Motorola Defy Mini XT320 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.4
7.3
7.2

> In reply to Sheena @ 2013-01-26 12:41 from 3aHb - click to readHelo shina. Yep u can solve this problem by uninstalling so many app. If u download and using so many app thn may b u get again n again the same arror problem. If u do use only FB thn xt320 good perfectly.

• 2013-07-12 17:00
  • 6%AI

> In reply to fekish @ 2013-06-16 08:53 from iFxH - click to readIt was on offer from Amazon at only E65

• 2013-07-10 22:26
  • psKi

> In reply to Antagony @ 2013-06-22 18:38 from bHR2 - click to readHey, how can I root my phone? I'm having the same problems with the internal memory.

• 2013-07-07 12:44
  • JqQH

> In reply to Sinken @ 2013-06-15 16:01 from 30Zd - click to readYes, he can.

• 2013-06-26 16:50
  • 3qAy

I was given this phone as a gift so I can't complain too much, but I would've been very annoyed if I'd bought it myself. The internal memory is very limited (165MB) and it's crammed with bloatware, so there is almost no scope for installing new apps. Worse, once Google Play and the apps I never use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. had updated, I was continually getting urgent notifications about the memory being low, in spite of having a 32GB SD card installed.

In the end I got so frustrated I went through the process of rooting the phone which was decidedly difficult and fraught and learned how to uninstall all the stuff I don't want. It's been an arduous journey but I've finally got it working pretty well.

Another major annoyance is it won't work for voice calls using VoIP apps like Skype, Viber, etc. neither through WiFi nor 3G. This is apparently due to how the phone streams data and cannot be fixed.

One final major annoyance is the fact that Motorola have abandoned the phone and won't be updating the Android version beyond Gingerbread, in spite of the fact its hardware is perfectly capable of running ICS and/or JB. So unless some enterprising hacker comes up with a working method for updating it, many of the newer Android apps simply won't work on it. This is particularly galling, given that the main selling point of this phone was its long life due to its durability. Needless to say, I wouldn't have another Motorola device thrown at me.

• 2013-06-22 18:38
  • bHR2

> In reply to rowantree @ 2013-06-11 02:54 from 3aqK - click to readfrom which seller did you purchase it so cheap?

• 2013-06-16 08:53
  • iFxH

please can this phone skype with video ?

• 2013-06-15 16:01
  • 30Zd

I found this mobile just impossible to figure out how to use. Just deleting a text message is a mystery. The user guide is simply appalling. £50 thrown away as I am sure the mobile will be too.

• 2013-06-11 02:54
  • 3aqK

Have had my phone for 3 weeks, got it for £54 pounds ($82) brand new off ebay. So far i am very impressed with pros far outweighing the cons.

Pros:
* Very low cost
* WiFi & 3G
* 7 home screens for your shortcuts & widgets
* Decent Ram 420MB (more than my Xperia mini has)
* good sound (loud & clear)
* 3.2" screen (nice for those who want a small phone but not too small)
* 3.2MP camera
* Front facing camera
* Impressive battery capacity of 1650mAh which can last a long time between charges

Cons:
* Contains Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread (which is understandable since the phone was released in Feb 2012) but it's not upgradable to ICS :(
* The internal phone storage memory is only 165Mb so i tend to use apps that can be installed to SD card
* Has alot of bundled software installed which (unless you root your phone) cannot be uninstalled which is stupid considering how the internal storage memory is so small.

In response to the cons sure it sucks that i cant upgrade to ICS but Gingerbread is still a decent Android version and to combat the lack of phone storage memory i tend to use App2SD compatible apps and am careful about what apps i install to the phones storage since the space is limited. I am considering getting the phone rooted so i can remove the bundled software which would free some space in the internal memory, for example Quickoffice app alone takes up 17MB.

Having paid only £54 pounds ($82) i was not expecting much but i must say i have been pleasantly surprised. IMO this phone is an absolute bargain and must be considered for those on a tight budget or those who want a cheap 2nd phone.

Value for money 9/10

• 2013-06-04 01:28
  • 39AJ

Best phone I've ever used.

• 2013-06-03 20:02
  • fsTx

> In reply to Vivek @ 2013-02-28 15:54 from Xu4$ - click to readMine wont read my sim, would anyone have advice on how to fix this? It's in otherwisr mint condition only had it 2 months please help!?

• 2013-06-02 09:17
  • P@xJ

> In reply to Myzmix @ 2013-05-26 09:25 from uBTS - click to readYou have to hard reset the phone, search up on youtube how to do it but be aware that you will lose everything if it's not saved to memory card

• 2013-05-31 19:10
  • nxCQ

How do I set up my hotmail e-mail account, please. Nobody can figure it out. I'm on 3 network, even they can't/won't help me. Any help setting it up would be great, thanks.

• 2013-05-28 23:07
  • LaT0

How do I unlock My xt320 phone if I cant remember my email account?

• 2013-05-26 09:25
  • uBTS

> In reply to someone @ 2013-05-04 14:10 from vxJE - click to readSpecs are not false, many of smartphone manufacturers do that, because there actually is 512MB of ROM (and RAM), but they usually do not mention user-available amount which is, in this case 165MB ROM and about 422MB RAM.

• 2013-05-05 12:11
  • MNT5

> In reply to project99 @ 2013-04-23 08:02 from w9KI - click to readApsolutely, I checked with several benchmarks and system stats apps and I was switching from software renderer to hardware (adreno) in its system files after rooting, there are few code lines which contain "adreno200". That's why I'm pretty sure that this phone has Adreno 200 GPU.

• 2013-05-05 12:09
  • MNT5

A warning. Internal memory is only ,150mb(Ish) after all stock apps updated nothing else installed I had 2 mb of space free. Every App forced itself closed constantly.this thing says ROM is 512 mb.its got false specs

• 2013-05-04 14:10
  • vxJE

good cheab phone but a little laggie

• 2013-04-24 01:31
  • iyPY

> In reply to johnny301092 @ 2013-02-10 16:01 from MNT5 - click to readHey, buddy are you really sure that xt320 has gpu? because, gsmarena not include it on their specifications. but some sites do..

• 2013-04-23 08:02
  • w9KI

> In reply to Danny @ 2013-04-17 09:57 from tue9 - click to readthis is xt320 not xt 321. xt320 has only 1 sim. but xt 321 has dual sim.

• 2013-04-22 12:51
  • terF
Total of 325 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Defy Mini XT320.