Motorola DROID 4 XT894 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.2

> In reply to Istvan @ 2014-10-08 19:51 from IaRH - click to readdon't worry it works 100%.

• 2014-10-21 01:33
  • T4x{

alright go Romania!!!!!

• 2014-10-12 23:29
  • 4K2g

> In reply to mo0n_sniper @ 2014-10-06 18:21 from nD{V - click to readHi, where have I to buy this phone, to be fully compatible with GSM Romania? I just heard a some situations that people took this phone from ebay, and it couldn't run with Orange Romania GSM because of this Verizon thing...Can anyone help me?

• 2014-10-08 19:51
  • IaRH

I also got this phone and works in Romania 3g+.
Best keyboard phone ever.

• 2014-10-06 18:21
  • nD{V

> In reply to ferd111 @ 2014-09-21 14:46 from PA7K - click to readyes and yes. I use Droid4 in Romania

• 2014-09-25 18:56
  • 3ci1

this phone can be use gsm and data work outside usa :)

• 2014-09-21 14:46
  • PA7K

This is a fantastic phone. It does everything I need it to do to run my business while I am traveling or at the office. I stay in touch with my emails, and text messages, as well as my Linkedin Network, and Facebook friends.

I especially like the slide out keypad. It makes it much easier for texting, and answering emails as well as searching the web.

I am considering switching providers, but have not done so yet waiting to see if I can unlock the phone. I like the phone enough that if I can't unlock it to switch carriers, I will probably stay put rather than switch to another phone.

• 2014-09-02 18:46
  • 4jyB

I want a new phone.

Now I own Nokia N900 - old, without new aplications etc ... Is this phone good for replace it?

How it is with battery (on internet, or is possible to replace it)? Where you bought it, I'm from Europe - ebay?

• 2014-08-27 11:39
  • Ss%A

Live in Ontario -- stock JB works fine with full service and everything on Virgin mobile. Recently upgraded to CM11, also works fine, but you NEED to install the Verizon CDMA Patch (just google that, you'll find Internauta37's patch on his blog)

• 2014-07-28 09:11
  • k9qu

> In reply to dani @ 2013-10-15 12:22 from 9DHq - click to readis this a smartphone

• 2014-07-14 14:52
  • frje

> In reply to Paudam @ 2014-07-02 21:13 from xJHe - click to readYes it does.

• 2014-07-14 14:02
  • pJkP

> In reply to Brown @ 2014-06-25 14:20 from MjqU - click to readDo have any issue with it? also which guide do you follow to use CM11? Need upgrade 2.3 to 4.1 to 4.4 or just direct 2.3 to 4.4?

• 2014-07-08 10:48
  • HjBG

> In reply to Paudam @ 2014-07-02 21:13 from xJHe - click to readIt is known to work in Germany with CyanogenMod 11. Maybe it also works with the stock ROM, but I am not sure.

• 2014-07-07 23:03
  • mB7x

has anyone here got this Droid 4 outside the US working under GSM and DATA?

• 2014-07-02 21:13
  • xJHe

I have this puppy and it is very good.
Running 4.4.3 android with CM11... :)

• 2014-06-25 14:20
  • MjqU

Since March 2013 Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) oficial update is available for all Droid 4 users:

• 2014-06-12 04:17
  • 8MhS

i love this phone

• 2014-06-01 05:45
  • UD{0
  • F

first off all id like to say i did not write this in order bash or hate on motorola just thought id give some people a heads up about the droid 4. This phone phone about 2 years old, I love Motorola, but even I have to point out the specs are poor and outdated,the battery is acually worse than the droid razr which I didn't beleave was possible,there is not enough ram it says 1gb of ram but you only really get about 850mb left the rest used by the system, the OMAP processor does not help out this phone at all,it heats up,they really should of gone with a tegra,or snapdragon...or something thatas not an OMAP plus there aren't that many developers left that support it so cyanogonmod and other roms seems to be its last hope if you want to be up to date on android for like maybe one or two more versions with this phone,and ps its not going to get android 4.4 kitkat upate from motorola or verizon and will remain on 4.1.2 if you dicide to stick to the stock software. if not then thats were custom roms come in,i will however say that the keyboard is really good,its as good as it gets when it come to qwerty keyboards on phones,and the desighn of the phone is also good as well, in fact most of motorolas phones are really good quality, i have the droid razr, razr hd, (main phone) even there failed droid xyboard tablet,and i wrote this entire comment...using a droid 4 so im not just randomly hating on this phone, basically what i want to say is that if your planing on getting this phone as your main phone, and you know your gonna be stuck with it for a while,i urge you to reconsider looking for a different phone,unless you dont use your phone at all or just arent convinced or better yet into a more recent model from motorola, such as the moto x,or the moto g, or soon to be moto e, or you can just go to there website. if your still not convinced,are your still getting this phone, good luck, and heres just a list of things to google that will make it somewhat usable:
what is root ?
droid 4 root
xposed installer
webtop (the reasone i got the phone in the first place)
xda developers (if you need help with anything android or linux)
reohstate ram expander

• 2014-05-07 06:22
  • sH6D

I don't know where you live, but I can use it in Europe without unlocking.

You need to have android ICS above, someone said.
There are lots of site how to upgrade android os if necessary.

• 2014-04-10 11:26
  • mqyp

hi does anyone know how to Unlock this handset to network?

• 2014-02-25 01:42
  • 9LHT
Total of 227 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID 4 XT894.