Motorola Defy Mini XT321 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.3

> In reply to kuldeep kumar sharma @ 2012-09-30 10:13 from s8Eb - click to readMany XT320/XT321 owners are satisfied with their devices, only few of them are complaining heavily. I am also an owner of XT320. Suprisingly, I never had any of these problems (speed issues, phone log issues, camera issues and any other issues which those "few" users cannot stand because they are huge bussiness-mans). I admit that it is not so damn fast, but it is just like any other phone. For example, mini Xperias (Xperia Mini, Xperia Tipo, Xperia Go, etc.) have catastrophic screens, Motorola doesn't.

In fact, I don't care too much, I'm just trying to understand people who complain about phones which are not cool as iPhone and Galaxy S III...

• 2012-09-30 11:15
  • kuldeep kumar sharma
  • Rating0

> In reply to johnny301092 @ 2012-09-30 09:57 from MNT5 - click to readI think Motorola should make you "Brand Ambassador" instead of Abhishek Bachhan.

Ha Ha

• 2012-09-30 10:13
  • s8Eb

> In reply to kuldeep kumar sharma @ 2012-09-30 08:59 from sSRM - click to readVideo calls are possible if you use appropriate application or if your operator supports GSM-depended video-calls. Also, as I said few times before...If you are trying to break into Pentagon, of course it will be slow. If you are using zillion applications at the same time, even your home computer will be slow. SO STOP COMPLAINING. Nobody forced you to buy Motorola. You could also spend double or even triple amount of money to buy yourself an million core smartphone.

• 2012-09-30 09:57
  • kuldeep kumar sharma
  • Rating0

The worst phone i ever bought. MOTOROLA!! what is the sense of secondry camera if video calling is not possible? No use of flash you can't think of taking photos in the night. Poor response time. This phone runs @ speed of 0.01 m/h in the age of 100m/h. Total wastage of money.

Motorola! Shame on You. I will never take any phone of motorola whether it is free of cost.

• 2012-09-30 08:59
  • sSRM

its better in this range to other phone .

• 2012-09-28 20:40
  • uu4b

really like it...try to catch pic in swimming pool..it's really flexibal..

• 2012-09-27 07:35
  • PyWP

> In reply to shamuvil @ 2012-09-08 12:26 from s8Gn - click to readlet it remain out of stock. bundle phone

• 2012-09-21 13:16
  • sSRM

> In reply to Sndh @ 2012-09-20 14:41 from PP6S - click to readYour internet connection remains active only if you are dowloading torrents, otherwise, it turns in stand-by state. Interseting, two of my friends bought XT321 and they never had similiar problems, especially phone log speed. It must be some indutrial hardware or software, you better send it to your operator retaliler for service.

Also, you cannot expect to break into Pentagon, downloading their data base at the same time, playing a FPS game and answering a call, this is not a f* server or supercomputer with zillion cores. Relax dude, specs told you that you want be able to do that, you could open your pocket more widely and buy Galaxy Advance S or any other dual-core cell phone.

Or simply, if you are not a freak for ultraquick calculations, wait for root just like we do. And also, sign a petition for unlocking firmwares, about 2000/15000 people need to sign and root will be out.

• 2012-09-21 12:56

Continuing below post...

I only added few apps (5 Apps) and all are moved to SD Card eventhough NO USE

• 2012-09-20 14:43
  • PP6S

I recently buy Defy Mini (XT 321) and i am facing a lot of problems from day 1. The main issue with this phone is HANGING. If you want to see the call log and you want to call a person from the call log you need to wait some time to get all calls list loaded, The Multi SIM fecility is the wrost feature in this phone, when you connected to internet using SIM2 then SIM 1 is getting disabled as usual, but when you off internet still SIM 1 didnt get enabled. One more main problem is if both SIM cards are ON and Internet is not connected and you are trying to call from SIM 1 your call is dropped for every 10 seconds, you need to call again and again because of this call drops, this make your phone bill double may be triple. i called to Customer Care of motorola and they simply told me to download ACTIVE TASK KILLER i did it but still useless. Finally... this is the Wrost Phone.

DO NOT BUY A PHONE WITHOUT READING REVIEWS (I made this mistake)

• 2012-09-20 14:41
  • PP6S

> In reply to shamuvil @ 2012-09-18 11:19 from 2SF5 - click to readWhy does everybody have problems with Phonebook, Phone Logs, etc.? I have 300 contacts, I rarely delete Logs and I don't have problems with that. XD

• 2012-09-19 13:38
  • MNT5

> In reply to Venkat Mc @ 2012-09-18 03:33 from 2SMZ - click to readAfter I listened your advice (internal memory space is now about 60MB), I installed about 15 apps, games etc, and now when I play Dead Trigger (for example), sometimes, my screen turns-off and second or two later it turns back on and everything is normal.

I am having same problems with application support (browsers like Mozilla, Chrome and other fancy apps), many of them are not supported. I don't have a problem with that, I just want to install root and put stock XT320 Gingerbread (without operator's bloatware and with availability of overclock).

Low-end Motorola, but hard nut to unlock it, hahahahahaha.

• 2012-09-19 13:30
  • MNT5

Hi, Can some on help me to know how can manage call registers and contact managers, as while openeng contacts / call registers the mobie is very slow??

