Motorola DROID RAZR XT912 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

8.2
8.1
8.0

> In reply to Mani @ 2014-12-24 17:19 from 9xMA - click to readSystem Setting ---- Security & Screen Lock ------Check UNKNOWN Sources ------ a message will pop-up----Tap Ok...

Your Ussd will work now

• 2015-01-12 10:38
  • PDT1

I have been using this phone & its really awesom but whenever i try to use 3g on my network. It doesn't show the sign & it turned on but whenever i turn on wifi with data connection(3G) . Both signs appear of 3g & wifi. i only want to use 3g alone . How can i do that?

• 2015-01-11 12:19
  • Jx@W

Motorola droid RAZR xt 912 hotspot is not working help me

• 2015-01-11 12:16
  • v{{m

> In reply to bekky @ 2014-10-28 22:09 from r3He - click to readSo good.
I'm enjoying everything in it. My battery last for 24hrs and the network so fast... my hotspot works well, the phone ain't gat any problems. But it depend on where you purchased your mobile... nice gone Moto.
If you need any help here in Nigeria,ask me on Feb or whatsapp and I will help u for free......
Princ orlanrewhaju hojoe on Facebook
Nigeria help only

• 2015-01-11 11:08
  • fuN1

My droid razr XT 912 is not becoming power off despite pressing key so many time. Power off with writting of 'shutting down' is running on the screen. What should I do?

• 2015-01-10 17:44
  • uZaR

I purchased XT912 battery from Aliexpress.com, battery brand is Lopurs, store name Top Electronics store.
this battery is very nice.

• 2015-01-08 19:29
  • HBFw

> In reply to izzi @ 2014-12-30 16:19 from KIUL - click to readVery fast and reliable cell phone,i am using droid razr xt912 in 4.1.2 (jelly bean),running so smooth.
Camera:8 MP
Front camera :2MP

• 2015-01-07 21:01
  • uZaU

> In reply to royal @ 2014-12-23 22:50 from Nw8x - click to readTo customize your default ring tone you first need some ring tones right? There are paid options on Google play, but that's pretty limited in my opinion (and not cheap enough for me!) Download a free ring tone maker app from the Play store. Get yourself a music player app and some music too. Once you have the song downloaded, you can use the ring tone maker to set the clip of music you want and save it as a ring tone. Then you go into the phone's settings, then into sound, then select default ring tone.

• 2015-01-03 14:38
  • HHH

> In reply to Cattress @ 2015-01-03 13:37 from HHH - click to readAlso, the battery CAN be replaced; they are sold online, the size is EB20. However, this is not simple and will probably void any warranty. You will need a precision screwdriver set with tiny torx (T3,T4,T5) There are only 2 different size torx screws, but some devices have the larger set. Also, you need a "safe pry" tool or guitar pick. Case opener kits should have all the tools you need and can usually be ordered with the battery for a few bucks. You may want some double sided tape as well so you can put your phone back together securely. I watched a video online before and while taking my phone apart for guidance; following the steps are super important because of the hidden screw and very delicate ribbon connector on the battery.
Just getting the cover off takes incredible patience, and it is possible your phone won't recognize the battery once you get past the super strength tape and find all those tiny runaway screws. I used a dangerous hack to charge the battery and even though my multimeter showed the battery was full, my phone kept saying it wasn't due to the USB bypass. Just an FYI.

• 2015-01-03 14:16
  • HHH

First, I love this phone and I'm planning on rooting it to clear up a few recent performance issue. I bought it in July 2012,when I broke the charging port a few months ago, I was devastated; I don't have the skills and tools to replace it so I bought another one on Ebay. And I couldn't be happier to pay $62 and no contract.
Though I recommend a sturdy case, I carried my phone without and it survived a LOT of nasty falls just fine.
The battery is decent and I only recently have had issues, but I think I can find the cause when I root.
Task killers don't help, they close apps that will simply restart automatically as they are designed. A battery saver app or smart solutions that came with the phone might help because they can stop notifications, GPS, searching for WiFi, ect.
My old device, the one I dropped all the time and cleaned the charging port over zealously, did start to get very hot towards the end of the time I had it. I think it had to do with all the falls and the loose pins in the charging port. I recommend using a good charging cord, maybe even replacing it with another one from Motorola if it has been used a lot, and charging it in a clean, grounded outlet (no corrosion!) A car charger is fine in a pinch, but the DC outlets are not as well controlled during different power cycles in the car as a standard wall outlet. The first charge or a severe drain will require a long charge before the phone will boot.

• 2015-01-03 13:37
  • HHH

> In reply to JIbran @ 2015-01-03 08:02 from PZFg - click to readTo select a caller specific ring tone, bring up the name in your contact list and press settings button (3 lines farthest left) and you will see option to set ring tone. Without root you cannot set a text or notification alert sound specifically to a contact, only the ring tone.

• 2015-01-03 12:38
  • HHH

> In reply to ahmed raza @ 2014-10-10 11:57 from sSPj - click to readYou don't have to worry mola buy the phone and confirm on your own

• 2015-01-03 09:56
  • ftIs

Dear All,
Please tell me how can i select caller rintone another ringtone in my droid razr xt912 ?

• 2015-01-03 08:02
  • PZFg

hows is this set in performance ??
Camera ??
front camera ,
battrey timing ???

• 2014-12-30 16:19
  • KIUL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-28 21:37 from m4}{ - click to readLol megapixels is an arbitrated number that means absolutely nothing in the capacity of said camera i have obtained thru build.prop. editing a modest 64mp on xt912 an can record an take pics in 4k hd so i say to u shenanigans sir

• 2014-12-29 13:17
  • EJ%f

> In reply to bob @ 2014-12-29 11:50 from syrD - click to readA task killer or putting ur phone down

• 2014-12-29 13:12
  • EJ%f

> In reply to Nasher @ 2014-11-19 22:48 from Q}4X - click to readSounds like a malicious app google safe mood if it works properly then its an app start deleting with recent to oldest ifstill powers ooff an on look up how to recovery mode an clear the cache/dalviks then factory reset/restore should fix boot loop issue if not that you've jacked up ur stock rom an redownload ur correct build version off Motorola website an put phone in download/sbf sideload an that will bring it back from the dead for sure ive crashed my phone hard many times during rewriting entire framework i crashed hard 36x's in 12 hrs this phone is never actually broke from any software issue hope info helps if not ill buy it

• 2014-12-29 12:59
  • EJ%f

All negative feed back on the xt912 spyder build is user malfunction or was bought used with previous owners misuse and damage this phone was challenging to root an hack but hands down for hackers this phone single handed the most powerful phone out period the turbo cant even compare motorola is king when it comes to windows an android os based phones all issues ever mentioned on xt912 i have never came close to experiencing an i guarantee ive pushed this beast harder longer an more stressful then all you combined ive wrote the 650,000 line code for the linux weezyx desktop os version on a 3gb partition all on the xt912 so take your stupidity to samsung or apple

• 2014-12-29 12:45
  • EJ%f

the battery of this phone is draining too fast can anyone solve this problem

• 2014-12-29 11:50
  • syrD

This phone is very slow and cant take anything I have one app on it and it still freezes do not buy it camera is worse than 8 mp im sure and overheats easily.

• 2014-12-28 21:37
  • m4}{
Total of 1135 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID RAZR XT912.