Motorola ES400 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

6.7
6.6
6.6

> In reply to Kone 13 @ 2012-08-05 06:11 from qTvq - click to readNice cant wait for mine

• 2012-08-10 18:41
  • ILWs

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-08-03 17:02 from Su4g - click to readWere are about to get these
Why windows platform
What smart phone uses window 7

• 2012-08-05 06:11
  • qTvq

Why windows platform
What smart phone uses window 7

• 2012-08-05 05:50
  • qTvq

I deleted some applications in my ES400 and my Ringtones, musics, and video stoped.
What should i do to make them work again?

• 2012-08-05 01:51
  • f3IU

We have around 300 and I must say they are a load of crap I cant belive they get away with calling them rugged we have enginners employed swapping these out daily

• 2012-08-03 17:02
  • Su4g

Garbage phone. Can someone tell me how to keep the phone ringer on? For no reason I find it in the no ring mode or "phone is off, would you like to turn it on." Are you kidding me, POS!!!

• 2012-07-28 21:54
  • 4TWK

I have to be honest and say i cannot recomend these devices at all, i purchased 20 for work and have had to have 10 repaired in a 12 month period. They have all had to have new touch screen fitted as they stopped working or were hit and miss as to which area of the screen worked.

• 2012-07-23 17:38
  • phtx

Worst phone ever - our company has just signed a deal for 40 of these things. I cannot bring myself to call these devices a phone - A block of wood would be more usefull.
The Capacitive screen is inaccurate even with stylus
Audio low or distorted extremely poor with car kits (parrot Included)
Mutes calls, misses every other voicemail
Never used an OS so unintuative as Motorola's
Outdated windows Mobile 6.5 no better, not upgradable and no longer supported (but mororola has an agreement for support)Yeh Right !))
Options set, defaults to factory settings for no reason
Drops calls or audio lost either way
Sized & weighs like a brick
To sum up this phone would have been cutting edge in the 80's

• 2012-07-21 05:32
  • m57$

Had one for over 9 months, Scanner next to useless, phone mysteriously rings for no reason, texting is hit and miss, wont link up to my PC and the problems go on and on.I'm afraid its the last time I splash out hard earned cash on an all singing and dancing piece of junk.

• 2012-07-16 21:35
  • nGax

I can't honestly recommend it. We have 2 of them. One has developed a problem with keyboard entry being v-e-r-y slow in responding. In fact, I have resorted to using the stylus for text messaging. A second ES400 started displaying the same problem, only now it will only do a partial boot and then hangs up - it turned itself into a paperweight. Both phones have the lates FW in them. I can't believe that Motorola (Symbol) went to market with this product.

• 2012-07-12 19:30
  • xsM5

> In reply to clyde @ 2012-06-09 21:37 from 43Ig - click to readBin it !!!

• 2012-06-10 11:30
  • HCtT

> In reply to Yankee2791 @ 2012-01-27 02:59 from q5r0 - click to readjust got one and it is impossible to use

• 2012-06-09 21:37
  • 43Ig

> In reply to tillie @ 2012-05-14 16:38 from nFgu - click to readget MC65 instead has better scanner.

• 2012-05-22 21:45
  • xsM5

> In reply to Yankee2791 @ 2012-01-27 02:59 from q5r0 - click to readHi, I'd be very interest to know if your company went ahead and purchased the ES400 devices.

• 2012-05-14 16:38
  • nFgu

> In reply to MercuryMorrison1 @ 2012-04-26 08:40 from qZLG - click to readShow your boss these reviews. Fortunately I don't use the scanner, but the phone regularly rings once then drops to voicemail (in between crashing, and randomly beeping all day - anyone else having that ?) It's got so annoying, that out of work hours, the back and the battery comes out !!

• 2012-05-02 14:16
  • dTME

This phone is a great idea poorly implemented. There isn't much bad to say about the hardware but the software is in sad state. Like many manufacturers, they tried to give Windows Mobile a make up and they only managed to make it more difficult to use, sluggish and buggy. I alread had a Windows Mobile phone before this (a Samsung EPiX) and the optical mouse was one of my top priorities. Vanilla Windows Mobile makes no sense but I installed a program called "Quick Menu" that added a lot of usability to it. However, this phone is so difficult to use compared to it. They tried to "improve" the standard Windows status bar and they only managed to make it more difficult to use. Back in my EPiX, the volume control was easy to adjust, you simply clicked in the top icon and adjusted it. Here you have to click the side button and act fast or it will fade out. The same happens to the camera, it has a timer and won't allow you to leave it on indefinitely. I guess, they should consider dropping everything and providing a vanilla Windows Mobile build on it. That's what they did on the Samsung EPiX and worked great.

• 2012-04-26 16:11
  • LvsQ

Worst phone ever...I have to work with this PoS every night when I go to work...This phone almost never works right...And unfortunatly for me my job requires that I scan a certian amount of barcodes everynight to ensure that I am actually making my rounds. Half of the time the phone will not scan correctly and when it does its only after great effort trying to posisiton the scanner so it can read the barcode.

My manager has gotten onto me once before because of this phone...Despite my and others complaints he refuses to beleive that this phone is the PoS it is despite the fact that we are on our third one. This phone is EXTREAMLY frusturating to use and rarely works properly.

I personally don't know much about phones...But I can't reccomend this one at all...Stay away...Stay FAR AWAY.

• 2012-04-26 08:40
  • qZLG

> In reply to Civil engineer @ 2011-09-27 14:53 from pWME - click to readdo you work for Motorola as this phone is junk a expensive door stop I'm on my 4th 2 broken screens and 2 that keep turning off then can't turn on without removing battery

• 2012-04-02 15:42
  • StUF

Worst phone I have ever seen, we deployed this to our sales force, after four months we scrapped it in favor of iPhones. Horrible device, if you can't talk, why have it?

• 2012-03-30 22:39
  • FFh7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-03-01 17:49 from xYmj - click to readDo you work for Motorola by chance ?

• 2012-03-30 12:04
  • JC5J
Total of 201 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ES400.