Motorola FLIPSIDE MB508 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.2

Cannot recommend. Has been just barely tolerable despite turning all all the bloatware I could without rooting. Do yourself a favor and get something more up to date with a lot more internal memory. No amount of memory management can make up for what is simply not there in the first place (not even adding SD memory helps much even in the most recent iterations), but the apps forced into this device certainly do cripple it to the point of not being usable at all until as many as possible are defeated. Even then it will be an exercise in frustration. Between Moto & ATT, this device's implementation was botched. Which is sad in that it had such excellent potential for a starter Android smartphone. But now, a year later, it is merely another irrelevant piece of obsolescence. I like Motorola on the whole, but this one should be avoided.

• 2014-09-06 22:44
  • scC5

This phone is trash the first time i git it i was like AWESOME but now this crap must go in trash. memory is no good the phone not even a pic up internet it just keeps loading, it freezes, it over heat, low space. who so ever maid this phone must have been sleeping while inventing it #barff

• 2014-07-27 04:04
  • ka83

I have purchase a new sd card and need to install how do I do that and still have all my information from the old as card

• 2014-04-18 21:47
  • 8fE0

my motorola blur mb580 i lost my phone service and i cant use to make calls and do anything what can i do so solve that i tried reset the phone but still not working can you help me fix that

• 2014-03-27 18:25
  • fmgB

my Motorola MB508 going hung when i use it fast work just tell me what i do for this problem.

• 2013-12-07 14:32
  • KIhd

i cannot access my notification light, i dont think this phont worth this high prices. storage is my main problem how do i fix it.

• 2013-10-18 17:28
  • ReEw

Motorolas product Att offered as part of their lines offered to customers. Sole excuslivly by ATT its pre-installed applactions, many are Exclusive to ATT requireing subcription fees for their use, none of these locked apps cannot be removed

• 2013-10-03 16:10
  • kNA1

> In reply to Nicki @ 2012-12-08 23:46 from qKXm - click to readJust put a screen protector and it will work just fine!

• 2013-08-25 20:41
  • fq1G

i cant use the google accounts to download apps why

• 2013-05-14 13:42
  • fuvy

Can you use Swype on this phone??? If Yes can you please tell me what's the app called and how do I set to use the swype... Thank you!!!

• 2013-04-19 23:36
  • YdmV

My phone freezes.It moves from the homescreen to my text messaging without me touching it. Its a great phone besides that.

• 2012-12-08 23:46
  • qKXm

I've fixed my "storage" problem and now I'm fine ;)
Try this method here www ganshani.com/2012/01/11/fix-insufficient-storage­-available-on-android/
it worked for me! (that's not a spam!!!!)

• 2012-11-10 23:41
  • 3I@a

Have had the Flipside for two years now... and just to let the author know, the version of Android listed in the article needs to be updated to Android 2.2 (Froyo). See here for details:

• 2012-09-23 16:11
  • 4pN7

Its basicly shit compared to others but if maintained well it will work decent.... it probably will always freeze and the memory suck but overall ok

• 2012-08-02 02:49
  • 0hKm

Understand when I tell you this phone is a piece of crap. It freezes, the memory sucks, and the battery power is terrible. If your looking for a good phone I suggest the Samsung captivate glide that is what i have now and its the best phone I ever had.

• 2012-07-31 14:46
  • 4wyF

This phone is kinda cool doe, I am kind of qwerty physical keyboard person, but if you don't have enough memory it sucks. The UI MOTOBLUR sucks battery,slows the phone down,lags and causes freezes. I admire but sometimes it's a pain. I want to root it to rid the bloatware but wouldn't even bother because I am going to get a Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro and selling it.

• 2012-07-13 23:47
  • 4mD6

this phone is really crap i mean shitty i hate it it doesn't have enough memory always freezing i bough this phone a month ago an the speaker is not working this is total crap don't ever purchase this phone to much money for nothing good

• 2012-06-25 23:43
  • 8ySK

Motorola Flipside or Motorola Milestone? Please help! :)

• 2012-06-25 02:51
  • Rd%x

this phone sucks, not enough memory to load more than a couple programs, keeps freezing up requiring a master reset. Worst phone I have ever owned, I am going back to a BlackBerry.

• 2012-05-24 18:41
  • qIAS

run far from this phone!!!!!! do not purchase. i regret buying this phone. camera is shitty. my past bb storm camera is better than this. memory is another shitty feature of this phone. constant out of memory errors with this phone. even with 2.2.2 installed, not worth it. shitty, shitty phone... i have like 3 apps installed- less than 4 mb for 1 and the other 2 about 2 mb and it says i have 32 mb free... and dont talk about bloatware from at&t, rooted and deleted all the bloatware and it still didnt release any memory.
please for your sanity, do not buy this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2012-05-01 16:07
  • 8yP9
Total of 64 user reviews and opinions for Motorola FLIPSIDE MB508.