Motorola DEFY+ - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.3
7.2
6.6

Bad Phone - wireless signal sucks. a smartphone without a good wireless connection it's useless - IT HAS ONLY 3G NETWORK. if u switch it on 2g u won't be able to receive any calls. and if u switch it on automatic, your phone battery will last .

• 2014-12-10 06:28
  • bERJ
  • F

Bad Phone

- IT HAS ONLY 3G NETWORK. if u switch it on 2g u won't be able to receive any calls. and if u switch it on automatic, your phone battery will last only few hours, the continuous search of the signal will drain the battery extremely fast. Recharging it 4-5 times on a day it'll make u hate this phone. So.... only 3g network it's the only option. Still, the battery won't last at least 24h. I've tried not to use it for apps, just for short calls, to see the maximum duration, and it was 20-23 hours the best.
- also problems with the gsm signal.
- the touchsreen not so resistant, my cat walked on it when it was recharging, on the bed, and now it has a lot of dead pixels. Resistant phone? On water I guess. Who need that anyway? I don't swim with my phone.
- not enough RAM, the phone is getting slower fast, u often need to kill apps with task manager. Maybe too often. To install a new app u must delete another.

In conclusion, it was the worse phone I ever had. It made so frustrated that I bought next a Samsung and I've remained a Samsung fan ever since.

• 2014-12-08 16:08
  • nD$k

yes there is some issue in software but other things is verryyyy great like built quality very good i drop this phone more than 25 times by mistake over 3 to 4 feet but work very good and it's battery life is very good it lasting 2 days easily i think good built quality and battery

• 2014-12-01 16:39
  • u1Ef

> In reply to nandu @ 2014-08-22 17:37 from fCx} - click to readfully agree, it sucks

• 2014-11-06 10:49
  • Mfxg

> In reply to M_Antha @ 2014-08-28 10:53 from b%2X - click to readI think you need to change the sdcard. Mine did that a the beggining but know it works with a good sd card kingston

• 2014-10-05 16:26
  • mL4$

How to take screenshot..?

• 2014-09-11 10:47
  • PS6r

I am using this phone for a few months now. All of a sudden, the pictures in the gallery went missing. And now all photos snapped will just disappear... Anyone has any clue whats going on with this phone??

• 2014-08-28 10:53
  • b%2X

> In reply to nandu @ 2014-08-22 17:37 from fCx} - click to readBecause you get a faulty device. I have one and i didn't experienced tones of problems like you. It has some downs but not hell as you say. Only problem i had with the speaker. It's rooted, moded with at least 4 custom roms and still works. Sure it has some quirks because of the mods and the device it's not a state of the art by default but anyways....not hell.

• 2014-08-26 13:25
  • 9AR9

> In reply to cod captain price @ 2014-08-20 05:45 from X}tM - click to readHi,
Why this postive feedback boss by seing this some one thinks as this ll be good mobile. One of the most worst mobile in My life
Automatically get switchoff..
Apps cant be downloaded properly
Touch screen wont work properly
Key pad not proper
Not one thing is good
I am facing hell with dis blody Defy
So dnt post this type of reviews any more please....

Thanks

• 2014-08-22 17:37
  • fCx}

this phone is perfectly matching with who don't care of his phone and servivers. i got lots of experience(installing custom rom,stock rom,rooting,unrooting,bootlooder unlocking). i recomend cm9 ics.
do not use this following roms.
1.cm 10 jb
2.cm 11 kk
this roms are too lagging,freezing.wasting time to responding. google play is not working.yo can install back your stock rom using RSDlite.
exchange your phone to them- nokia x family phones(x,xl,x2,x+)
or motorola moto G
cod captain price
from Sri Lanka

• 2014-08-20 05:45
  • X}tM

> In reply to judidun @ 2014-06-07 01:57 from 39xV - click to readOld Motorola's skin (Motoblur) sucks. I unlocked the bootloader of mine and flash KitKat 4.4.4 (by Quarx). Another phone now.

• 2014-07-26 21:41
  • J{pP

I have a DEFY+ and it is the worst phone I have ever had. It keeps switching itself off and on at the most inappropriate times. If I am using an app when someone phones me I can't answer it. The screen keeps jumping about if I try to text or use the internet in bad weather. It keeps freezing so I end up having to remove the battery and switch it back on. Definitely the last time I get a motorola. Other family members have Samsung phone. I am definitely switching to them when this contract runs out.

• 2014-06-07 01:57
  • 39xV

Owned Defy and Defy+. Had other phones, and frankly the little motorola is an awesomely well balanced design. It is a little thick, but if that is the trade you have to make for a small bezel on small screen that fits easily in any pocket, i'll take it. Physically, my favourite phone ever. Decent loudspeaker, decent with headphones, was my companion at work, headphones in working through the rain in a mining job with great reception. Touchscreen sensative and accurate even with rubberized gloves on.

If only the processor and software were less buggy and laggy. It is truly the only letdown, with the camera being more subpar than a letdown. If Motorola released a V2.0 with a Tegra 3 and 1gb ram onboard with an Exmor R, 4.0" screen with even the same res but less bezel i'd buy it in a heartbeat. That truly would be the perfect handset for me as a working guy who needs an all conditions phone.

I've tried other handsets that are "IP67" and the Defy just seems to be better physically. It's compact nature makes it better while in your pocket and that actually counts when at work.

Synopsis: Great workmate.

• 2014-05-17 15:54
  • v61H

u can root defy without pc ,,(framaroot.apk ) in seconds

• 2014-04-23 18:18
  • wdNs

My defy is not tethering to other devices and its open not security. I can see other devices connected but not able to use tethering

• 2014-04-06 03:47
  • Pb6b

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-29 10:15 from X0{6 - click to readhow to root this phone im in malaysia

• 2014-04-05 00:12
  • KZ8M

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-11 17:49 from utqg - click to readhow to upgrade to kitkat?

• 2014-03-29 10:15
  • X0{6

This was truly an awesome phone by Motorola. I am running Kitkat 4.4.2 (CM11) on my defy+. The RAM being 512MB; it can't handle too much of multitasking, lags when doing so. Completed almost 2 years now. I have can have this device for a few more months. Probably my new phone will also be a Motorola.

• 2014-03-28 09:03
  • Mfx8

kitkat 4.4.2 is working fine thanks to cm11

• 2014-03-11 17:49
  • utqg

I m using this since 2 years, and i m pleased to have Motorola experience. The phone has low RAM 512, which can't b load more apps, but having excellent safety features. No service center in India is a big issue.

• 2014-03-02 20:41
  • rKd1
Total of 1408 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DEFY+.