Motorola DROID RAZR M - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.0
6.9
7.0

Can anybody tell me that its body made of almunium material or it has a plastic body?

• 2014-05-16 20:00
  • 6QHp

bought my razr m from ebay had it about two weeks, total let down, with page plus they are not able to work 4g phones but they didn't tell me that after charging me 90 dollars for sims and to flash it. never able to get internet, only use wifi if standing directly under it. had a droid incredible was stolen, thought i was upgrading not that phone was awsome internet anywhere. dropped outside in the rain overnight 60% rain. it worked like a charm. wise someone would have a heart and return my phone. thick twice before buying the razrm.

• 2014-04-12 10:12
  • 4MNy

Have had mine for quite a while and im amazed at how well its been able to keep up with all the new apps and games. The key of course is to root it etc. and get all the junk off, can always mess around with custom roms too.

• 2014-04-03 18:18
  • kiQv

> In reply to Blackjack @ 2014-03-17 20:52 from sSxi - click to readyou can use a gsm fix patch that makes you use any sim on any network with an rom,stock or mod, ive done it myself, can check the droid forums for details

• 2014-04-01 21:22
  • kiQv

My Droid Razr M will be two years old in October 2012. It's obsolete now.
Affordable junk. And Motorola hasn't got one quad-core processor on the
market now!

I'm buying a LG G2 next or M8 - - haven't decided yet

• 2014-04-01 03:04
  • kcxx

> In reply to concerned @ 2014-02-08 20:34 from ImkD - click to readmaybe you just need to flash the os and restore the data

• 2014-03-28 07:57
  • PEIU

> In reply to waxeem @ 2014-03-09 09:42 from KI63 - click to readWaseem updated your droid razr m xt-907 on jellybean 4.1.2 stock rom 98.18.94.XT907.Verizon.en.us and u r able to use your sim on any network

• 2014-03-17 20:52
  • sSxi

please help me!!! i have motorola droid razr m in softbank japan carrier!it does not support sim in pakistan!please give some guide line that what can i do for using the sim in droid razr m in pakistan???

• 2014-03-09 09:42
  • KI63

love my razr m but after a year it seems to lock up and needs charging often. When fully charged the phone is slow when I go to text ,the words appear delayed and just opting to text screen takes long to appear. When using camera, camera freezes and doesn't respond.
any suggestions?

• 2014-02-08 20:34
  • ImkD

> In reply to don B. @ 2013-10-12 03:10 from qmAP - click to readI just had the exact same issue with mine this morning!! Scary as heck! I was almost in tears since I had absolutely no idea what to do with it once it started to heat up & become so hot that I was unable to even touch it!! :'( And of course, I had no way to contact anyone without my phone aaaaaaah!!! I just unplugged it from the charger just like you did & attempted to turn it on but it would not & that's when it started to heat up like that! I picked it up from the counter with a towel and placed it a good distance away from where I would be in fear that it would actually explode with all that heat radiating from it like that!!

• 2014-02-04 19:46
  • 7FLu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-30 12:31 from u1x6 - click to readHi its me Anwer my droid razr m won't working gsm sim. I bought since six months but when I bought this phone only one month i'm using gsm sim after it can't working gsm sim. My phone is updated on jellybean 4.1.2 and System version is 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.us.I have a question in mind, is my phone is contract base or without contract base phone or is there any solution that my phone is able to working gsm sim

• 2014-02-03 21:24
  • sSPr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-16 09:53 from 7umj - click to readprobably verizon, not motorola

• 2014-01-27 08:04
  • 7umn

HelloMoto... Are you forget to update this phone ?
:( :( :(

• 2014-01-16 09:53
  • 7umj

This is a great phone and highly recommended! I only started using mine yesterday, and was instantly delighted! It is well-constructed, with a Corning 'Gorilla Glass' screen and a strong Dupont 'Kevlar' back (on the black model only, apparently). It even comes with a clear plastic screen protector pre-installed, with useful small white icons indicating button functions. These can be gently scratched-off if not wanted, but I find them useful. There is even a clear plastic protector pre-installed on the rear surface surrounding the camera area, just above the 'Kevlar' backing. This phone is 4G LTE enabled. It's small and light, if that's what you're looking for. The screen is very responsive, and colors are vibrant. It takes good quality images, that most people would be happy with, and has a built-in flash. It has a decent Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, although it's not replaceable. It's splash resistant, and can accommodate a microSD card up to 32GB. The screen is almost edge-to-edge, and the call quality and volume are excellent. As you can tell, I love this phone! While it's small size may not be for everyone, it's perfect for me!

