Motorola DEFY XT XT556 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

6.7
6.6
6.6

The thing that frustrates me about the phone the most is I travel a mountain to work each day. My 39.99 previous phone did NOT lose service on the mountain but this phone does. So if my car would break down or God forbid get into an accident I would be stuck. I called and told them my concern and the response was it's the technology in the phone and nothing they could do. :(

• 2013-05-28 19:14
  • MiAL

Don't buy had 2 of them for my kids both of the charger inputs came out after 5 months

• 2013-05-21 01:07
  • 0YEb

I really like this phone, was thinking of buying it. I love all the feat. is has, but someone posted a comment about it heating up (which is the problem I have with my Samsung galaxy proclaim) if someone, anyone that has this phone could help me out, I would really love it!!!! pleaseeeee message me ----smokebuddz420@aol.com

• 2013-04-30 18:16
  • RmC3

I have an defy xt 556 phone on one occasion the phone heated up so much that you could hardly hold it in your hands. Took it back to supplier who sent it away for repair and checking. On returned it last about 1.5 hrs and it did the same thing again returned it to supplier and asked for new phone but no they are sending it back for repairs. To me this is totally unsatisfactory as I have lost faith in the phone what would happen if it heated up while sitting on paper and I was away.Ask yourself.

• 2013-04-20 23:11
  • wvW}

> In reply to samy @ 2013-04-02 03:55 from kPmw - click to readPhones are made in China, that's just how it is.

• 2013-04-12 15:23
  • x@$Q

> In reply to razz @ 2012-12-21 19:25 from uuqp - click to readthis phone is great for tex and internet but not for talking. needs a lot of improvement and is maid in china.Would not last long. this phone should be worth $50.00 the most.

• 2013-04-02 03:55
  • kPmw

i have had the phone since the end of summer 2012, over all i like the phone but there is a few things i dont like about it, the main screen that first comes up to unlock the phone has the volume in the upper right corner, if you dont pay attention you can mute the ringer, i do this often and get many missed calls " this gets my boss alittle upset" . another thind is the internal memory isnt alot, although you can save apps to an micro sd card not all apps can be saved to the card, internal memory fills up quick, over all im happy with the phone but than again this is my first ever smart phone so im still learning

• 2013-03-19 02:58
  • 4}di

> In reply to Lewy @ 2013-03-07 18:58 from 0HvX - click to readThis phone sucks i love everything about it, but i live in a rural Area and service is worse than spotty! I havent gotten more than 2 bars since i got it. Straight talk customer support is worse than any thing i have seen. i clocked in 49 minutes between waiting and not getting my answer answered:( ***buyer's beware! Stay away from straight talk **** ×_×

• 2013-03-13 17:07
  • Iqs{

I really love my defy. I had a iphone 3gs and this phone really outshines it. Seems to run smoother and faster than the 3gs did. Really loving the phone

• 2013-03-07 18:58
  • 0HvX

Hello Everyone, here's a quick review.
a lot of people have said a lot of things about this phone.some of them are true but most of them are not.

The battery life, the most important thing, is very decent.I was able to get more than a day and a half after listening to music for about 3 hrs, playing games for about an hour, using network data and also connecting to wifi for quite a long time.

its water resistant but after you drop it in water, you will have to take the back cover off and wipe off any drops of water (if u find any).the speaker will sound bad after you drop it into water but it will be okay soon.

Screen has very good resolution, you will notice that when you are playing games.I have used a razr XT910 earlier but even then, I do not have anything to complain about Defy's display.

The hardware; it has got something close to 400 mb that's user available.that's not very good but it is very sufficient if you don't install a lot of games.also, Installing app2sd will help you save memory.
the processor, 1gHz is very good.a lot of people have complained that it lags but I've been using this one since 4 months and I didn't face any problems.I even have some good games which I can play without any problems.

The camera is not very good compared it its rivals but then, its Good enough for day time usage and the front camera is good as well.there is not physical camera button so you may not find it very convenient.

Overall, A good phone and if you think you are getting a good bargain, Do not hesitate.

Hope I was helpful.
Thanks

• 2013-02-14 18:25
  • KSeH

I was very excited to see a new Defy on the market..THIS PHONE IS HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.. the camera is worthless, memory is weak.. i understand that its a cheap phone, but it at least should be an improvement to the 2011/12 model

• 2013-01-14 21:14
  • SmcK

> In reply to Many @ 2012-11-22 04:32 from PFqa - click to readyeah you can use skype ,g talk and lot of applications on defy xt

• 2013-01-02 10:13
  • KAwC

> In reply to arj04 @ 2012-11-26 16:37 from 7txW - click to readi don know about this phone much,, all i know is that it is a CDMA phone and DEFY+ is GSM .. this is why i believe defy+ sells in more numbers.. pls compare to other phones before buying.. but i can surely say defy+ is good buy.. only shotcming is no ICS update..

• 2012-12-21 19:25
  • uuqp

Hey friends please suggest me, should I go for Defy XT or Defy +??? coz in India I am getting both of them at nearly same price. I m confused coz Defy XT has better ratings on GSMArena but Defy + is out of stock everywhere (it is more in demand)..any suggestions r welcome..Thanks in advance

• 2012-11-26 16:37
  • 7txW

I want to buy this phone because can protect from water and enough sreen for me 3. 7'' but i want from the user this phone . Can we use skype and video call buy this phone ? For camera and version i don't mind . Please some one do me fever a bout skype of this mobile.

• 2012-11-22 04:32
  • PFqa

It may be a good phone but i don't like it becoz of it's responsive lag.lot of times frogen competely while browsing on dolphin browser.bad usability,touch,bad quality sound o/p,less volume.it has good backup,resolution,rest all not as expected.

Bought for 16.3K in reliance digital india,no ICS,not worth.

• 2012-11-13 20:14
  • utH2

i want to know about the battery ´cause my battery is fatty and i don´t know why...can i change it?

• 2012-11-03 18:16
  • 9FHf

Guys plz tell about its battery back up???

• 2012-10-31 14:48
  • t1$A

You can get a Neo L, it is way better and has ICS.

• 2012-10-27 16:02
  • TRGd

> In reply to Gary @ 2012-09-19 20:13 from fw7D - click to readI strictly agree with you., :) ;)

• 2012-10-15 11:33
  • uup9
Total of 85 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DEFY XT XT556.