Motorola DROID RAZR M - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.0
6.9
7.0

An absolutely spectacular phone! I was due for an upgrade and I tried the Razr Maxx and, in a word, it was crap. Slow, weak camera, and tons of quirks (e.g. in exiting out of an app and going back to your home screen, it wasn't uncommon for there to be a 5 second delay before all your home screen icons reappeared). The only redeeming value of the Razr Maxx was the battery life. Other than that, the camera was far from ready for prime time.

The Razr M, on the other hand, is brilliant in every way. Light, super fast, excellent battery life that is almost equiv. to the Razr Maxx (even though the battery is rated at 2200 mAH vs. the Maxx with 3300 mAH), fantastic still and video camera, and, last but not least, it comes loaded with the Jelly Bean OS which runs circles around ICS. Overall, VERY highly recommended.

• 2013-04-08 08:49
  • qLvb

Very good phone. Overall very fast & responsive. The battery life's actually as advertised...it takes most of the day to fully discharge. Good images from camera & camcorder, although camcorder recordings aren't the most color saturated. Calls are clear & I can get 4G coverage in most areas of my hometown. 4G's significantly faster than Wi-Fi on this phone. Upgrading from Gingerbread on my old Droid 2 Global phone; Jelly Bean took getting used to. JB's interface is cleaner looking & more intuitive than GB. If there's 1 thing I dislike, I don't like the inability to watch YouTube videos w/background data off, something I did w/no issues on the D2G. And sometimes when I press an icon on the right side of the screen, it'll scroll left instead.

OVERALL GRADE: A-

• 2013-03-23 23:02
  • 0duj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-14 00:13 from t7PA - click to readYes the phone does have a radio

• 2013-03-17 04:29
  • vu{2

its an awesome dude unique

• 2013-02-23 17:46
  • 9BcM

have been using my RAZR M for the last 6months and I must say that its amazingly fast in terms. of multitask, battery life is also much more realistic than any other competitor, just love the circle widgets.

• 2013-02-17 07:51
  • wxN$

• 2013-02-17 06:44
  • wxN$

nice cell phone and good features

• 2013-02-11 11:33
  • tUaU

I just recently bought this on a whim. was instantly happy with my choice. A huge improvement on my samsung phone.I love it.

• 2013-02-11 06:24
  • K8NS

very fine phone

• 2013-02-10 10:43
  • KI1D

Nice i will get it sooon..

• 2013-02-04 03:59
  • Hkqs

I like this specs and will probably get this one if available here in DR.

• 2013-02-02 20:13
  • PaG8

so cool.... second to no one//////

• 2013-01-29 05:45
  • 9xff

..wish that i could come to the philippine shore..i would dare try to have one..with that handsome specs at that price range, it's quite a temptation.
a motofanatic here.

• 2013-01-24 08:00
  • vaP3

very slim and beautiful. Great features...

• 2013-01-13 09:20
  • KI1A

> In reply to Colin @ 2013-01-02 23:01 from smS9 - click to readJust a comment.
The regular sim that you commented is the mini sim.
We have 3 types of sim card.
1 - sim card - It was not commertial used looks like a credit card.
2 - mini sim card - The most commonly used this is the one used on all the GSM phones
3 - micro sim card - Was first used by apple on theis iphones.

• 2013-01-10 19:51
  • P7u8

Is it possible to unlock the imei to another any GSM phone Company?

• 2013-01-03 06:39
  • LypC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-25 22:12 from 0@12 - click to readThis site says all phones are Mini-Sim now, even my BlackBerry Bold 9900 is said to have a mini-sim but it doesn't, it has the regular sim

• 2013-01-02 23:01
  • smS9

Anybody knows if there's a way to get the developers edition in Europe?
And how bad are the camera and out-volume?
Thanks

• 2013-01-02 22:56
  • pI5J

the SIM card in this phone IS NOT Mini SIM, it's Micro SIM!

Thanks for the correction but I'll have to cut my Mini Sim now.

• 2012-12-25 22:12
  • 0@12
  • F

it looks great but when will it come in india in my hand? waiting.......................

• 2012-12-23 15:12
  • t}v@
Total of 115 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID RAZR M.