Motorola DEFY+ - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.3
7.2
6.6

> In reply to JJ Navin @ 2013-10-24 05:58 from ttYm - click to readI download the zip file after what are the procedure how instal jelly bean 4.2 help me

• 2014-02-16 17:42
  • n1H}

can anybody tell me, how to get update or how shall i root it with new update

• 2014-01-23 12:36
  • P5J6

can i ubdate this phone to android 4

• 2014-01-22 16:51
  • fqdN

I've owned this model since 2012. It is actually a pretty good little phone for its price tag($130-$150). The original software is c**p, but after rooting it and installing a few roms, I came across a rom that is blazing fast, stable and highly customizable (Mokee ROM based on 2.3.7).
The reception and call quality are some of the strong points. The earpiece is very loud and the 2 microphones do their job well. Call-wise it's better than iphone 4/4s or other more "high end" phones. Also, on 2G network mode, I always get 50h+ out of the battery with moderate use which is more than decent for a smartphone. I wouldn't recommend using 3G a lot because it overheats.
It has seen abuse including washing, the sea, the pool, even beer and believe me, it's waterproof. Unfortunately, the first time I dropped it on a hard surface some spots appeared on the screen and never went away, but changing the lcd is not that difficult or expensive, it's about $25 if you do it yourself.
The camera is average, not that great, but at least it has a flash which you can use as a flashlight. The rest of the hardware is pretty decent and the fact that it has 2GB of internal storage helps a lot. If you have an extra 4GB SD card it's more than enough memory.
To wrap it up:
Pros: Excellent call quality, durability, waterproof, great battery life on 2G, decent hardware and features.
Cons: Slow original software with an absolute lack of official upgrades, sensitive display, poor camera.

• 2014-01-18 12:35
  • LaA6

I've been using this phone since 2011, but only thought of rooting it last year. Should have done it sooner, as all the problems with the hanging and rebooting went away instantly. The major problem of this phone was the massive amount of bloatware it came with, so rooting got rid of that. Also installed cyanogenmod9 (jellybean) and now I have no problems with my phone. Gaskets are still okay after all this time, plus it has survived many a sudden rainshower and (I know, eww) a short dunk in the toilet. If ever I do replace this phone, it will be for something with the same durability, and haven't seen anything like that around yet.

• 2014-01-10 05:36
  • t7Tq

> In reply to nilobee @ 2014-01-02 15:29 from Kg%0 - click to readUnfortunately, my experience with this phone is pretty much the same, save the screen and gasket issues.
Sometimes it also gets stuck in rebooting cycle and keeps rebooting for hours!

• 2014-01-06 14:41
  • muGL

After 20 months of disappointment after disappointment, I'm finally retiring my Defy+. I don't even have any plans of selling it in order to save other people from disappointment.

Here are the issues I've experienced in the past 20 months:

1. Slow to power up from OFF.
2. Poor GPS performance.
3. Poor camera performance.
4. Constantly hanging and crashing.
5. Damaged the screen (huge clump of dead pixels) for unknown reasons so I had to replace the screen.
6. The rubber gasket for the USB port has lost it's seal so it is now virtually non-waterproof.

• 2014-01-02 15:29
  • Kg%0

> In reply to louiephp @ 2013-12-01 18:16 from t7Mb - click to readDownload frama root application and install it ,it automatically root your phone without risk.

• 2013-12-20 17:29
  • uvK8

> In reply to louiephp @ 2013-12-01 18:16 from t7Mb - click to readXda developers i ve already done my mb 526 on 4.2.2 after rooting and covery change

• 2013-12-07 12:02
  • 0UpL

Every time i take a photo, after some times the photos gets deleted or missing by itself. Anyone has any idea on how to solve this?

• 2013-12-05 04:51
  • tuei

> In reply to messiah @ 2013-11-10 22:49 from vI9v - click to readthank you bro! still scared.. thats the only prob.. but my phone is still awesome compared to others.. or atleast it still works great..

• 2013-12-01 20:45
  • Mh{x

> In reply to Stridertn @ 2013-09-14 17:06 from fvq9 - click to readKindly pls help to boot my mb256, how to run a 4.0 and up OS without big rusk, coz ofcourse there's always a risk in rooting, hoping to find someone who will teach to do it step by step, if u may guys, kindly email me if okay. Thanks. Will appreciate the big help if anybody will teach thank u again.
Louie.abalos@ymail.com

• 2013-12-01 18:16
  • t7Mb

guys im using Motorola mb526. my mobile suddenly doesn't work on 2g so tel me wats d problem n solution plz.

• 2013-11-26 11:15
  • uvPk

yes. Go ahead, root it and load a custom ROM, I have used CM7-11, and also MIUI/WIUI, Codenameandroid, and Quarx. all are good depending on your requiremets, chose one. Also do not forget to backup your ROM. Also you can download the SBF just incase your brick and remember keep your phone 100% charged whenever you do any kind of work

• 2013-11-10 22:49
  • vI9v

hey.. can all you "rooted" users please tell me if they are experiencing any problem, i have used it for almost 5 months and i am actually considering rooting and installing a custom rom.. one more thing, wil this also help out with the image and video quality of the phone? but i must say.. the best choice i ever made with spending my hard earned cash cause its super awesome for th amount i spent :D

• 2013-11-03 21:48
  • Mh{x

Have this phone for 18 months.
-In fact it is good as a first smartphone. Also the waterproof is nice.

The problem is that, when you realize how good is to have a smartphone, you notice how slow and irritating this phone is.

Tried many custom roms (including Xperia D 4.2 - the best for me), but they are slower that original SBF rom 2.3.5.

Conclusion: It is worth to spend more money and get a great smatphone.

• 2013-10-28 04:30
  • L0HF

Go to XDA developers and their in device list find for Defy/Defy Plus.

Here s the link for CM 10.2 (4.3.1), still OS is not stable but usable.

Before installation you need to root ur device and need to install custom boot menu and recovery. Before flashing ur device take a nandroid back up.

• 2013-10-24 05:58
  • ttYm

> In reply to Zoref @ 2012-10-15 10:00 from wdLV - click to readHi dude ,
I want to install latest version of Jelly bean can you guide me ..., send me some clear links or video. that works 100 % sure.

thanks in advance,
catch me : misterwhois@yahoo.com

• 2013-10-21 10:51
  • uwgX

It is a really poor phone. I suggest you not to buy this phone at all! The ram is just 512 mb! I've been using this phone and it hangs way too much! If you've a little sweaty fingers or wet fingers, and if you tap anywhere on the screen, it keeps on tapping there! I was so shocked at its slow speed! Even home and menu hangs and get forced close! Not even a little heavy application can be handled by the phone because it has a lot of default apps that are already running and consume way too much ram! I suggest you to look up for some other phones even rooting doesn't help and moreover, it is a risky thing to do.

• 2013-10-20 10:26
  • vGeD
Total of 1405 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DEFY+.