Worst ever phone that I have encountered as of now. I have used Samsung, Sony, Micro-max.
Yeah there are always some problems with the phones but this one totally irritating. Micro-Max fared well than this one.
1) Phone's speed comes down to half of its original peed after couple of month or may be earlier in-case if you use Fb messenger, whatsapp, twitter daily.
2) It doesn't detect my sims at all. Initially it couldn't detect one temporarily. But then 1 sim had gone totally undetected for life time and the other one too is on its way to go undetected now.
3) Call you Bf/Gf now, call them after few seconds. Wait, you cant ! Contact is there right in-front on the screen but it wont make the call even if you tap the contact 100 times. Later search the same in CONTACTS, it will show:- No contact available. Now type first 3 digits of the number in the CALL, it will show the contact, tap now, but wont make a call.
4) This is proved. I have 3 more friends using same piece of sh*t. The phone charger gets heated up extensively and wont work anymore after 7 months properly.
5) Talk to your friend continuously for 15-20 mins and then you can cook omelet on the phone's screen.
6) This phone is hardly compatible to Android 5. Forget 6 !!!!
I am writing this review after using for 20 months.
Decent phone with mediocre features. However, after 6 months of usage phone's performance came down. Loading issues and sometimes hangs. Not a smart phone with long-run capabilities even with limited apps usage.
The worst phone ever. It was working all fine through the warranty period which was for one year. After the completion of the warranty period, the touch stopped working. As per the solutions found on the motorola website and given by customer care, I needed to either reboot my phone or had to perform the factory reset function. I tried everything but my problem still persisted. Motorola was my worst decision ever.
Now my phone is working properly including WiFi. But the Blutooth service is irregular.
Mine , 03 Jun 2016My moto g2 doesn't open 3g how can i do itThey have 3g. Its a good phone in your budget.
I hate Moto G2 for not supporting multi-tasking with Lollipop update. Even Audio player app stops if I open another app. Any solution?
Rohit, 01 Jun 2016Battery is ok after update battery life is very average and device heat up quickly I flash the entire Marshmallow firmware and now i have an average battery life. Thanks for your answer.
coelacanth94, 01 Jun 2016I'm havng problems with he baterry lfe ofmyMoo G 2nd Gen. It only last a few hours and even if... moreBattery is ok after update battery life is very average and device heat up quickly
I'm havng problems with he baterry lfe ofmyMoo G 2nd Gen. It only last a few hours and even if I'm not using it. I'm planing to et a batery replacement. Anyone else having battery issues?
Sak, 27 May 2016Hello, My moto g 2nd gen doesn't detect my sim -neither slots-. The problem first appeared y... moretry to clean the golden part of sim with soft cloth and reinsert the sim if still not works then hardware issue visit moto service center
MY MOTO G 2ND GENRETION PHONE it was working not properly battery problem hanging problem
My moto g 2nd gen doesn't detect my sim -neither slots-. The problem first appeared yesterday. I've tried rebooting it and resetting it. I used my sim in a different device and it worked perfectly fine. I also used another sim -which worked in a different device- in my moto g and it didn't detect it either.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem -if it can be fixed at all- ?
Worked great up until a year. Then like everyone has said, heating, spontaneous shutdowns, crazy lag or app crashes. If I would've known about this before purchase never would have bought this phone.
The lack of upgradable memory hurts this phone immensely. Apps will disappear from home screen because you have to move them to your SD card (which you have to go through the process of formatting). Just not the worth the trouble for the amount of money. Bad phone unless it is short term.
DON'T BUY : My Moto G2 phone warranty is one year and is few months back. Last week I could see phone is not charging and the service center guys said that the mother board is faulty. It costs Rs 9000.
I though to use this phone at least 3 years. Now i have to buy another phone.
I could see many other has mentioned the same issue. So decide yourself before purchasing a Motorola phone.