• 2012-09-18 11:19
  • 2SF5

he he... we are also waiting for the root, but for the past few days, some of my apps are crashing frequently, are they due to extensive game playing ?
Also is there any way to get apps like Chrome, spotify etc which now currently support only ICS+ mobiles...

• 2012-09-18 03:33
  • 2SMZ

> In reply to Venkat Mc @ 2012-09-16 12:36 from rA6r - click to readThank you for tips, but still I have a space problems, because the usefull apps (which are about 1MB big, games and huge apps are excluded because it is 99% chance that they will be moveable to SD) cannot be moved to SD. I also have 8GB µSD card and I have to troubles with its free space for apps.

You'll probably agree that we all can't wait for ROM root, because I heard that internal memory can be repartitioned on SD card and teoretically you can expand internal memory to 512MB (parallel to ROM av. space).

So, you said that phone restart after FB (and other bloatware) can potentionally free-up space? I am regulary turning-off my phone before getting into bed (we can say that I restarted it, because I turn it back on in the morning) and same space remaining.

Also (it may be revelant), I bought my phone in T-Mobile (in Croatia). Few weeks ago it came from service (I got BSOD after 2 months of using, they say that BSOD appeared because task killer ...yeah, right...), there was about 69MB of free memory (about 165MB is total available). Most of space are wasting stock apps like FB, Twitter, GoogleMaps, etc.

Useful ROOT procedure would help us all (with unlocked root you can also uninstall stock apps).
I was looking for unlock ideas and apps for 2 months, no luck, anyone found a way for unlock? Maybe you VenkatMc?

• 2012-09-16 13:46
  • MNT5

I have installed 50 3rd party apps and still have 25 mb for offline maps or others. Use the app backup feature and create install files for all the apps on your mobile so we don't have to download them again.

I use 8gb sdcard and can easily install apps from my backup on the sdcard, for instance I have the updated install file for facebook and can install and uninstall it as I wish.

33mb of internal memory is more than enough since all the photos and videos shot are directly stored in the sdcard.

• 2012-09-16 12:36
  • rA6r

Don't update system apps like facebook, maps and twitter first.... from manage apps setting, clean all the cache files more than 1mb and select uinstall updates for all the system apps excluding play store app and google voice app... Now restart your mobile, I have gained few mb during restarts after major install or uninstall.

Now install android assistant or app2sd from play store... it allows to install apps on the sdcard or we can move some apps after installing them, but not all apps are movable to sdcard.

But majority of best apps like opera and dolphin browsers, temple run, angry birds, raging thunder (all these when moved to sdcard use only less than 1mb of internal memory, otherwise which would cost nearly 30mb each) and many more apps are movable to the sdcard. Install all the 3rd party apps from play store and move them to sdcard. Restart the mobile.

Now once you have installed all your favourite 3rd party apps from play store, you would still have 30~40 mb, you can now update the google maps first, but clean all the cache files associated with the maps from manage apps setting after updating it. Don't save offline maps it uses alot of internal memory. Let's hope next maps update allows us to save offline maps in sdcard. My maps cost me around 11mb and it's version 6.11.1.

Now 25mb or less will be just enough for the facebook update. Restart & you would still have 5-10mb after this.

I don't use either the twitter or facebook apps, both consume a lot of internal memory and are not movable to the sdcard. Rather I bookmark them in my opera mobile browser and access facebook, google reader, outlook and plenary of other websites from the opera browser.

The flash support is splendid in the mobile. I use ebuddy for the chats. So my twitter and facebook apps cost around 6mb for me. I still have 25mb of free storage by denying updates for facebook & twitter and not using similar system apps. So now I have 25 mb for offline maps or others.

:D :p

• 2012-09-16 12:15
  • rA6r

The worst processor speed and the touch pad is no last longer one, just brought two months back now it's malfunctioning, OMG hardly wasted 11k:(

• 2012-09-13 12:42
  • vGVs

> In reply to Venkat Mc @ 2012-09-10 22:50 from 2SMC - click to readFront speaker is not resistant on water flow (like water from pipe), but when you toss it in a non-salt water, pick it out, you can freely answer the call and hear another person as well as before "taking a bath".

You asked for the update, as far as I know, XT320/XT321 has a locked 7 firmware which doesn't allow any software updates and even downgrades. It would be great if that change, especcialy CPU clock (which is decreased from 800MHz stock value to 600MHz because Motorola engineers are stupid)....

Question: How did you put so many apps on your Motorola? With only 165MB internal app memory, I can install only few apps (stock FB app takes unbelievable 25MB!). I have CPU Notify (22.83kB), BatteryLife (78.64kB), WidgetRAM (61.39kB), Download All Files (437.75kB), Holo Launcher (992.66kB), Advanced Task Killer (97.44kB) and Equalizer (16.39kB). With all that dowloaded apps (and gigantic updates for FB and GoogleMaps) I have around 33MB free memory for additional apps. How stupid is that!

• 2012-09-12 13:01

> In reply to Ken @ 2012-08-24 04:39 from TINu - click to readSM Southmall

• 2012-09-12 10:57
  • t7V0
Total of 176 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Defy Mini XT321.