After 4 days with My Moto-X(Black)
Features I looked for in a smartphone:-
1) Pocketable like iphones, but not that expensive as iphones.
2) As big a screen as possible in a given form factor size.
3) Latest mobile OS iteration, in this case Kitkat, so that I can use the latest useful Apps from play store.
4) Decent performance from h/w perspective, It does not have to be top performer.
5) Value for money. Why to pay so much for something that you would want to change in every 2/3 years!! It does not make sense to spend your(daddy's) hard earned money for nothing but brand, and/or some gimmick features.
I was planning to by "Xperia Z1 compact", but I got hold back on the decision because of the alleged "flash bleeding" issue.
Then, Moto X comes, I placed my order(flipkart) right away on the first day(19th March), received it on 20th.
Unboxed, setup my Google account and stuff like that, over wifi.
Updated all the pre-installed Apps. Installed a few more Apps such as Feedly, Angry Birds et al.
All set in a couple of hours.
Believe me, It is that easy over Wifi.
I then have my sim card cut/trimmed, to fit in the nano-sim tray, for which I paid another 30 bucks.
Today is the 4th day, after I got my Moto X.
Things I like about Moto X:-
1) The relatively big screen 4.7inch in a small form factor 129.3 x 65.3 x 10.4mm compared to Z1 Compact's 4.3inch in 127 x 64.9 x 9.5mm.
2) Facts be told, It does not feel that much bigger than iphone 5/5s when you hold it in your hand.
3) Android 4.4.2(Kitkat) feels really smooth, I have not experience any lagging so far, Motorola X8 chips does its job well.
4) Unlike many other android phones, there are no or less unwanted(or never to be used) Apps pre-installed, which saves us a lot of internal memory.
5) The Touch-less Control is awesome, It works as advertised, but you should know that you have to be on at least 3G connection, on 2G it will keep failing to reach Google.
Things I don't like:-
1) "Motorola Device Policy" which is a security feature from Motorola, and basically is the same thing as "Android Device Manger" does not work either,for which I have raised a customer complaints from "https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com"
I am hoping to get this thing resolved soon.
2) I was kinda expecting, "Made in USA", but instead it has "Made in China" which was a little bit disappointing, but then I think harder,
If it were to be imported from USA, the same device will cost at least a a few thousand more and we will keep complaining the high price again. Anyway, China is just the place where it is assembled, all the software/hardware designs are done by Motorola anyway.
It is like "Mc Donald's recipe in USA can also be applied in a restaurant in India as well"
I want to give 4.5/5 star, but flipkart doesn't give that option. Hence I am giving 4 stars rating for this "little but big device" for now.
Review/Feedback from a genuine user/buyer is always useful for the those other potential buyers, that's why I spent sometime to write this..
I will keep posting my experience with the device in the coming weeks.
Purchased Price: Rs.23999/-(COD)
Guna, 24 Mar 2014Moto G would be the best one and its under 15k. Moto X and Moto G camera are almost same, only... moremoto g is the best in under 15k but we could add another 5k then in 20k galaxy grand 2 is an excellent
bcoz of the best camera (more better than the moto x) and high ram (1.5 gb) very very excellent touchwiz ui and 1080p video rec and many more interesting features soo dont comedy here grand 2 is best in under 20k
thala, 21 Mar 2014I want to buy a smartphone with cost of 15k to 22k, iam very confused which would be the best ... moreMoto G would be the best one and its under 15k. Moto X and Moto G camera are almost same, only on paper Moto X is better. Go for Moto G 16GB variant, you wont regret. Please dont go for Micromax. Also Lumia phones never buy, they are not fit to be called as Smart Phones seriously. Windows Phones dont ever come closer to Androids. A person who uses mobile phones better will definitely hate Windows Phones. Beleive me, with not-so-good but decent camera, Moto G will be the best phone on earth for under 20k
rokr, 22 Mar 2014If you are planning to buy Moto X then a second thought is a must.... Because though the camer... moreI have no idea why you would say that about the camera. Maybe you've just gotten unlucky with your photos. The amazingly sharp photos from my HTC Evo 4G LTE have made me very picky about phone cameras, and photos from my new Moto X are almost as sharp as from my Evo LTE. The only way to tell the difference is to zoom all the way in to full resolution.
If you are planning to buy Moto X then a second thought is a must.... Because though the camera is a 10MP, it does not live up to the expectations... The camera quality of Moto X is just as it is in the Moto G actually no difference between the two except the picture size... The phone's camera cant be compared to S3's camera.... In fact never i must say.... If you can comproise in the camera section then it would be a best buy at this price range....
What are the box contents??? Do they provide headset???(india)
Asking this bcz they have provided the headsets with moto g!! !!
Amar, 21 Mar 2014Hi frnds, Please advice which should go ..... My Budget is 25000. Thanks in adviceAdd 2000 and LG nexus 5 will be the best choice.
Everything seems nice in this phone but does the indian version supports 4G networks & how's the battery backup?
thala, 21 Mar 2014I want to buy a smartphone with cost of 15k to 22k, iam very confused which would be the best ... moreIf you want great media centre go for canvas knight(4k support,but UI is not smooth and preety much laggy) and try Moto x if you want lag free experience.
listen people..this phone is good for a budget of 25 k...although camera may not be as good as s3 or note 2 but it does shoot satisfactory shots...above all this phone is designed for the smoothest no nonsense user who just want reliability and functionality...i would rate it 10/10 in usability and functionality also performamce is very smooth thanks to clever optimizations...touchless controls are amazing..also its very smooth in gaming because it has to run less pixels on same gpu...for geeks nexus 5 is ok...but in terms of simple reliabilty and usability no phone comes close to this one......honest and truth review..
For those who has not had had an experience with the Moto x its one of a kind.1st off it runs nearly stock android experience which means your phone is gonna be very fast and there will be no lag on your phone whatsoever.The spec sheet for the fone might not be charming but it lives upto its expectations.The only comparison for this fone in the market is to nexus 5,but then again you wil hav to compromise on its battery(12hrs-nexus 5 with 3g). samsung grand cant even be called in for a comparison becuz most of the samsung fone do lag,even sgs4(try switching between camera and video and check how much time it takes). MOTO X blends in mid-high range specs with with very useful features such as prolonged battery life(nearly 24hrs),stock android(lag-free experience),gestures and voice features(which actually works,is useful and lives up-to the expectations).All dese are possible with a little compromise from the company in regards to display resolution(around 300ppi) and 1.7 ghz dual core processor.Overall the fone is a bang for your bucks if your are not a hardcore mobile user and rely on real time performance.P.s.MOTO X can run most of the games on the play store hence you wont be compromising much on performance if you gt this fone.