts in the notification bar are very handy.
I was very concerned about the lack of bluetooth file transfer support "out of the box" but the apps suggested to me do a brilliant job! Backtrack is awesome, really cuts down on the gross finger smudges. I especially love how I can choose to either use backtrack, touch screen or keyboard. Hasn't crashed and it's quite fast and responsive.
Only thing that's a minus is the android keypad, too small (and I'm a girl with small hands) also the keyboard buttons are hard to press, when writing lengthy emails and texts it's a bit tiring. Picture quality is good but the display lets it down. I sent a picture i took with backflip to my old phone (NokiaN95) and it looked much crisper. They're my only drawbacks.
Overall the performance, functionality and especially design deserve kudos. I'm rapt I have a phone that works a treat and looks like nothing else out there. Good job moto!
Anonymous, 22 Apr 2010does anyone know how much the phone is in australia?
thank you and please help !
also, is it... moreits not avaliable tp purchase outright in australia just yet.
exclusive to optus with great plans though.
same goes for the dext also..
Phone is reelllllyyyy good ...google makes phone poweeerrrfffuuullll...and dont buy this phone...
Does it have Blue tooth voice commands? Can you say call "joes mobile" and will it connect?
Very nice phone works without a problem even with the backflip design,only item battery life lasts at times 1/2 day before recharging is necessary
Picked up a Moto Backflip today and am playing with it, getting familiar with everything I can.
First thoughts on the Backflip:
I like the track pad
The way it opens is oddball, buts makes a strange kind of sense.
I could do with more plain Android and less MotoBlur/AT&T bloat.
I posted a full review at http://www.motorola-backflip.com you can check it out.
Moto_expert, 21 Apr 2010Yes, it is true that out of the box the phone can't transfer files via bluetooth. However, the... moreMany thanx. I will check back in once I've had a chance to put it thru it's paces.
does anyone know how much the phone is in australia?
thank you and please help !
also, is it good and doesnt have an faults?
1. Set any of your songs as a phone ringtone:
* From the Applications menu, touch AT&T Music
* Touch Music Player
* Navigate to a song you want to use as a phone ringtone
* Touch & hold the song in the list to open the context menu
* Select Use as phone ringtone. The ringtone is set as your default incoming call ringtone
2. Personalize your ringtones:
* Press the Home key to open the Applications Tray
* Touch Settings
* Touch Sound & ringtone
* Touch Phone ringtone and select a phone ringtone
3. Customize the text message ringtone
* From the applications tray touch Text messaging
* Press the Menu button (On the left with 4 squares)
* Touch Text Messaging Settings
* Touch Select Ringtone
4. Assign a ringtone to a contact:
* From the Applications Tray tap Contacts
* Press the menu key
* Select the contact you want to assign a ringtone to
* Tap edit
* Scroll down and tap Ringtone
* Choose a ringtone from the list and tap OK
Note: To assign a music/song from your memory card as a ringtone, first follow step 1 above and follow step 4 again.
5. Download ringtones from Android market
* From the programs menu, touch Market
* Touch search to search for ringtones
Ag$tarr, 21 Apr 2010I ordered my handset today, hoping it arrives in de next few days really looking forward to it... moreYes, it is true that out of the box the phone can't transfer files via bluetooth. However, there are free 3rd party applications that are available on the Market like Bluetooth File Transfer and Androbex that can make it possible.