after 1 year and 3 months my battery drain even in off condition (short circuit even never use in water). it was good phone: never restart, in a place where the gsm signal is bad: none of my friends got signal (same carrier as mine), defy still manage have 4 bar of edge. btw I recommend slimkat 4.4 to anyone still used this art of engineering
I bought my Defy Plus in 2011 and its still working BUT...
1. Replaced the screen after a year and a half because of pixel burn-in.
2. Larger pixel burn-in on the second screen in less than a year.
3. Rubber gasket covers for micro USB port loosened after 1.5 years.
4. Still experiencing reboots since day one.
Worst Android phone I ever bought.
motorola defy plus, 17 Aug 2015me too ...!!! hate this reboot problem. I fixed it changing the cellphone data mode.
U have to restart the phone and press "Vol -" when the LED light.
Then u have to search for something that say "on demand" (My Defy+ is rooted, I dont remember what is write on original boot menu. For me it is "Scaling"). U just have to change this parameter. Im using "conservative" mode, for example. And dont worry about this changing. If u still having problems, just go back to old configuration.
With the glowing reviews, it appears I drew the short straw and ended up with one of these Defy+'s from a series of faulty batches and was experiencing constant and relentless reboots, (even while freshly factory reset and a brand new replacement sim) with rather hell raising mid call reboots. Subsequent warranty replacements also eventually failed, but in completely different ways. I have to admit, I'm very glad to have gotten rid of mine 2 years ago, where in confession, I reached the end of my tether, folded it up (it folds quite easily) and literally threw it in the bin. The Sony Xperia line so far (Acro S and the Z2) in comparison have been a lot more stable for me.
Bought in 2011. Still very happy with its functioning. looks like it ll b god to use for another 4 years..
Good phone with the drawbacks of 512 MB RAM and Android 2.3.6 that Motorola is not willing to upgrade.
However, you can install CyanogenMod 9 (Android 4.0.4) very easily and it works even better, with a lot more setup opportunities (e.g. vibrate when your call is answered, vibrate in 45th seconds of call etc.).
(Maybe even newer versions of CM, even v11 that equals Android 4.4 but I use this one in the moment - however, these ugrades should be done by the manufacturer not by zealous fans.)
So in my opinion it is a very good phone with some handicaps coming from its age.
I had this phone since 2011 and it's still working!!! Unbelievable, if they could only make new phones this durable...
This is the worst phone I ever had it switches itself on an off automatically it hides photos on ma sdcard...am even thinking of switching
Infact,I really salute this phone. I'am using it now and will buy a new one when this fail to work.
I bought this phone in Jan 2011 till now using this phone.
Last year met with an accident and phone became curved, battery was curved, screen broken. I adjusted everything properly. Changed touch screen and using it till date.
I think this is the best phone of its time.
People commenting tht its not good, they need to check the manufacturing date of the phone. During the time when it was launched it was the best deal. I did a lot of under water shoot in my swimming pool with this phone.
Good phone with the exception of only 512MB RAM and obsolete Gingerbread (2.3). Good solution is upgrade to Jelly Bean (XDA Developers). ROM is VERY stable, no bugs at all, excellent performance and UP TO 250 FREE RAM
pjeschakkk, 24 Jan 2015I like my motorola defy plus very much. I use original android 2.3.6. Would be great if possib... moreYou're not losing much by keeping on 2.3.6, the stability and battery consumption seems better on it. Using a recent 4.4 (Quarx) on mine, you have to be real careful with the free ram otherwise it'll reboot and there's this annoying black screen bug when i'm calling or receiving calls. But anyway i like my rugged little phone regardless.
Pratham, 28 Mar 2014This was truly an awesome phone by Motorola. I am running Kitkat 4.4.2 (CM11) on my defy+. The... moreI like my motorola defy plus very much. I use original android 2.3.6. Would be great if possible to upgrade memory at least to 1 gb RAM.
wonder whitch unofficial android update to install on my motorola defy plus.
Could it get little bit faster than it is?
Bad Phone - wireless signal sucks. a smartphone without a good wireless connection it's useless - IT HAS ONLY 3G NETWORK. if u switch it on 2g u won't be able to receive any calls. and if u switch it on automatic, your phone battery will last .
- wireless signal sucks. a smartphone without a good wireless connection it's useless
- IT HAS ONLY 3G NETWORK. if u switch it on 2g u won't be able to receive any calls. and if u switch it on automatic, your phone battery will last only few hours, the continuous search of the signal will drain the battery extremely fast. Recharging it 4-5 times on a day it'll make u hate this phone. So.... only 3g network it's the only option. Still, the battery won't last at least 24h. I've tried not to use it for apps, just for short calls, to see the maximum duration, and it was 20-23 hours the best.
- also problems with the gsm signal.
- the touchsreen not so resistant, my cat walked on it when it was recharging, on the bed, and now it has a lot of dead pixels. Resistant phone? On water I guess. Who need that anyway? I don't swim with my phone.
- not enough RAM, the phone is getting slower fast, u often need to kill apps with task manager. Maybe too often. To install a new app u must delete another.
In conclusion, it was the worse phone I ever had. It made so frustrated that I bought next a Samsung and I've remained a Samsung fan ever since.
yes there is some issue in software but other things is verryyyy great like built quality very good i drop this phone more than 25 times by mistake over 3 to 4 feet but work very good and it's battery life is very good it lasting 2 days easily i think good built quality and battery