Motorola MOTOKEY 3-CHIP EX117 - user opinions and reviews

190429

7.1
7.0
7.0

I just received this phone yesterday, and so far I am quite impressed. It has lots of features and seems to be solidly made. Everything seems to work as advertised.
My only complaints are the screen is a little small and the color and contrast are not very strong. Also, the phone has a dedicated Facebook app that it always shows on the startup screen. I couldn't find any way to turn it off.
On the whole, I'm quite happy with it!
--Eric

• 2014-09-23 20:43
  • rMbx

> In reply to Santhu @ 2014-08-30 00:05 from AQ5E - click to readI had the same problem. I think the default language may actually be Portuguese. Here's how I got mine into English:
1. From the startup screen, press the right soft key just under the screen: labeled "Menu". You should see a screen with 12 icons.
2. Use the cursor to get to the "gear" icon and press the select key (the big center button).
3. Press the key labeled "3" on the keyboard. This takes you to "Phone settings", then press select again.
4. Press the "3" key on the keyboard again. This takes you to "Language", then press select once more.
5. Press the "1" key on the keyboard, or select the radio button next to "English", and press select again.
6. The phone should show a "Done" screen with an animated green check mark. When you return from that screen, everything should be in English!

• 2014-09-23 20:38
  • rMbx

This mobile has default Spanish langusgae...But I need english..Can any body tell me how to change this

• 2014-08-30 00:05
  • AQ5E

this is very nice mobile............

• 2014-03-11 13:57
  • tt1G

i like this mobile vary much....

• 2014-03-11 13:22

This is good mobile

• 2014-03-11 13:08
  • tt1G

> In reply to Mark @ 2014-02-12 16:36 from 49NZ - click to readObviously you haven't tried all the combinations, because if you did, then you'd have entered the password at some point.

I doubt anyone will help you unlock the stolen or found phone in your possession.

• 2014-03-01 16:42
  • Yhky

Can anyone help me? What is the initial password for the keypad security? I can't set my own password for the phone because I don't know the original password. I tried 0000 000000 1234 and all other combination but to no avail. I love this phone. Get it! If you're trying to downgrade from smartphone to dumbphone (no wifi, no gps) for privacy reasons, this is great!

• 2014-02-12 16:36
  • 49NZ

1. Is it possible to backup the received SMSes in the phone to your PC using the PC Connection Software of Motorola?
2. How long is your battery life during normal usage (just post shortest and longest battery life span you experienced in reality)

THX a lot in advance!

• 2013-07-03 19:34
  • mDcG

I discovered that this model EX 117 it can record a incoming/outgoing call , to do this in a call just press options button (Left side upper button under main screen , scroll to record call and that's it) to hear recording go to menu , file manager, click phone ,then click open file, click audio file, click open, click play and your all set, I just save me from buying a Bluetooth cell phone recording device for around a $178.00 dollars all thanks to the integrated recoding function in this Motorola ex117 cellphone

• 2013-06-30 02:22
  • LuMT

is ok

• 2013-05-23 23:28
  • iBtv

Please help me set up MMS with my EX117. I want it done on my AT&T SIM account. Thank you very much.

• 2012-12-02 08:10
  • qW65

3 sim standby in this handset???????????? wiating for reply from you guys.............

• 2012-11-30 16:03
  • tUdx

hi guys, can anybody help me, motokey c-chip (EX117) available in Indian market? pls help me/

• 2012-11-21 06:20
  • 2T1q

The battery only lasts 3h (talktime). It`s way worse comparing to other cellphones in the same level and price range. I mean, having 3-sim is nice and sometimes necessary, but you have to able to use them, potencially, at least one day-straight.

• 2012-10-10 20:47
  • 8J}a
  • cade2090@hotmail.com
  • Rating0

does motorola chepiest one inthe world is that TRUE

• 2012-09-06 22:29
  • fqnC

good

• 2012-08-08 12:20
  • HIYh

Yeah we can do many things with 3 Sims in iran, specialy with a 3 sim phone

• 2012-08-06 01:29
  • HI6K

We have seen many Tr Sim unbranded phones. Moto is number 1 in branded phones. Anyway, Specs are not as strong as todays' smartphones in Dual Sim phones.

• 2012-08-04 16:14
  • fBhm

> In reply to sonu ramgadiya @ 2012-07-07 22:59 from gIx} - click to readHey sonu when Motorola 3chip 1sim busy ,,,,, so another 2sim not wrkng & get reply sim busy ,,,,, after 1sim call drop cust get info abt that ,,,,,

• 2012-08-03 17:58
  • tUdx
Total of 36 user reviews and opinions for Motorola MOTOKEY 3-CHIP EX117.