Motorola DEFY+ - user opinions and reviews

6.6

u can root defy without pc ,,(framaroot.apk ) in seconds

• 2014-04-23 18:18
  • wdNs

My defy is not tethering to other devices and its open not security. I can see other devices connected but not able to use tethering

• 2014-04-06 03:47
  • Pb6b

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-29 10:15 from X0{6 - click to readhow to root this phone im in malaysia

• 2014-04-05 00:12
  • KZ8M

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-11 17:49 from utqg - click to readhow to upgrade to kitkat?

• 2014-03-29 10:15
  • X0{6

This was truly an awesome phone by Motorola. I am running Kitkat 4.4.2 (CM11) on my defy+. The RAM being 512MB; it can't handle too much of multitasking, lags when doing so. Completed almost 2 years now. I have can have this device for a few more months. Probably my new phone will also be a Motorola.

• 2014-03-28 09:03
  • Mfx8

kitkat 4.4.2 is working fine thanks to cm11

• 2014-03-11 17:49
  • utqg

I m using this since 2 years, and i m pleased to have Motorola experience. The phone has low RAM 512, which can't b load more apps, but having excellent safety features. No service center in India is a big issue.

• 2014-03-02 20:41
  • rKd1

Regarding upgrading. To you who want to upgrade to Kit Kat 4.4: You have to read several places to fully undertand how to do this, I did. I lernt that doing it in Windows is guaranteed to give you loads of unwanted viruses or Trojans! I did it in Windows, using USB cable and loading files to SD card of the phone. Good place to start is: http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2515036 And as always: Google! :-) The difficult part is rooting the phone. And be awake! Do it wrong, and you might have to buy new phone... Today I have Android 4.4.2 (XDE) w/latest Google keyboard that has swype and Emoji. It is maybe faster than before. Love my "new" Defy+!

• 2014-02-26 19:11
  • mG0f

Signature verify faild. Instal aborted how to solve this problam plz anyone help me.

• 2014-02-20 12:50
  • n1H$

> In reply to discreet @ 2014-01-22 16:51 from fqdN - click to readthis phone can be update to Android 4.4

• 2014-02-16 22:38
  • L8%m

> In reply to JJ Navin @ 2013-10-24 05:58 from ttYm - click to readI download the zip file after what are the procedure how instal jelly bean 4.2 help me

• 2014-02-16 17:42
  • n1H}

can anybody tell me, how to get update or how shall i root it with new update

• 2014-01-23 12:36
  • P5J6

can i ubdate this phone to android 4

• 2014-01-22 16:51
  • fqdN

I've owned this model since 2012. It is actually a pretty good little phone for its price tag($130-$150). The original software is c**p, but after rooting it and installing a few roms, I came across a rom that is blazing fast, stable and highly customizable (Mokee ROM based on 2.3.7).
The reception and call quality are some of the strong points. The earpiece is very loud and the 2 microphones do their job well. Call-wise it's better than iphone 4/4s or other more "high end" phones. Also, on 2G network mode, I always get 50h+ out of the battery with moderate use which is more than decent for a smartphone. I wouldn't recommend using 3G a lot because it overheats.
It has seen abuse including washing, the sea, the pool, even beer and believe me, it's waterproof. Unfortunately, the first time I dropped it on a hard surface some spots appeared on the screen and never went away, but changing the lcd is not that difficult or expensive, it's about $25 if you do it yourself.
The camera is average, not that great, but at least it has a flash which you can use as a flashlight. The rest of the hardware is pretty decent and the fact that it has 2GB of internal storage helps a lot. If you have an extra 4GB SD card it's more than enough memory.
To wrap it up:
Pros: Excellent call quality, durability, waterproof, great battery life on 2G, decent hardware and features.
Cons: Slow original software with an absolute lack of official upgrades, sensitive display, poor camera.

• 2014-01-18 12:35
  • LaA6

I've been using this phone since 2011, but only thought of rooting it last year. Should have done it sooner, as all the problems with the hanging and rebooting went away instantly. The major problem of this phone was the massive amount of bloatware it came with, so rooting got rid of that. Also installed cyanogenmod9 (jellybean) and now I have no problems with my phone. Gaskets are still okay after all this time, plus it has survived many a sudden rainshower and (I know, eww) a short dunk in the toilet. If ever I do replace this phone, it will be for something with the same durability, and haven't seen anything like that around yet.

• 2014-01-10 05:36
  • t7Tq

> In reply to nilobee @ 2014-01-02 15:29 from Kg%0 - click to readUnfortunately, my experience with this phone is pretty much the same, save the screen and gasket issues.
Sometimes it also gets stuck in rebooting cycle and keeps rebooting for hours!

• 2014-01-06 14:41
  • muGL

After 20 months of disappointment after disappointment, I'm finally retiring my Defy+. I don't even have any plans of selling it in order to save other people from disappointment.

Here are the issues I've experienced in the past 20 months:

1. Slow to power up from OFF.
2. Poor GPS performance.
3. Poor camera performance.
4. Constantly hanging and crashing.
5. Damaged the screen (huge clump of dead pixels) for unknown reasons so I had to replace the screen.
6. The rubber gasket for the USB port has lost it's seal so it is now virtually non-waterproof.

• 2014-01-02 15:29
  • Kg%0

> In reply to louiephp @ 2013-12-01 18:16 from t7Mb - click to readDownload frama root application and install it ,it automatically root your phone without risk.

• 2013-12-20 17:29
  • uvK8

> In reply to louiephp @ 2013-12-01 18:16 from t7Mb - click to readXda developers i ve already done my mb 526 on 4.2.2 after rooting and covery change

• 2013-12-07 12:02
  • 0UpL

Every time i take a photo, after some times the photos gets deleted or missing by itself. Anyone has any idea on how to solve this?

• 2013-12-05 04:51
  • tuei
Total of 1395 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DEFY+.