Motorola MILESTONE 3 XT860 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.2
7.2
6.8

Very disappointed. I thought this was the cheapest phone with the sufficient features and performance at a required level of quality I'd need. I loved it had a QWERTY keyboard.

Unfortunately these phones are very glitchy. At the first week of use it started to reboot randomly (it usually happens when I use the QWERTY keyboard); this problem is most likely a hardware flaw and it's been reported extensively on forums. With time it becomes unreliable and slow.

A month later, another issue that many users have also experienced appeared: the physical keyboard started to fail (keys become non responsive, the phone types duplicated letters, etc.). I bought this phone because I thought it would be useful to have the best of both worlds (virtual and physical keyboard), but now I don't want to use the QWERTY keyboard as it is becoming unusable and annoying.

It just sucks, don't buy it.

• 2013-11-28 19:55
  • Psvt

I have the XT862. It is carried by nTelos. East coast USA. THE PHONE IS HONESTLY A FANTASTIC PHONE AND VALUE. The quality With the camera and the video are undeniable. I only get concerned that it seems to heat up a lot with prolonged use. Must phones will though. It can be serviced either via GSM Or CDMA. NICE PHONE AND BETTER THAN ALOT ON MARKET NOW IN 13. HANDS DOWN.

• 2013-08-08 16:45
  • 4ybh

Hi I had this phone 2 1/2 years its not the best but I liked it and be careful once you get it they say "oh it doesn't scratch or its nearly impossible to crack lol mines shattered and I got it BC it don't do so it doesn't take screen shots and it crappy compared to phones today its 2013 don't get it move on to something bigger it was cool in 2011 now its just meh

• 2013-07-13 07:03
  • jRX5

How do you download pictures

• 2013-07-10 03:40
  • 4@bu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-21 22:06 from 7DCK - click to readThe top button and the center button at the same time

• 2013-07-08 19:24
  • sipq

How do you take screenshots ?

• 2013-06-17 19:08
  • 4ybh

is this phone worth getting ?

• 2013-06-16 23:54
  • khI5

How do you take screen shots with the phone?

• 2013-05-21 22:06
  • 7DCK

does anyone know if you can make video calls through skype on this phone? I read on a skype forum that only voice calls are possible

• 2013-05-19 02:53
  • L8RP

> In reply to Brian17356 @ 2012-10-16 15:09 from IxwA - click to readI think it just means that it comes with a mini sim, but it can be compatible with micro mini nano or full size, as can most smart phones.

• 2013-04-18 20:14
  • 4ybu

I have brought an XT860 from Canada, I live in UK, the phone works fine but the layout of the contact number view is set to show ###-###-##### and I want to change it to either #####-###### or simply ########### does anyone know how to do this?

• 2013-03-22 23:12
  • nEHD

i have got a milestone 2 for two years and love the way it looks, but the right side of touch screen is not working and sometimes it starts to click around by it self,

should i risk it to get milestone 3?

• 2013-02-22 15:41
  • p@x3

I used to love this phone, but now the keyboard is not working properly: sometimes it misses key, others it doubles the key pressed.

• 2013-01-22 22:19
  • P4vN

> In reply to Brian17356 @ 2012-10-16 15:09 from IxwA - click to readMini sim is the full size sim.

The other 2 is micro sim and nano sim.

• 2012-11-23 16:28
  • tVn7

My XT860 uses a full size sim, specs say mini-sim

• 2012-10-16 15:09
  • IxwA
  • F

It's an excellent mobile, the only improvement would be increasing 512MB RAM to 1GB :-)

• 2012-09-29 06:36
  • P00U

> In reply to Eisley @ 2012-07-30 01:31 from L88d - click to readThe PowerVR SXG540 from Milestone 3 is more powerful than Adreno 205.

Adreno 205 is comparable with PowerVR SXG530, which equips the older Milestone 2.

I Have a Milestone 2 with PowerVR SXG530 and a Xperia Mini Pro with Adreno 205, they have equivalent performance, very close.

• 2012-09-27 19:44
  • 8Meg

This phone is amazing, I'll never let go of qwerty KB, 512Mb of RAM isn't so much, but it's enough to run clean the android OS, with a dual-core processor, this phone is all I ever wante

• 2012-08-30 02:01
  • J3BD

It`s a very complete cell phone, and android is amazing!!! Its support an enormous quantity of aplications. From Argentina.

• 2012-08-08 14:13
  • 8x8T

Considering only relevant things, please help me:

A bit hard choise: Xperia Pro or MM3?

In terms of GPU, for web browsing and ~very~ casual gamming which is better: PowerVR SGX540 or Adreno 205. By how much?

I know MM3 has Dual Core processor, a bigger res screen and 1080p@30fps video capture, but these are not my concerns. So, please help me decide :)

- L.

Btw, the slide keyboard on the MM3 is as the MM2(loose)? Or this new is better?

Thanks you'll!

• 2012-07-30 01:31
  • L88d
Total of 60 user reviews and opinions for Motorola MILESTONE 3 XT860.