Motorola Motoluxe - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.8
7.3
7.2

Will you please let us know the link from where you get the upgrade for motorola motoluxe?

• 2013-03-15 17:58
  • nCdU

> In reply to Tired of waiting @ 2013-02-18 04:48 from 4589 - click to readWill you please let me know where you find the upgrade? Please specify the link.

• 2013-03-15 17:49
  • nCdU

I have this mobile for 1 year,sday suddenly it got switched off and not getting on...can anyone pls help me to switch on my mobile...

• 2013-03-06 03:51
  • t}cX

> In reply to Naominoo @ 2013-01-18 17:08 from pJCS - click to readi cant unlock my mobile phone motorolla motoluxe pls help me out

• 2013-03-01 09:44
  • mEa$

I upgraded my phone to this model back in May 2012. By October I had issues with the phone regarding needing an upgrading. I spent the next three months without proper service and with no upgrade available. Recently I found after much searching an upgrade that I needed to install, which I did. Since then for the most part I have had better service, until a few days ago when my apps started to cease to work.
The picture quality for the phone sucks. I can't get any decent photos on it.
I couldn't find a case anywhere to fit the phone, so I had to improvise encase I dropped it.
Overall I do not like this phone.

• 2013-02-18 04:48
  • 4589

> In reply to Naominoo @ 2013-01-18 17:08 from pJCS - click to readWhich passcode? SIM PIN or Screen unlock passcode?

For SIM PIN, please contact your carrier. If it's your android unlock screen passcode, please start your phone in recovery mode.

Turn your phone off. Press and hold volume down button + power on. Release power-on button when the screen turns on. On som phones you have to hold both volume up and down pressen while turning on the phone.

I can't access youtube from here, but I think this will show you what you need: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYscCK024U8

• 2013-01-24 10:14
  • 5i4e

I have this phone and have a passcode on it and have forgotten my passcode does anyone know if I can remotely factory reset it or something really need to get into it does anyone know how i can do this?

• 2013-01-18 17:08
  • pJCS

> In reply to WhiskeyHotel99 @ 2012-12-13 23:25 from nGM0 - click to readI updated my motoluxe a while ago, but now the wifi don't work...

Therefore i tried reseting it, but there is no update....Although my wifi works (i think the wifi is going to stop working when i turn off my phone)

I am trying to search for system update using the menu in setting in about phone, But it says problem checking updates....

I seriously dont know how....Can any one help me please

• 2013-01-11 00:22
  • IB$U

it's ridiculously problematic!!!

the slightest moisture and the touch screen goes ballistic! it freezes into a white screen when taking pictures sometimes. the memory is low end the processor is equal to the campacity of a nokia 3310. my screen shattered on new years... admitedly that's no fault of the phone... but still a bit poor....

