Model 1683 (Brazilian Dual SIM)
GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
LTE B1(2100), B3(1800), B5(850), B7(2600), B28(700)
Hi. I've complained and emailed Motorola at least two times after the disaster of my old Moto G4 (water damage) and have voiced out how can they improve things. Now, with planning on buying a G5 Plus I have three main concerns (which I need to say again):
1. Having no compass or magnetometer means location services apps like Google Maps (which I use on a daily basis for walking navigation due to the nature of my work and during holiday looking for a nearby restaurant or a place of interest) may function and perform slower than a device with compass. True?
2. Advanced nano coating - I'm worried that when i use my phone in light rain or an accidental drop in the sink might damage the internals when water enter small holes such as mic, speakers, USB port and grooves in-between buttons. So, is it safe or not?
3. Updates - We all know when Lenovo took over Moto updates have been very slow with the current G5 lineup still stuck with 7.0. I'm not into rooting so I depend highly on updates straight from the OEM. But with a near-stock and seemingly optimised software is this a cause for concern? Or better to stick it out with Samsung or Sony which does faster updates?
Some minor concerns are:
1. G5 Plus speakers sound a bit tinnier than last year's model?
2. Camera seem bland and has no image stabilisation apart from a pseudo-EIS at 1080p 30fps but still better than last year?
3. Storage is UFS type or eMMC 5.1?
Anonymous, 11 May 2017Asus zenfone 4 series is going to launch soon...I dont know whether they exist in UK or not bu... moreAsus phones are non-existent in the UK or EU. Only imports. Even that the devices might not be supported or compatible the UK bands & frequencies.
Why GSM Arena not giving any review of Moto G5 Plus please give a review of Moto G5 plus please please please
Anonymous, 12 May 2017In which country do u live???Good mobile....better
Still waiting for the review :-/. Especially the sound quality test.
Does it have a compass or not? really confused bought 1 from amazon and not sure whether i'll have a compass
Sunil, 11 May 2017yeah i hope so. but xiaomi wont launch another Redmi Note untill Q3 or Q4. dont know about sam... moreMaybe xiaomi is going to launch some more device soon i.e in Q2 itself ...mi max 2 can come with this soc or there are some rumours that mi mix smaller brother with midranger soc is also going to launch
Garry22, 10 May 2017Xiaomi can launch their phone with sd660 or the upcoming Samsung C10 can launch with sd660 bec... moreyeah i hope so. but xiaomi wont launch another Redmi Note untill Q3 or Q4. dont know about samsung but they will price their device for 35k or above
Gino76, 10 May 2017We might not see the first devices till Q4 to be realistic. But if there are improvements albe... moreAsus zenfone 4 series is going to launch soon...I dont know whether they exist in UK or not but I think the base variant would definitely have the sd630...basically nowadays their phones are very costly
how to reboot / restart moto g5+ . & why Next launcher is not working on it . which is the best launcher for it ...?
Sunil, 10 May 2017SD660 is already available for consumers, by end of may or first week of june OEM will launch ... moreWe might not see the first devices till Q4 to be realistic. But if there are improvements albeit incremental then I'm up for it. Till then I'll stick with what I have right now.
Anonymous, 10 May 2017May be xiaomiProblem with Xiaomi is they are mostly available online and not widely available here in EU. Customer support is almost non-existent and if something happens to the phone it will be difficult to find a place for repair other than to return it.
Sunil, 10 May 2017SD660 is already available for consumers, by end of may or first week of june OEM will launch ... moreXiaomi can launch their phone with sd660 or the upcoming Samsung C10 can launch with sd660 because its predecessor had sd653