Motorola DROID Maxx - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.9

> In reply to Riggsy @ 2013-11-08 04:07 from ImfU - click to readI think Droid Maxx has a better battery and a better build quality as well.

• 2013-11-09 14:29
  • uNVC

I'm comparing this to the LG G2, I loved the battery on that. Why don't you test this and compare?

• 2013-11-08 04:07
  • ImfU

Hi, when will be test battery ?!.. tnx

• 2013-10-30 09:44
  • ssBD

> In reply to Feed up @ 2013-10-24 06:28 from vjrE - click to readI agree with you. If this had a card slot it would have been the best phone on earth..

• 2013-10-25 12:07
  • uNVC

I don't understand why a Phone Maker like Motorola never learned their mistakes by launching HP without memory card slot. It's like in the 70's, cars without Aircon. The present market consumers will never buy a shit phone like this. Pls look at Samsung, every of their hpones are with Card Slots. Learn from the Market Leader. They deserve to be No.1 Give what the consumers want and not produce what you like. It's a waste of your resources. Obviously Motorola marketing bunch of people are not working hard enough and ignorant.

• 2013-10-24 06:28
  • vjrE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-18 14:24 from AIAy - click to readBut I saw some factory unlocked ones for sell in Ebay & Amazon.

• 2013-10-22 17:19
  • PxkK

I hate this phone...! they made awesome phone but not available in Asia...wtf...!!!

• 2013-10-21 10:46
  • Kix4

> In reply to koldmeat @ 2013-08-11 17:24 from PxkK - click to readThere is no evidence online for an unlocked version, though unlocking it is not impossible. 3G will work everywhere when unlocked and if you want further customization, the Droid Maxx Developer Edition is available from the Motorola website. It would be better to have experience in Android development, because its development base is still very small.

• 2013-10-18 14:24
  • AIAy

Aren't we going to see n how this muscle weighs out with other phones with regard to battery? Kindly test the battery of this device and weigh it aganist Razr Maxx HD , Note 3 and the LG G2.

• 2013-10-15 18:40
  • Sbcq

I'm sure that it's best choice for every body.for many reason like body,battery,camera.And if you buy it you own it for a long time.n1 motorola

• 2013-10-12 01:29
  • 63gB

My first Motorola since the V3xx. I love it and it is a fantastic phone. And it looks great too!

• 2013-10-10 22:30
  • I4p2

what does it mean splash resistant? splash by tap water or sweat? it makes a very big different

• 2013-10-10 05:04
  • Xw%d

Hopefully GSMArena will do the battery test soon... I'm waiting to see how it compares to the LG G2 and the other phones in its class.

I need to upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus, which was the absolute worst in the web browsing test.

• 2013-10-08 23:21
  • MiVa

> In reply to Mark E. Long @ 2013-10-06 14:24 from I4@Z - click to readI 100% agree with you. I'm using RAZR Maxx and Galaxy S3. In every way Motorola is way way better than Samsung.

• 2013-10-08 17:19
  • tE6b

I own both the Maxx and the X Phone. Love everything about both of those but due to its industry leading battery life and slightly bigger display, I prefer the Maxx. I buy only flagships and had the S4, Note 2 and HTC One prior to these Motorolas and can say that in all honesty I very much prefer the Motos over the other 3 I mentioned. They really really make the S4 seem like an inferior product.

• 2013-10-06 14:24
  • I4@Z

Nice user review man!

• 2013-09-19 13:32
  • Nvj%

Where is the Battery Test???

• 2013-09-11 03:43
  • YgVS

As compare to specs the price is very much high...
hello moto what are you doing...

• 2013-09-07 08:55
  • fCxY

Had the phone for almost a week now.

Motorola has designed a phone that sets out to be a great phone with interesting features without resorting to just increasing specs beyond any noticeable user impact.

The phone only has 2 general purpose CPUs, but there are very very few apps that use more than 2 cores anyways. It also has 4 GPU cores which are probably more important for overall system responsiveness and game performance.

The phones unique features are really awesome. The always-listening hands free feature works very well. The ability to use voice commands at any time actually has me using google now multiple times a day.

The active display for notifications is also really cool. The phone wakes up any time you pick it up or take it out of your pocket to display notifications or give you the option to unlock the phone.

You would think that either of these features would be a battery killer, but Motorola has included 2 more processors that do nothing but manage these functions and they are very very power efficient. They essentially no impact on battery life at all.

The Droid Maxx has a very large battery build in and can probably go for 2 days of normal usage. Even with this larger battery, the phone is very thin and comfortable to carry. It's so thin, in fact, I really don't see why they even bothered with the non-Maxx Ultra version as they are almost exactly the same size.

There are some people who will pass on this phone because it's only has 2 cores, only does 720p, doesn't have SD slot, and doesn't have a replaceable battery. You are welcome to your preference and there are other phones on the market that will meet your needs. Personally, I don't really care how many cores my phone has as long as it runs smoothly and doesn't lag and I can run all the apps I want. I never looked at a 5" 720p screen and thought it needed more detail. 32GB is enough local for my needs and Verizon has a good enough network that I can stream most of the rest of my content. And the non battery is a trade off for 'big battery capacity and lighter weight in a smaller phone' vs. user replaceable battery.

Your preferences may differ, but I am really happy with my purchase.

• 2013-09-05 22:01
  • bhI{

I was trying to choose between this droid maxx or the older version droid razr maxx hd and i agree that its very disappointing that a top of the line cell from motorola DOES NOT HAVE A CARD SLOT!!! the major difference between this and the droid razr maxx hd is that it has a longer battery life which is an amazing plus, it has a dual processor, and it had a slightly later version of the android but definitely made my decision, its gna be the droid razr maxx hd. What was the deal breaker?? well the card slot.

• 2013-09-05 02:26
  • LJm4
Total of 187 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID Maxx.