Motorola DROID X2 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.7
7.6
7.5

how to reach for hot spot

• 2014-10-22 21:39
  • PSMJ

> In reply to reil @ 2014-06-17 05:07 from kVI0 - click to readThe Motorola Android X2 does NOT have a front camera

• 2014-09-25 00:03
  • TgIT

> In reply to bilal786 @ 2014-06-19 20:57 from 63wB - click to readyou can see fixed this problem in youtube

• 2014-06-20 15:50
  • uAna

> In reply to SAIF @ 2012-05-10 16:55 from sUw4 - click to readHallo saif, i buy this phone but i don't know how it use this. Can u say me how i can active this phone and how i can call with this phone???

• 2014-06-19 20:57
  • 63wB

does it have a front camera

• 2014-06-17 05:07
  • kVI0

can it be flashed to virgin mobile from verizon

• 2014-05-24 20:28
  • qGv6

Is it upgradable to ICS?

• 2014-05-23 15:13
  • 6Pbg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-21 00:17 from jBuS - click to readNo not because it't not a blackberry. Because it doesn't run android 2.3 or higher.

• 2014-02-28 12:22
  • N$cS

> In reply to LaraRD @ 2014-02-10 20:47 from 8ycj - click to readProbably cuz its not a blackberry.

• 2014-02-21 00:17
  • jBuS

it gose ape once in awhile when it gets too many commands

• 2014-02-16 03:13
  • k2wW

> In reply to jboy @ 2013-10-16 02:00 from QDW@ - click to readit doesn't support bbm.

• 2014-02-10 20:47
  • 8ycj

Can this phone use bbm because I want to buy one but I love bbm so much help

• 2013-10-16 02:00
  • QDW@

to the stoner opinion above, you duno what you're talking about- no offense all other stoners. (you guys dont put newbie opinions out there.

i know this is old but i had to straighten the overall look/ opinion on the dx2. one of the best i've owned!

bloatware on the phone makes it run slow there cletus.
root it, sbf, and cyanogenmod 7 that thing and it'll run like michael johnson!
i run youtube, streaming amc walking dead right now. and they're cheap on ebay, around 100 bucks. cant beat it.

• 2013-08-31 05:50
  • Eyxc

This is hands down the worst phone I've ever owned. Every app glitches. It's slower than any phone I've ever seen, today it took 30 minutes to watch give minutes of youtube video before it decided not to play anything at all. It over heats constantly (expect it to run around 110° when using any app or taking). At least once a day it will close a program while I'm trying to use it. It will automatically download random apps. It automatically calls random numbers. Some days it will not access wifi. The bluetooth does not work. My gps always locates me in a town 50 miles away from where I live and never where I am. This is worse when I leave the state. One day it started deleting my contacts one piece of info at a time. First it would delete their photo, then their email, next it would take out the text messing, then their phone number, and finally it would delete the name. A couple of months ago it stopped making calls. Then once it cycled through turning itself on and off several times, it would call everyone I had spoken to recently several times in a row. By this I mean while I was talking to that person, it would redial their number creating a convene call with the same person. It refuses to send texts to my best friend. It auto-incorrects what I type, often inserting gibberish in place of the actual words that were on the screen until I hit the space bar. Within a month of owning the phone, the photo gallery stopped working. When I looked up how to fix it, the companies own website advised me to download a third party app! Every time I eremite to synch my phone yup my computer it factory resets my phone. The alarm doesn't already work and sometimes resets itself, sets itself, and turns itself off. Every app that comes on the phone stops working within the first year and I was forced to download third part apps to keep the phone working. It also burns up chargers. I am currently on my fifth.they usually only last about two months before they ate completely fried. I've been through three batteries and none will hold a charge four more than 4 hours, 1 if I actually use the phone. On top of all this the paint has pealed off the aluminum back of the phone. The ONLY reason I have not smashed it with a brick is that it has a trade in value of $40, and that will help offset the price of an iphone. I hate this phone.

• 2013-07-21 23:26
  • 4t3u

No I don't. Iphone's are worse. I have a RAZR i now... It's x86 powered so it just doesn't have the type of performance issues that ARM devices have. The x86 architecture is actually good. I don't know what idiot thought ARM was a good idea in the first place.

• 2013-06-22 00:39
  • iVZ5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-27 01:42 from I8V9 - click to readYou own an iphone don't you

• 2013-05-24 00:33
  • jers

This is by far the worst computerized device I have ever owned.
Firstly, I paid $550 for it. At the time, this was the best phone you could possibly buy in the whole smartphone market. It was an OK phone for the first 3 months. It began getting slower and slower. I tried an AOSP ROM, using ram re-allocation hacks, using task killers and using ram cache clearing apps. As time progressed, it got worse and worse.
After a year of use, the gps stopped working after a few days of the phone being powered on. You had to restart the phone to make the gps start working again.
After 1.5 years, the calling and testing capabilities would quit working after the phone had been powered on for a day. I had to restart every day which at this point took FOREVER.
There is no excuse for that. I paid $550 for it.
I will never buy another device with an ARM processor ever again. There is no excuse for that. Period.

• 2013-04-27 01:42
  • I8V9

I got a Droid X2 for a birthday present, and it was perfect until a month or two afterwards. It just started to slowdown, overheat, it eats my battery most days, and all around its a price of crap phone; even when its rooted its a crap phone. Also the design, if everyone else can make a slim flat phone then why can't Motorola do that with this?

NO ONE BUY THIS PHONE ITS TERRIBLE!!!

• 2013-03-16 15:00
  • qi1G

best phone ever I had... ^^

• 2012-11-17 02:16
  • tA$u

Do the Droid x2 have an similar card

• 2012-10-07 09:14
  • k}{Q
Total of 67 user reviews and opinions for Motorola DROID X2.