Motorola Moto G 4G - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6
7.7
7.7

Hello there...! Today something happened to my cellphone that almost drives crazy. I was listening to music when I plugged the phone to the charger, all of the sudden the screen went blank and the nothification like was blinking like twice per second. I tried to turn it on or off but was not responding. After 10 minutes it responded again. I looked for some info on Google and people were saying it was related with the Software update to KitKat 4.4.4. Is there anyone who knows if this is true? Or could know why that happend? The cellphone was purchased brand new on Saturday.

• 2015-05-25 23:10
  • 9LAy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-21 23:09 from 9LAy - click to readHe/she just probably didn't know that the 4G version supports SD cards, unlike the regular original Moto G.

• 2015-05-22 11:55
  • mI3F

Hi! I just noticed that among the specifications for this decive, it shows a SD Card Slot to place external memory. However, earlier this day I asked in one of my country's mobile carrier and they told me it does not support external memory. So now I'm confused. Does it have sd card lost? Or it doesn't? Thanks in advance for the answer.

• 2015-05-21 23:09
  • 9LAy

This is a very nice smartphone. VERY good display. Good battery life. GOOD responsiveness. Very good overall (running on 4.4.4). I wouldn't update to Lollipop unless I am 1000% sure I know what I'm doing and that it's worth it. Right now on 4.4.4 it's so smooth and lovely. May Jesus Christ bless you all. - Leonardo.

• 2015-05-19 00:32
  • Kmfu

> In reply to Tete Rouge @ 2015-04-21 01:01 from QCQk - click to readyou got to be kiding!! there are 2 reasons that i can think of your post. 1. you bought a defective phone. most probably 2. you are talking about another phone. i use my phone only for calls and recently my moto g lasted 6 days with the battery droping at 43%. so you see the battery is exelent! the interface is nothing special but is much better than an iphone believe me! the back ground light is good, i've seen worst..the phone never crashed to me..never. and the camera has like every other phone digital zoom..yep the camera is not so good but it ok. and for the budget you can buy 4 moto g or 1 overpriced iphone with nothing to justify the price!

• 2015-05-10 13:11
  • xw$J

> In reply to Janu Dewangga @ 2015-05-04 17:32 from tDM9 - click to readPlease decrease moto g 4g price

• 2015-05-07 08:36
  • vGx{

Just bought this phone a few hours ago. I'm very impressive about the speed so far.

• 2015-05-04 17:32
  • tDM9

> In reply to Ash @ 2015-04-27 17:48 from YTE4 - click to readYea....... Vry much better than htc desire 620/620g bcz of its chipset configuration whch nvr allow the phone to crash or run out of ram.....

• 2015-05-04 14:34
  • uuxI

> In reply to Tete Rouge @ 2015-04-21 01:01 from QCQk - click to readI am sure you do not talk about moto g, have this phone for almost a year, never even crashed and the battery life is very good

• 2015-05-01 13:15
  • H5yk

> In reply to GamesandTek @ 2015-04-24 08:37 from 3xE2 - click to readNo NFC on the Moto G.

• 2015-04-29 15:35
  • 0Rce

is it better than htc desire 620 ?????

• 2015-04-27 17:48
  • YTE4

> In reply to BT7474 @ 2015-04-23 04:17 from i5%m - click to readTell me the phone with best gps antenna in US$200 range

• 2015-04-24 09:20

Does it have nfc

• 2015-04-24 08:37
  • 3xE2

Hi All,

I want to use a mobile as offline gps navigator (using apps like sygic or MapFactor without internet/data connection). My questions are:

1. How is Moto E's offline GPS capability? Does it catch gps easily?

2. Should I go for Moto G as I have seen lot of people have fantastic gps catch with Moto G even inside their house?

3. Moto E's processor is Snapdragon 410 which should be better then Moto G's Snapdragon 400, isn't it?

4. Is Beidou working on Moto E?

Please reply

Thanks

• 2015-04-23 08:44
  • NEqV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-21 11:30 from NEqV - click to readOffline (Data or Wi-Fi not required after downloaded Map) for Android Smartphones:

Google Play (free uk road maps offline)

You should be able to transfer (backup/export); photos, Videos, media, and audio files to SDHC (32GB-well 2GB too small) Memory Cards.

Can only transfer Apps.(Applications/programs) to SDHC cards IF the Author/Manufacturer who created the App. allow you to do so.

In theory should be able to transfer everything from the phone to a computer: told by Motorola UK.

It maybe possible to back up everything to a Google Cloud account free for each account created
- get 15GB free storage told by Motorola UK.

YES: you should be able to transfer Locus Pro to the SD Memory Card.
Haven't purchased the phone yet, but you should be able to transfer Locus Pro to SD Memory Card,because found their website Forum:

I have eventually found this link, which is probably better than the next 2nd to 4th Links below from the forum:
LOCUS - Knowledge Base:

Properly read the following website' links maybe three times, before trying to use any of them if you have any problems.

Format should probably be (NTFS or 32 FAT, I think, because exFAT, if using greater than 32GB probably may not work)
It probably didn't work for the person, because used Beta (experimental) software - Too risky to use any Beta Software.

Three Forum Links:

I don't know if the following will be any help, which I probably found yesterday;
Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips & Tricks! - YouTube - Dopla Khoea - Superb!
*Off-line (don't require Data to use Maps) - Google (Lite version): Play from 11:30 Mins.

• 2015-04-23 04:17
  • i5%m

> In reply to Marc Aurel @ 2015-04-21 22:41 from mhR{ - click to readHow is gps of Moto G?

• 2015-04-22 09:20
  • NEqV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-21 11:30 from NEqV - click to readGet any Android or Windows Phone 8.1 phone and use Nokia HERE maps. They work completely without data connection if necessary. For Android you need to download HERE maps from Google Play. On the GPS receiver issue I can't help you, though, you will just have to experiment.

• 2015-04-21 22:41
  • mhR{

> In reply to Tete Rouge @ 2015-04-21 01:01 from QCQk - click to readHeh there, Im a nexus 5, iphone 5s and moto g user and have no issues with the moto g on strava or running any other multiple apps (better than my 5s in may ways). Doesn't sound like yours is as it should be to me, you could try installing the google now launcher but I would be returning it to seller in your case. Hope that helps

• 2015-04-21 17:30
  • MIaF

> In reply to noj @ 2015-03-24 23:34 from 32Ns - click to readHold fast there , they are skipping initial lollipop build to move straight to 5.1. Im a nexus 5 and moto g user and take it from me this is a very good thing. Hope that helps

• 2015-04-21 17:25
  • MIaF

Hi All,

I want to use smartphone as a offline gps device which:

1. Doesn't require data connection for navigation
2. Have good gps catching capacity ( currently using mediatek processor which doesn't catch gps)
2. Is Qualcomm processor better than Mediatek or Intel processor fo gps?

Please replye

• 2015-04-21 11:30
  • NEqV
Total of 589 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Moto G 4G.