Motorola Moto G 4G - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6
7.7
7.8

I just updtred os to 5.1. Too early to give any comments. My moto G 4g lte bought in US one year ago. I use this phone in rural area of Indonesia . But still got update via OTA. THX

• 2015-07-07 14:07
  • tDTW

This model have issues with auto shutdown. I have experience it many times after 3 months of performing flawlessly. The auto shutdown started consistently 1.5 days after full charge but then it became random. After upgrading to Lollipop 5.1 OTA, it became worst. I have tried everything available but finally, it was dead and I have to send it in for warranty claim. I was informed by the tech that Moto G and Moto G 4G (all generations) have issues with the mainboard. Some come earlier and some come later. I hope they have rectified the mainboard and I will get a mainboard replacement. Very sad.

• 2015-07-07 07:58
  • sF%G
  • F

After updating to lollipop the screen cracked !!! That's what people call coincidence...........

• 2015-07-02 12:32
  • d%SC

> In reply to sol42 @ 2015-06-25 01:30 from 3$vs - click to readno issues with 5.1 on my G 4G whatsoever.

• 2015-07-01 18:45
  • 3Y7g

first time rating and performance 8.1 now 7.7 what happened ???

• 2015-07-01 16:57
  • J7F0

> In reply to nick @ 2015-06-30 06:38 from PxBg - click to readYes it is 4G phone. But check the frequency of 4G where you live. It may or may not suporting 4G in ypur area.

• 2015-06-30 19:30
  • tDT}

Does old version Moto G 1st Grneration supports 4G network ?

• 2015-06-30 06:38
  • PxBg

Friends, My Moto G 4G XT1039 has custom 5.1.1 installed and rooted. Now I want to install the official 5.1. But I am confused about the region of my phone. If I search 5.1 update at xda, there are many files regarding different region. I will unroot and install official 5.1 if I know my phone's region. Please help me if I am wrong or tell me the procedure please.

• 2015-06-29 12:58
  • X{XG

I just updated this to 5.1 and I just got the phone two days ago. Very smooth with good battery life so far.

• 2015-06-26 15:13
  • nEwd

Just upgraded to Android 5.1 and I am a happy user again. This upgrade feels so faster! It was almost worth the delay!

• 2015-06-25 23:07
  • Jxe%

> In reply to OBOUR NANA @ 2015-06-24 12:07 from fsWX - click to readMotorola updates in waves during several days, besides it is only selected users on the reteu at this point. You also need an updated Moto Update Service, find it here:

I am still worried about the "Mobile radio active" battery drain bug, some Moto X are affected, anyone on Moto G 4G yet? Some say viping the cache helps:
androidforums.com/threads/battery-drain-android-­os-mobile-radio-active.919694/

The issue has 2081 stars (votes?), top 4 of all open issues and still no answer from Google since Apr 14:

• 2015-06-25 01:30
  • 3$vs

I'm using motorola moto G 4g EU version...... According to most of the posts in here, the 5.1 update is out and running but unfortunately i think i should've gotten an update by now since one EU owner like me claims to have gotten the update! Mine is still not in yet and when ever i check it says "device is up to date" what shud i do????? Pls help I'm in Ghana

• 2015-06-24 12:07
  • fsWX

Just got 5.1 update OTA in UK, didn't get a notification but was available when I checked.... All good so far, a few things have changed and some new handy short cuts to get used too.

• 2015-06-24 11:19
  • JLGQ

> In reply to Tom @ 2015-06-22 18:45 from 3a7R - click to read5.0.1? No, Moto G 4G is getting 5.1, skipping 5.0.x

• 2015-06-23 06:44
  • 3Y7g

> In reply to goldenlock @ 2015-06-21 19:13 from g4XS - click to readI don't understand your questions: you should elaborate
(expand on what you mean).

I have to assume that you want to use the phone with a USA Network. USA networks it appears that they will only use phones purchased from themselves on their own network, and don't have to agree for somebody who purchase their phones from another seller, to use it on their network.

Therefore, whichever USA Network you want to use you should verify with the particular network if you purchased ANY phone (Android or Apple; cheap or expensive) from another seller would they either allow you to use your phone on their network, and if so how much would they charge?

My advice would be to buy a Motorola G 4G 2nd generation 2015 XT1072 phone, and not a Moto 1st G 4G XT1039 phone - quality.

Find information from www.YouTube.co.uk in UK: Use keywords for e.g; < Moto G 4G 2nd Gen 2015>,< Lollipop 5>,< Tips or Tricks>.

• 2015-06-22 20:45
  • i5%m

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-06-22 14:53 from KZ8x - click to readTrust me you dont want 5.0.1 its awful. wait for 5.1 it's a solid release!

• 2015-06-22 18:45
  • 3a7R

hey.my moto 4g still 4.4.4 . checking update still show 'your device's software is up to date' . argggg I wan 5.0.1 !! help me please.... btw iam in malaysia . tq

• 2015-06-22 14:53
  • KZ8x

any 1 know why a brand new moto g 4g would not make or receive calls company & att services tell me the phone & sims card are good help plz

• 2015-06-21 19:13
  • g4XS

Today update to Android 5.1 UK retailer version jupi.

• 2015-06-21 00:46
  • nx0U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-06-14 20:07 from Jxe% - click to readMoto g 4g xt1039 retail UK has just received the update to 5.1 today. So much better than 4.4.4

• 2015-06-20 22:09
  • 3HAx
Total of 633 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Moto G 4G.