• 2013-12-28 00:07
  • Xrn1

I am using this one. excellent phone. i have no issue. GSM is also working after jelly bean update.

• 2013-12-15 04:30
  • 6Qtp

I bought this phone out of sheer necessity and the only problem I've had with the phone is my SD card wouldn't mount one day and I just wanted to save every thing to the card got a new-ish one from best buy and I've haven't seen any problems until I dropped it on cement landed face down and the screen craked so I went to best buy again and got another new one and every time my friends with iphones try to compete with me I stomp out their dreams their only vantage point is the number of cases that are available for them but who cares about cases and the graphics that are on them
Tl;Dr droid RAZR m better than your iphones

• 2013-11-21 20:08
  • kU{u

I believe everyone have there experience on this Motorola Razr M. My experience is so bad because am having the 3rd replacement from Verizon now and the phone is giving me the same problem. These are the problems am facing on the phone
1. Rebooting
2. Hanging
3. Camera won't open
4. Network problem both on Verizon and Wireless.
I hope there is a solution to this issue because am thinking on getting the 4th replacement now as i type this message.

If you have a solution please do tell me i was ask to change the SIM which i did but the problem still coming on the phone just tired of this Motorola Razr M.

Thanks.

• 2013-11-20 20:27
  • 4G}D

> In reply to sam686 @ 2013-09-23 17:55 from tUa5 - click to readAfter the latest updates gsm does not works

• 2013-10-20 15:36
  • vwpq

> In reply to don B. @ 2013-10-12 03:10 from qmAP - click to readwoohoo man!! what a HOT writing..

• 2013-10-17 13:06
  • HsEt

HOT BUT NOT DUE TO PERFORMANCE, HOT DUE TO NEAR MELT DOWN TEMPERUATURES,I COULD NOT EVEN HOLD IT . JUST TRIED TO TURN IT ON,BUT IT WOULD NOT COME ON!!!!!! ANYONE ELSE HAVE A NEAR MELT-DOWN AFTER A SIMPLE RE-CHARGE OF THE BATTERY??? purchased this droid razr m from verizon on 6 Sept. 2013, I had the "x" model for two years six months only "upgraded" due to battery life on former phone finally giving out. Once about two weeks ago, it would not come on for a few hours, was nice not having to answer it, LOL!! However, I needed it today and it would not function.It was soo hot I was worried about it melting my micro-SD card thus damaging my photos. I attempted to find how to remove the battery and remove the power supply. Could not find it, so I called my sales rep. cell number from my landline phone. NO ANSWER, even though he said " Call me anytime with any phone issues or questions" 9:15 a.m. today two calls no answer, verizon corp. store in Athens, TN. was CLOSED as well, by the way, BO, please set-up your voice mail on your company cellphone, I think it may not be legal for a verizon sales rep. to NOT have a working voice mail. if you do not know how to set it up, JUST CALL ME ANYTIME AND i WILL TALK YOU THOUGH HOW TO DO THAT, unless of course my NEW "under warrantly " verizon is TOO HOT TO HANDLE. Anyway, where was I, right. after that long 30 minute wait for the other sales rep. to take it back to where "NON working" phones go and then "NOT have to do anything except simply re-charge my "NEW" phone and then try to play off the whole thing as if I was too dump to just simply re-charge my phone, It was amazing how fast she shifted me over to your manager after I simply asked, Is this situation occuring with other "M" RAZR? Then that very knowledgeable electronic expert, manager was so kind to explain to me how all the small little computers are so wonderful great little communications devices and that she assured me that all would be just fine with my little "smart" phone.
I did not even bother or want to bore her with the facts that I have been a trained industrial electronic tech. for 25 years and been in military communications for almost 30 years, or about multiple combat tours were verizon was "NOT" located and we had to do our own networks just to survive, besides, I did not want to waste anymore of that locations time, because after all, the sale was already completed and you guys get paid for sales and not CUSTOMER SERVIRE, RIGHT?? Hopefully, this situation will not reappear, but something inside tells me, it has "ONLY" been delayed until a later date.
HOT IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD especially if internal battery has external issues by malfunctioning, ROGER??

• 2013-10-12 03:10
  • qmAP
Total of 176 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID RAZR M.