Motorola DEFY+ - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.4
7.3
6.7

> In reply to M_Antha @ 2014-08-28 10:53 from b%2X - click to readI think you need to change the sdcard. Mine did that a the beggining but know it works with a good sd card kingston

• 2014-10-05 16:26
  • mL4$

How to take screenshot..?

• 2014-09-11 10:47
  • PS6r

I am using this phone for a few months now. All of a sudden, the pictures in the gallery went missing. And now all photos snapped will just disappear... Anyone has any clue whats going on with this phone??

• 2014-08-28 10:53
  • b%2X

> In reply to nandu @ 2014-08-22 17:37 from fCx} - click to readBecause you get a faulty device. I have one and i didn't experienced tones of problems like you. It has some downs but not hell as you say. Only problem i had with the speaker. It's rooted, moded with at least 4 custom roms and still works. Sure it has some quirks because of the mods and the device it's not a state of the art by default but anyways....not hell.

• 2014-08-26 13:25
  • 9AR9

> In reply to cod captain price @ 2014-08-20 05:45 from X}tM - click to readHi,
Why this postive feedback boss by seing this some one thinks as this ll be good mobile. One of the most worst mobile in My life
Automatically get switchoff..
Apps cant be downloaded properly
Touch screen wont work properly
Key pad not proper
Not one thing is good
I am facing hell with dis blody Defy
So dnt post this type of reviews any more please....

Thanks

• 2014-08-22 17:37
  • fCx}

this phone is perfectly matching with who don't care of his phone and servivers. i got lots of experience(installing custom rom,stock rom,rooting,unrooting,bootlooder unlocking). i recomend cm9 ics.
do not use this following roms.
1.cm 10 jb
2.cm 11 kk
this roms are too lagging,freezing.wasting time to responding. google play is not working.yo can install back your stock rom using RSDlite.
exchange your phone to them- nokia x family phones(x,xl,x2,x+)
or motorola moto G
cod captain price
from Sri Lanka

• 2014-08-20 05:45
  • X}tM

> In reply to judidun @ 2014-06-07 01:57 from 39xV - click to readOld Motorola's skin (Motoblur) sucks. I unlocked the bootloader of mine and flash KitKat 4.4.4 (by Quarx). Another phone now.

• 2014-07-26 21:41
  • J{pP

I have a DEFY+ and it is the worst phone I have ever had. It keeps switching itself off and on at the most inappropriate times. If I am using an app when someone phones me I can't answer it. The screen keeps jumping about if I try to text or use the internet in bad weather. It keeps freezing so I end up having to remove the battery and switch it back on. Definitely the last time I get a motorola. Other family members have Samsung phone. I am definitely switching to them when this contract runs out.

• 2014-06-07 01:57
  • 39xV

Owned Defy and Defy+. Had other phones, and frankly the little motorola is an awesomely well balanced design. It is a little thick, but if that is the trade you have to make for a small bezel on small screen that fits easily in any pocket, i'll take it. Physically, my favourite phone ever. Decent loudspeaker, decent with headphones, was my companion at work, headphones in working through the rain in a mining job with great reception. Touchscreen sensative and accurate even with rubberized gloves on.

If only the processor and software were less buggy and laggy. It is truly the only letdown, with the camera being more subpar than a letdown. If Motorola released a V2.0 with a Tegra 3 and 1gb ram onboard with an Exmor R, 4.0" screen with even the same res but less bezel i'd buy it in a heartbeat. That truly would be the perfect handset for me as a working guy who needs an all conditions phone.

I've tried other handsets that are "IP67" and the Defy just seems to be better physically. It's compact nature makes it better while in your pocket and that actually counts when at work.

Synopsis: Great workmate.

• 2014-05-17 15:54
  • v61H

u can root defy without pc ,,(framaroot.apk ) in seconds

• 2014-04-23 18:18
  • wdNs

My defy is not tethering to other devices and its open not security. I can see other devices connected but not able to use tethering

• 2014-04-06 03:47
  • Pb6b

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-29 10:15 from X0{6 - click to readhow to root this phone im in malaysia

• 2014-04-05 00:12
  • KZ8M

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-11 17:49 from utqg - click to readhow to upgrade to kitkat?

• 2014-03-29 10:15
  • X0{6

This was truly an awesome phone by Motorola. I am running Kitkat 4.4.2 (CM11) on my defy+. The RAM being 512MB; it can't handle too much of multitasking, lags when doing so. Completed almost 2 years now. I have can have this device for a few more months. Probably my new phone will also be a Motorola.

• 2014-03-28 09:03
  • Mfx8

kitkat 4.4.2 is working fine thanks to cm11

• 2014-03-11 17:49
  • utqg

I m using this since 2 years, and i m pleased to have Motorola experience. The phone has low RAM 512, which can't b load more apps, but having excellent safety features. No service center in India is a big issue.

• 2014-03-02 20:41
  • rKd1

Regarding upgrading. To you who want to upgrade to Kit Kat 4.4: You have to read several places to fully undertand how to do this, I did. I lernt that doing it in Windows is guaranteed to give you loads of unwanted viruses or Trojans! I did it in Windows, using USB cable and loading files to SD card of the phone. Good place to start is: http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2515036 And as always: Google! :-) The difficult part is rooting the phone. And be awake! Do it wrong, and you might have to buy new phone... Today I have Android 4.4.2 (XDE) w/latest Google keyboard that has swype and Emoji. It is maybe faster than before. Love my "new" Defy+!

• 2014-02-26 19:11
  • mG0f

Signature verify faild. Instal aborted how to solve this problam plz anyone help me.

• 2014-02-20 12:50
  • n1H$

> In reply to discreet @ 2014-01-22 16:51 from fqdN - click to readthis phone can be update to Android 4.4

• 2014-02-16 22:38
  • L8%m

> In reply to JJ Navin @ 2013-10-24 05:58 from ttYm - click to readI download the zip file after what are the procedure how instal jelly bean 4.2 help me

• 2014-02-16 17:42
  • n1H}
Total of 1404 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DEFY+.