Motorola ES400 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

6.7
6.6
6.6

My companey have puchaced 800 of these phones and they are most crap pos i have ever used in the 20 years i have been using mobiles.

• 2014-03-26 19:11
  • m2wY

touchscreen does not work help how can i fix it

• 2013-12-13 23:51
  • NX5H

just turn gps off go to wireless manager menu phone settings and at top selectservices at bottom turn gps privacy to no and you are done

• 2013-12-12 01:14
  • k8Um

if I use my work forceand login and log out and turn off my phonedoes the GPS still worksthey could track me on the computer

• 2013-12-04 00:15
  • jBuT

Hi! I'm working in Kone Canada. My works es400 phone is admin locked for everything but work for some soft wear. How can i by pass this to get to music ,radio etc.? Please help!

• 2013-10-13 02:14
  • QZY1

Who knows how to open an admin login?

• 2013-10-13 01:54
  • QZY1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-25 01:05 from YhFk - click to readOtis thought they should keep a level playing field, we're using them now too.

• 2013-08-21 01:35
  • Yd6m

> In reply to Lil t @ 2013-04-12 15:07 from jaGI - click to readplease advise were to go to on the phone to update it to the latest version.

• 2013-07-03 15:50
  • N9Da

> In reply to hi5 @ 2013-01-28 11:31 from MW%% - click to readThanks hi5 for your notice about the firmware update. I cannot tell if it's fixing anything yet, but I have begun to update our units.

We have a few users running the latest firmware (OS 05.02.23145 / OEM Ver 02.41.0400) whose screen goes black almost immediately after they dial the phone. They DO NOT have the phone up to their ear (which covers the sensor and purposely blacks out the screen). I cannot replicate the issue and am hoping someone else has experienced it and has some advice.

We've already tried the following;

START / SETTINGS / POWER / ADVANCED / change the On battery power option to 5 minutes
START / SETTINGS / SYSTEM / BACKLIGHT & KEYLIGHT / Backlight timeout 3 minutes

This has not helped. I'm sure there's a fix somewhere, but I don't know what it is.

• 2013-04-12 15:07
  • jaGI

> In reply to Cap @ 2013-03-17 13:48 from HDL} - click to readfunny thing happened, i couldnt find the handheld so i called it. while it was still ringing i could hear my voice as i was talking to someone over the loudspeaker of the handheld. i called it from other phones and it did the same thing.

• 2013-03-31 23:31
  • kfc8

> In reply to hi5 @ 2013-01-28 11:31 from MW%% - click to readAre they fitted with a tracker to enable my company to spy?

• 2013-03-17 13:48
  • HDL}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-25 01:05 from YhFk - click to readIam a Kone tech in Atlanta . Man o live this is POS. Thanks kone we spend more time with these phones than Doing our Job.

• 2013-02-13 18:51
  • FJRU

> In reply to Richie Cunningham @ 2012-08-31 05:23 from sc6t - click to readThanks Frank S. W/ Kone

• 2013-02-13 18:36
  • FJRU

We have a lot of ES400 in our company and they suck..
BUT, with this new firmware they got a lot better.
Read the changelog. Tons of fixes.

• 2013-01-28 11:31
  • MW%%
  • Humbled ES400b user
  • Rating0

All of what has been previously mentioned is true. One other point deserves mention. Even though it doesn't function as a PDA, a wallis talkie, a phone, an instant message device, or camera, the GPS works perfectly.

• 2013-01-21 17:00
  • ILTn

This is the absolute worst phone ever!! Work gave it to me. Never any signal. You have to use speaker option because if you put it to your ear the disconnect bar is right there and you will get a dial tone. Very user unfriendly

• 2012-12-20 04:41
  • YH1M

> In reply to Elev8r Man @ 2012-10-22 03:57 from FL5i - click to readkone tec. who ever thought of getting this phone is the best person for otis ever.

• 2012-11-25 01:05
  • YhFk

OMG I had this POS
3 months
Worst phone ever
Drop calls
Sounds like a phone from the 80s
Or Tiin cans with string

volume what volume it's up all the way still can't here it
The dally reboots
The constant pull the battery to fix whatever
The lock up S
The crap OS
SHOULD I GO ON.
To sum it all up
just crap !!!
Look else ware

• 2012-11-18 06:43
  • s7d$

my work gave me this phone a coupld of months ago and I would have to say hands down this is the most tragically inept phone i have ever used

I don't know if it is the hardware or the windows mobile OS that's loaded on it but i think anyone who tries to sell this phone should hang their heads in shame

• 2012-11-17 02:48
  • wfFr

> In reply to Ginger SL. @ 2012-11-09 09:05 from mwq2 - click to readFirst try hard-resetting the phone or a full OS reinstall (flash).
If that yields no results, go to a phone repair shop and have them check if the ribbon cable that links the touch and the MB if intact or is loose.
If you are sure that the touch is broken it is really easy and cheap to have it replaced. I have replaced mine (the phone felt and the touch was damaged) for less than 30 Euro.

• 2012-11-12 09:43
  • 3RR7
Total of 194 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ES400.