Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 - user opinions and reviews

1122010

7.4
7.3
7.4

It is not a GSM device at all, Do not brick your device.

• 2013-04-27 16:24
  • gyha

> In reply to sam @ 2013-02-15 01:26 from t1$E - click to readI have HW B and i live in Kosovo how is it possible to make it work on my GSM here?

• 2013-04-14 21:07
  • gC7m

> In reply to sam @ 2013-02-15 01:26 from t1$E - click to readSam can i have your email or contact details i have a HW-A version of Droid Bionic. Can you help me make it run on GSM in India.

• 2013-04-09 20:39
  • uuRh

> In reply to rheeanz @ 2013-02-03 08:05 from KiWf - click to read
Can u tell me which revision is yours? HW - A, B or C just so i can confirm and also let me know if you have done anything else other than flashing tbh file for unlocking gsm.

• 2013-02-15 01:26
  • t1$E

Hi Guys, People who want bionic on gsm, be careful. First of all there are revisions for this phone and you can find which one is yours by looking under the battery. There are 3 versions HW-A, HW-B and HW-C. If you are the ones with HW- A then you are lucky because you can flash the tbh band unlock config file via bootstrap recovery to unlock your phone for gsm in all countries but if your phone is of HW B or C revisions and if you flash tbh file then the only band that it unlocks is the USA band so you will not be able to use it on european or indian gsm networks which operate on 900/1800 bands. So it simply wont work. My phone has HW-C and i am from india and i have tried all tricks from xda but still not able to pick up a gsm signal but the phone is working fine with reliance ruim for calls and texts. So thats about it.

• 2013-02-15 01:23
  • t1$E

Its can be unlock so the gsm chip work on bionic. No matter run in gb or ics.its a great phone anyway.what's we could do on this phone is much more than the specs tech written above. Just go on xda than unlock it, gsm or cdma is your choice.I used this phone in Indonesia both runs smoothly in cdma or gsm. This phone is a treasure. So many unvilled features in it n we have to discover by Our own. In it's also runs in cdma rev b.

• 2013-02-03 08:05
  • KiWf

> In reply to Ruiman @ 2012-07-12 05:59 from KiTy - click to readhow can i get a ruim card

• 2013-01-17 12:33
  • njVw

experiencing the bionic has its trials for a hacker
originally purchased for its powerful features such as being able to play the media thats out there but cant understand the processes the industrie has attached to its functioning i mean your in contract or your not and the phone is difficult to work with if you want to move to a different carrier needs a site that can distribute a global unlocked firmware without sacraficing commitments the software goes against the realestate its set up to do regarding changing carrier settings in order to maintain order for its contractual obligations unreligousely a problem for someone trying to keep a rolodex

right jerry a hundred dollars is a 10 year appliance

• 2013-01-09 19:06
  • qpyI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-01 18:42 from FMY8 - click to readGet Motorola Atrix 2.

• 2013-01-04 14:21
  • 2F6Q

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-28 04:19 from 4QRA - click to readFirst of all, you need to be smarter than the phone you're using. These Bionics are bad ass phones & now on ICS 4.0.4 the phone really has taken an upswing. I don't have any issues & I've dropped mine numerous times. Using the extended battery, I can get 1.5 to 2 days of regular use without charging. NFL Mobile, Hotspot tethering, MMS all work flawlessly. Do some reading about how to use your Bionic instead of jumping to the "next great phone" which you will have no idea how to use anyway. The dual core processor on this phone can be overclocked to 1.3 GHz without any heat issues. This is one badass phone!

• 2012-12-24 17:30
  • qJ{6

uhmmm....doesn't work in the philippines---its not gsm

• 2012-12-02 10:11
  • PSvw

do technicians unlock this kind of phone in the philippines?

• 2012-12-01 18:42
  • FMY8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-04 18:10 from Y7jU - click to readI agree. Since the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 update, it's a brand new phone again. I wish websites would do new updated reviews on the Bionic and other phones when they go through a major change like this. Gingerbread to ICS is major. And we are in lines to get the Jelly Bean software update beginning of next year. Another major boost for this phone. I am still happy that I purchased the Bionic on day one. Also any review dated before the update, October 18, 2012 is pretty much null and void, since the phone is totally different now and faster.

• 2012-11-13 20:51
  • Itka

This phone was a piece of crap in the beginning but now that all the bugs are worked out, and it's rooted and rommed and running 4.0.4, this thing is a beast!!!!! Anyone who complains about this device needs to understand the concept of being smarter then the device they are working with haha! Only thing I would upgrade to now is the next monster Moto/Google phone or that HTC Droid DNA!

• 2012-11-04 18:10
  • Y7jU

This phone is awful. I've had problems with it and the signal drops a lot. Recent update changed it so much that i am learning how to use it again. Ridiculous. Texts are sent to the wrong people at times. This phone sucks. I've had it 10 months and can't wait to get rid of out. Awful...very disappointed. Swype is the only good feature.

• 2012-10-30 03:28
  • 4Jjb

I've had my DROID Bionic for less than a year, and it is, by far, the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. Camera sucks even though its supposed to be amazing, I lose complete connectivity for no reason and I have to reset. The screen sucks, as a matter of fact, I SHATTERED mine. Lots of stupid little issues happen daily. The battery sucks, and from day one, at random my speaker will sound like its under water even though its never even gotten wet. I recently ran the latest system update hoping it would fix at least some of the minor problems, not only did it fix nothing, it changed EVERYTHING to the point I almost didn't know how to use my phone and it ADDED more "bloatwear" than it was already filled with from the get go. I hate this God forsaken thing and I'm getting rid of it asap. Why bother dealing with Verizon when they're only going to send me a refurbished one that still doesn't work anyway?

• 2012-10-28 04:19
  • 4QRA

Had my Bionic for almost 8 months. Running ICS 4.0.4 and LOVE this phone. Fast, reliable. It is what an Android device is supposed to be. I haven't been able to make it crash and trust me, I TRY LOL...Usually a phone is outdated within a year, but spec wise and performance wise, it seems like most other hardware is just catching up (Flagships excluded)

• 2012-10-22 21:25
  • AH}}

I LOVE THIS PHONE, I've had it for over a year now and the only problem was that the screen power (top left) button quit working... took it to Verizon, let them check it out an they sent me a new one FREE. But yeah it is an amazing phone

• 2012-09-19 08:43
  • 4J7a

> In reply to pepemalin @ 2011-10-07 14:59 from Mbrj - click to readWow, everybody complaining about the Bionic... let me tell you something, I've had my phone for 10 months... it is a pre owned certified phone..... I've never had 1 single problem with any facet of this phone what so ever, and I mean not 1nce.! And friends of mine who have phones which R suppose too have faster processors, are all slower than my phone, my phone does everything faster than all of my friends phones that are all top tier phones.... now with all these complaints, I have a sneaking suspicion that my phone works well only because it was pre owned certified, and they probably fixed all the problems it might of had..... never turned off for no reason, never dropped a call, never had anything wrong with online, I mean nothing wrong... I think it might be where you have purchased it, and if it was pre owned or not!

• 2012-09-07 18:08
  • 4@D3

Love my Bionic.. Using it with a Jelly Bean theme.. Hope they would release the updates sooner, coz I'm still on GB and cant wait to get JB http://www.motoask.com/lounge-...l-t5757.html

• 2012-08-21 15:53
  • X}tM
Total of 296 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875.