Motorola DROID Mini - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6
7.8
7.8

Well,I'm from Cuba,and i would like to say that it is a wonderful phone,it has a fantastic price,fantastic resolution,it is fast,so i recommend you to buy it,BYE

• 2015-05-22 23:57
  • 9yaT

> In reply to ailia @ 2015-04-11 14:26 from PAm7 - click to readNo

• 2015-05-19 23:46
  • 4J06

I live in western Raleigh, NC. I use a Nexus 5 with AT&T. A few years ago I used a Droid Mini on Verizon (XT1030 http://www.gsmarena.com/motoro...ni-5603.php) I quit Verizon, and tried my Droid Mini on AT&T. Couldnt get the data to work on the Droid Mini with AT&T, so I bought the Nexus 5. A few days ago I figured I would try the Droid Mini again on AT&T, just to see what would happen... I ran down to the AT&T store near my home and asked for a nano sim-card, which AT&T happily gave me for free. I put the AT&T nano-sim card into the Verizon Droid Mini, and guess what? Not only did the voice calling work, the data also worked. When I tried this a few years ago, the data refused to work. At my home, my Verizon Droid Mini is giving me H++ speeds on the AT&T network. In certain parts of Raleigh, with my Verizon Droid Mini, I am getting full-blown 4G LTE signal on the AT&T network, with 4G LTE speeds. I tested the speeds of my Verizon Droid Mini on the AT&T network when I received LTE, and yep, I was getting between 20-35 mbps. The Verizon Droid Mini is meant to be a CDMA phone. Obviously it can pick up GSM signals, but what I want to know is, how can the Verizon Droid Mini get a 4G LTE signal from AT&T?

• 2015-05-15 22:54
  • ICd6

> In reply to ailia @ 2015-04-11 14:26 from PAm7 - click to readThere is no microSD card slot. The storage is not expandable.

• 2015-04-28 06:29
  • YcKG

> In reply to Prelim @ 2015-02-06 21:11 from s0Y2 - click to readgo to eBay and buy it from USA, they are not that expensive at all now.

• 2015-04-21 22:25
  • nFY1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-08 00:42 from IrbY - click to readReally? I've only had mine for a bit but it's used and the battery lasts way longer than my last phone (Galaxy S-III) but that phone only had a 2100mAh battery. However the galaxy is a larger phone sucking up more resources. This phone's CPU really doesn't require nearly as much juice as most, and the phone is able to make up on speed by having 3GB of ram. A small phone like this really doesn't need a large battery and by keeping it smaller the phone can be smaller overall and keeps the phone cooler thus allowing more efficient CPU use which then uses less battery.

tl;dr The battery is only 2000mAh but that seems to be plenty enough juice for this phone. The size and hardware of a phone are directly linked to how much battery juice is used.

• 2015-04-12 09:07
  • 7FHa

is there memory card slot in this fon plz tel me somebody i gona buy it. Thnxx

• 2015-04-11 14:26
  • PAm7

> In reply to Prelim @ 2015-02-06 21:11 from s0Y2 - click to readIn our country its price 270$
if you say i will purchase it for you and send it to you have to just pay me that amount

• 2015-04-10 11:26
  • KIq$

painful battery life, 2000mh battery is just not enough. My gf has the MaXX which is very similar but the battery is 3500mh and it seems to last forever!

• 2015-04-08 00:42
  • IrbY

Anyone up to 5.0????

• 2015-04-05 21:09
  • KS9N

It's awesome! I bought it as it has the same CPU and GPU but twice as much more memory comparing to Sony Xperia SP. But it works so smooth! It's just unbelievable. I really like it's design too - compact, perfectly fits into my pocket.

• 2015-04-05 00:05
  • 8jhN

It's anybody how had take lollipop update?

• 2015-03-26 11:06
  • gCwC

> In reply to Filip @ 2015-03-02 08:51 from 0BtA - click to readYes as per Motorola the phone is up for 5.0 :-)

• 2015-03-16 10:40
  • wuck

absolutely fantastic phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2015-03-09 10:27
  • uu2e

If I wanted a small underpowered phone with no SD slot I would buy an iPhone.

• 2015-03-06 01:22
  • j9uU

What about lollipop guys. Do you know something?

• 2015-03-02 08:51
  • 0BtA

> In reply to CJ @ 2014-12-30 20:20 from 6tDa - click to readVery good reply and I would agree with everything. It's very hard to beat the size of the Mini though. I really like the screen on the Mini instead of the 912 or even the 926 removing the YELLOWISH AND allowing a perfect white screen. It would be hard to choose, they both are fantastic. That's why I have both. But now i use only the turbo. Best smartphone made. Unless of course you use iPhone and have been trying to convince yourself you have the best. Apple users are very loyal customers even when facts are presented to them. Oh well.

• 2015-02-16 08:53
  • jZ3}

this has USB OTG host. i just read a flash drive and used a keyboard with a normal cheapo OTG cable

• 2015-02-09 22:39
  • 7G8@
  • F

Hi guys, I'm based in Ghana and want to know where to buy pls

• 2015-02-09 01:22
  • fuvF

Hi guys,

I'm based in Portugal and want to know where to buy the phone in Europe (can't find it for sale in Portugal :( ). Can I buy any DROID mini or is it have a specific model (GSM?) for europe countries?

• 2015-02-06 21:11
  • s0Y2
Total of 189 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID Mini.