Motorola DROID Mini - user opinions and reviews

361950

7.3
7.4
7.4

I purchased a new Droid Mini about 2 weeks ago from a small cell phone dealer in my local mall. The dealer had unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini's as well so I was able to compare the two side by side.

I'm quite impressed with the Droid Mini's performance and value. The Mini is a Verizon exclusive but comes factory unlocked so you can use your GSM carrier's Nano SIM card in it. I currently use NET10 with the Mini and have not had a single problem with services such as call, text, MMS, and data.

The Mini uses the same internals as the larger Droid cousin, the Droid Ultra. The quad core GPU is amazing and will play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas with ease using the recommended settings the game comes with right from the Play Store. The 1.7GHZ dual-core CPU and 2GB of RAM also lend a major hand to its great preformance. The Mini comes with 16GB ROM and out of the box, I believe I had 11GB available to use. The Mini has no SD card slot so you are stuck with the device's internal memory. The Mini has since been upgraded to KitKat 4.4 so you'll have the latest Android OS.

The Mini uses the Kevlar build like the Droid Ultra but for some odd reason it's covered in a slippery black transparent plastic casing which gives me chills to think about the phone slipping from ones hand. The back of the phone is a smudge magnet as well so you'd better get a case. The screen uses Gorilla Glass which is edge to edge. The display is clear and bright.

The volume rocker comes out to insert your Nano SIM card. This part of the phone is the only true "cheap" feeling part about it.

The 10 Megapixel camera is magnificent to say the least. I'm used to the lower end Samsung Galaxy phones like the Exhibit, S2, and others which use a 5-8MP camera. The Mini can also shoot 1080P video which looks well. I believe it'll shoot at 30FPS.

Overall, I really enjoy this phone. It's quick, well built, and can multitask with the best of them. I highly recommend anyone interested to check them out.

• 2014-04-15 19:43
  • j480

GSMArena, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Review this phoneeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks an awesome phone, not sure to decide for this one, Z1 compact or SG S4 Mini!!!!

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

• 2014-04-14 22:59
  • M7YI

No Camera ???????

• 2014-03-27 16:16
  • uvNn

> In reply to naveeeeeeen @ 2014-03-15 17:20 from uW{{ - click to readThe motorola droid mini it's very goooooooooooood

• 2014-03-27 12:56
  • Nk%r

> In reply to Droidfan29 @ 2014-02-19 00:26 from xeFi - click to readBro, how about camera clarity, in the night time and which taken without sunlight??

• 2014-03-26 19:08
  • vIpP

may i have this and like such the one and only moto in pakistan or saudi arabia

• 2014-03-15 17:20
  • uW{{

I've had this phone since 8/2013 and I am very impressed and absolutely love it. Very fast and responsive, great size, OK Google Now voice responsiveness, etc. Calls are very clear on both receiving and sending. The camera is GREAT! Battery life has been inconsistent, though it's been much better since I put both Gmail and Exchange accounts onto one third party email app. Biggest criticism is I wish it had an SD card slot. I hope Motorola continues with frequent OS updates. It's a hidden gem of a phone that others may overlook due to not being a big name like Apple or Samsung.

• 2014-02-19 00:26
  • xeFi

It comes in white too! Just bought one today.

• 2014-02-01 04:55
  • i}Re

Motorola build so many great phone for verizon, unfortunately not for worlwide while many of their line up (verizon) actualy potentially killer for Korean & taiwan makers.

• 2014-01-18 08:02
  • XMF9

looks nice, very modern. specs are great for 4,3 inches. 2GB ram. Adreno 320. Marvelous....

• 2014-01-17 02:57
  • nHFI

Also comes in white!

• 2014-01-09 03:12
  • 49Kd

It is good & nice but is it in uganda coz i want to get one.

• 2014-01-06 10:49
  • NHHF

No likely.

Going to get my Samsung note Back!!

• 2014-01-01 02:02
  • 4J3a

So far a really like the phone. I hate really big phones. I was trying out the S4 mini and the Droid mini in the Verizon store and went with this one. Specs overall better than the S4. Only thing I really didn't like was I don't have an micro SD card slot. I didn't care for the radio feature missing, because I use my Songza or Rdio. And I can use ChromeCast in place of the device lacking an hdmi port.

• 2013-12-27 01:25
  • kfXZ

Good looking phone on images.
but,
No card slot
No MHL or HDMI
No USB on the go
No FM radio (I know it is moto )

So even it is available in our country, I will not purchase it

• 2013-12-17 06:52
  • KFM3

How this fantastic phone has no FM radio?

• 2013-12-11 02:23
  • SYvT

please bring to uk!!!!

• 2013-12-10 17:26
  • NL9H
  • F

MOTOROLA BRING THIS PHONE TO UK.

There's a gap in the market for a phone with a smaller screen, small dimensions and top specs!

• 2013-12-07 19:53
  • pJXm

gsmarena plz review this phone asap

• 2013-12-04 11:57
  • 7um0

how iwis ican get one....ilove dis......but in Kenya we cant get dem....

• 2013-12-03 14:36
  • Nu79
Total of 119 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID Mini.