Motorola DROID Maxx - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.5

The phone should be amazing, I was just about to pre-order it and realized there is no MicroSD slot. That is a deal breaker for me. I currently have 96 Gb's of storage on my RAZR MAXX HD and anything less is a step backwards. I have about 20Gb's free between internal and my 64Gb MicroSD card. I am a little disappointed that the stuck with the same screen resolution and only went 10MP for the camera. I would have lived without the higher pixel density but I don't think I can live without the MicroSD slot...

• 2013-07-25 22:13
  • YcCC

Motorola makes such great phones with nice specs , amazing battery capacity ,with great build quality and manages to make it thin at the same time .Way to go Moto.

• 2013-07-25 18:41
  • fvG7

> In reply to Jay @ 2013-07-25 14:43 from t@eX - click to readBecause FM radio has been killed many places. It's DAB or other now. Anyways, if you want FM, just geat a headset with a FM receiver for your phone :)

• 2013-07-25 15:38
  • 5i4e

FM radio is like a close friend! Why not including it???

• 2013-07-25 14:43
  • t@eX

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2013-07-23 22:20 from 0UuE - click to readwhy everybody need radio....its not important....motorola is the best....

• 2013-07-25 14:00
  • tueA

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2013-07-23 22:20 from 0UuE - click to readBecause Google hates each and everyone one of you and thinks rubbish streaming radio is the future. Also, the carriers, and especially Verizon, hate anything free such as free radio, so they order Moto to make the phone without the FM chip. To hell with all of them.

• 2013-07-25 11:59
  • Dnh5

Hi peeps!

I made up my mind..I will buy two of this device...get out to the market and flip!...I buy you.

• 2013-07-25 05:57
  • rr9m
  • F

is it has wireless charging?

• 2013-07-24 20:30
  • 0V%p

this phone MUST have RGB notification LED. We love LED diodes on phones.

• 2013-07-24 19:15
  • YewX

processor is motorols custom, you gsm people every time info about motorola, you people always with samsumg

• 2013-07-24 15:34
  • 7tPx

48hrs of talktime???? really???? o.O

• 2013-07-24 14:55
  • vbME

> In reply to Pat @ 2013-07-24 04:43 from sRjx - click to readHahaha! Talk about being clueless.

• 2013-07-24 12:43
  • 5i4e

> In reply to deewinc @ 2013-07-24 12:32 from rvXa - click to readSomething is wrogn with your PC's USB port if it kills your phones battery.

Besides, connecting it to the computer for anything other than slow charging isn't necessary anymore.

File transfer went wireless long time ago :)

• 2013-07-24 12:35
  • 5i4e

NO SDCARD slot...sort of turns me away. It is a minor thing but connecting your phone to the p.c everytime kills the battery. Somehow USB kills a battery.
I prefer using a card reader instead.

• 2013-07-24 12:32
  • rvXa

I prefer using a card reader instead.

• 2013-07-24 12:30
  • rvXa

what about the expected price of the phone???

• 2013-07-24 12:18
  • vGey

Will Motorola release an unlocked GSM version of Droid Maxx just like RAZR Maxx?

• 2013-07-24 11:27
  • PxkK

Motorola I see base on building a high capacity battery nowadays, good for them, samsung killer

• 2013-07-24 09:15
  • N9@S

Taylor Wimberly posted the specs for Motorola’s X8 system on a chip. The Mobile Computing System will power Verizon Wireless’ new Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini handsets. According to Verizon, it promises to deliver a “24 percent faster CPU, 100 percent faster GPU [and] twice the RAM.” You can browse the details below and hang on tight for those first benchmarks to trickle out.

“A mobile computing system powers the new Motorola devices, as opposed to a standard application processor chip found in every smartphone. This involves eight tightly integrated processors, special algorithms, and sensors. No one except Motorola could create this system. The result is a consumer experience like no other. Below is what it entails and see the next section for what it enables:

• Four powerful graphics processors each running at 400 MHz delivering 3.2 million pixel fill rate,16 shader units, 512kb dedicated cached memory and running the Egypt performance benchmark at a blazing 155 frames per second (FPS). Fully compliant with Android Project Butter.
• Two ultra fast application processors each running at 1.7 GHz, 28nm low-­power technology, high?speed dual-­channel DDR RAM running at 533 MHz.
• One local natural language processor (L?NLP). Motorola proprietary low?power specialized processor with audio sensors, noise estimators, noise cancellation, and speech recognition technology to enable always-on voice based user interaction without sacrificing battery life.
• One contextual computing processor (CCP). Motorola proprietary low-power specialized processor that computes contextual data from sensors enabling intelligent mobile computing and always-on display mode.

Our main chipset has two CPUs and quad GPUs. We have added two additional low­?power processors (Contextual Processor, Natural Language Processor) in our system design. So we are not saying we have an octa-­core chip, but we have an octa-­core Mobile Computing System. Silicon vendors only like to talk about dual versus quad core main CPUs because that is how they are priced. We have to brand and market our system as opposed to a chip.

Our approach is completely different. We have built a custom system around the application processor. For example, the new Motorola devices do not use the battery hungry application processor to do always on audio or display. We have custom designed our system to deliver great experiences without killing the battery. We have built the first tr

• 2013-07-24 08:42
  • f04Z

great battery life..........

• 2013-07-24 07:10
  • ttcI
Total of 113 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID Maxx.