Motorola FLIPSIDE MB508 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.2

this phone sucks, not enough memory to load more than a couple programs, keeps freezing up requiring a master reset. Worst phone I have ever owned, I am going back to a BlackBerry.

• 2012-05-24 18:41
  • qIAS

run far from this phone!!!!!! do not purchase. i regret buying this phone. camera is shitty. my past bb storm camera is better than this. memory is another shitty feature of this phone. constant out of memory errors with this phone. even with 2.2.2 installed, not worth it. shitty, shitty phone... i have like 3 apps installed- less than 4 mb for 1 and the other 2 about 2 mb and it says i have 32 mb free... and dont talk about bloatware from at&t, rooted and deleted all the bloatware and it still didnt release any memory.
please for your sanity, do not buy this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2012-05-01 16:07
  • 8yP9

Day Don keep freezing.. what do I do

• 2012-04-24 05:15
  • fuvx

cant connect my phone with google server, which makes it hard to download on it, and i can only recieve files through bluetooth because i find it hard to send files through bluetooth.

• 2012-03-08 17:33
  • ftVh

Despite using relatively high-end devices like Cliq 2 / Milestone 2 / XPRT, I still decided to get this phone (free with contract renewal) even though the phone seems a bit old by now.

I got the phone unlocked and upgraded to Android 2.2, the latter really helps as I can move most of the apps to the micro-SD card. (got a 16G one for around US$20!),

I am also using other qwerty Moto phones like Milestone 1 & 2, Cliq 1 & 2, and XT300. the keys on the Flipside indeed are among the largest, which makes typing easy.

No chance to measure battery life under 3G operation, as I took the phone overseas which only works on 2G network, and I haven't charged the phone for 2 days already. (vs. daily on most of my other Android phones running on 3G)

Hence I actually use my Flipside more as a "phone" then Android, due to its relatively compact size.

For Chinese handwriting input, there is an app call touchpal keyboard on market.

• 2011-10-27 06:44
  • Er2M

> In reply to ben @ 2011-10-13 10:02 from uH%W - click to readno idea.. but there are many keyboard replacements from the android market that can support chinese n other languages like MultiLing keyboard. i currently use Touchpal cos it has swype(!!) but not sure if it has chinese..

• 2011-10-19 09:10
  • TKkx

hi... this phone only support English, is there any way upgrade to Chinese version ?

• 2011-10-13 10:02
  • uH%W

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-12-30 08:15 from ut$b - click to readneither one!

• 2011-09-19 17:34
  • G5%p

> In reply to D-Ro @ 2011-08-19 08:02 from 3cig - click to readyeah, my flipside runs on android 2.2..altho i don't really know what's the difference.. Really pleased that this phone scored like 9/10 for design, features, n performance :))

• 2011-08-27 14:11
  • TKkx

Flipside gets android2.2 update!

• 2011-08-19 08:02
  • 3cig
  • F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-12-30 08:15 from ut$b - click to readFlipside definently i had the backflip, i dropped it on grass and it comletly shattered the screen. plus it power offs randomly and u cant get any covers.O and u cant really download anthing so ummm flipside just saying

• 2011-08-10 04:18
  • k@ZT

Love moto's, the only phone company that makes phones i don't break every six monts.
Pros: Android OS, app variety and availability, music player, full keyboard or touchscreen keyboard (situation specific options), price
Cons: Battery life (if you use a lot of apps), no Swype compatibility.

• 2011-07-14 07:59
  • k@jX

I am new to the Droid-type phone. I wanted one with a keyboard with large visible letters, and a screen large enough to read without reading glasses. I am quite happy with this phone. The battery life is short, compared with my old phone, but it more than makes up for that in it's capabilites. It also has a very nice camera.

• 2011-06-30 19:30
  • q8BY
  • The Barrel Racer!!!!
  • Rating0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-12-30 08:15 from ut$b - click to readflipside

• 2011-05-29 20:37
  • 4rIw

Worst phone I've ever had. Locks up all the time and it takes 7 minutes before you can read your text messages. I hate that thing. Hate it. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone that I care about.

• 2011-05-08 21:39
  • 8adt

it's a pretty good phone. android is a ass kicking os. down side only 2.1 eclair and of cause at&t blocks 3rd party software so downloads are limited

• 2011-04-19 00:30
  • k1k6

My wife loves this phone as an entry into the smartphone market. It's not going to wow anyone looking for a high-end device, but for what it is (an entry-level android), it works great!

• 2011-04-03 05:15
  • 4Z8f

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-01-24 09:32 from 2F6y - click to readbattery life is poor from my experience. It is a pretty solid device with a bunch of features. First and foremost i need a phone. the ph and texting is a bit cumberson.

• 2011-03-31 03:53
  • 4{VK

I have this phone my first expirience was not so good but now it is tops in my list good job moto. keep them coming jorge

• 2011-03-30 03:01
  • Y9Ck

At first i hated it but i had to get to know the fone.u hv to keep in mind that its basicallly a computer...so treat it as such...its one of the best fones ive had personally.

• 2011-03-09 04:47
  • FKyy
Total of 66 user reviews and opinions for Motorola FLIPSIDE MB508.