• 2013-01-03 21:01
  • JiLu

its a very good phone for its price big screen good internet and good battery

• 2013-01-01 19:06
  • 0FZm

The Good:
- good battery life - it's pretty hard to drain it in a day, except if you're playing games or use the wi-fi a lot!
- the display is excellent - almost corner to corner good resolution and dpi @ 4 inch.
- excellent built quality - aluminum, quality plastic, even if it's not goriila glass the display is good quality in terms of it's plastic cover.
- good audio especially through aux/external speakers.
- good photo quality ( in daylight)
- the phone weight is perfect, not too heavy, not too lite
- led notification is quite proeminent and it's easy to spot a missed call if your phone is in plane sight.
- querty works as it should!
- touch sensitivity is good!
- overall look is good, looks a lot like expensive phones and the materials used are not just show&tell, they're really the thing.
Glitches:
- about... 3 out of 5 times when you press the power button to turn on the display, the touch is faulty, and you need to turn the display off than back on again.
- The front camera does not work for videocalling, only voip protocols.
- The main camera takes very poor snapshots during night. The LED creates a halo of light that leaves an impression on the photo. - no way to get arround it.
- Video recorder does a poor job recording - no zoom in or out, this is worse than nokia X2 lol, but the video has good resolution even if it's not hd, it's still pretty good.
- if you have this phone it will restart about 3 times a day without notice or warning due to poor software, and before it does that you will notice the phone doing things very slow.
- wi/fi and hsdpa connectivity is very good.
- preinstalled apps can't be removed, and motorola didn't even let us get rid of stuff we don't want such as the useless quicoffice lite! and some other elements of social networking that some don't necesairly use that could make room for other apps that require ROM and not SD space.
- social graph service and other motorola bloated software/controls are useless as well, all except for the well designed buttons that control bluetooth/wifi/airplane mode and so on.
- no preintalled flashlight app. - if there's a led on the phone i'm certain almost 90& of users have one in there.
- back plate needs some adjusting by curving the pins on the back a bit so it's tighter on the back and the speaker grill vibrates durin calls, this can be improved by using a toothpick and some silicon on the edghes of the speaker grill at the top.
The Bad:
- browsing the internet is not quite what you'd expect, even for a 800 mhz processor. It's quite slow
- no custom rom YET! (or so says XDA develpers, BUT the problem is being addressed)
- battery charging is quite fast till about 80% but there's a lot to wait for that extra 20%. 100% charge in about 2~2.5 hrs. if it's not used during that time.
What needs improving: SOFTWARE !
- re-designed video recorder and tweaked camera app(no touch focus) slow to take pictures.
- shortcut for sound recorder, the app is in there, but i haven't found a way to get to it.
- needs to have a preinstalled flashlight app like on defy mini.
- needs some tweaking on the default launcher, it is heavy on resources and at least 50% slower than other launchers out there.
Note: - device can be rooted, and has ClockworkMod recovery for it.
Cheers!

• 2013-01-01 01:05
  • 0CHi

Really bad phone. Looks good but cant deliver what it promises. If it were slightly better, i.e. faster processor and more internal memory it would be far more useable but as it stands, really disappointing.

• 2012-12-26 16:13
  • pwc2

Well after giving a good review of this phone, it has changed.

I have problems with the handset freezing when I use the Camera its so annoying and when I send sms sometimes he do freeze as well, he has the latest firmware installed on him so I took him to Moto care and they say there is nothing they can do for him unless Moto release another firmware update.

So I have him for sale on Ebay now let someone else take him on.

• 2012-12-19 19:19
  • nGM0

> In reply to ka3bala @ 2012-10-15 08:54 from 3EcM - click to readonly if the minimum hardware requirements are met. Check wikipedia pages for icecream etc to see the requirements.

• 2012-12-19 06:10
  • Y28p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-14 18:16 from RYan - click to readis iit possible to update to 4.0 android

• 2012-12-17 12:49
  • 0FJL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-18 13:41 from xA0s - click to readIt's a good phone for it's price. You can spend a lot more on a "better" phone (one that is super popular) and still run into the same problems. I have had my phone for several months and there haven't been any major complaints to be made from me. I actually think the battery is good, and it charges quickly. I will also have my phone paid off quickly by using the "Tab" with Virgin Mobile. So if I choose to switch phones, I can do it soon and without it costing me.

• 2012-12-14 18:16
  • RYan

Just updated my luxe and the wifi problems in the last update have been fixed the phone is also running very fluid and battery life has improved. really enjoying my experience on this handset now.

I don't know why people say the battery is poop on this its better than any other smartphone I have used.

Also I see people complain about the touch screen not sure why unless you have a dud handset as this is comparable to my sisters lumia 920

At its smart price its a win for me.

• 2012-12-13 23:25
  • nGM0

Being realistic it has a crappy touch display, but the Internet speed (specially uploading) its incredible and it's cheap and looks so nice. It also has hot spot feature (for a very low price). And finally if you compare how much you are paying and what you get, it's fair.

• 2012-12-13 04:28
  • 8VJm
  • F

Not the best phone. I really on the phone for atleast 2 phone calls and about 3 texts a day. Ideally after all this battery will this the battery drains to 50%. This also happens after fully charging the phone within a 2 hours it drains to 50% .

• 2012-12-08 00:48
  • jRq1

Crap proccesor phone just sucks got for free with supertab and regret it i would rather have a non glithchylg lg rumour

• 2012-12-04 23:15
  • jnS3
Total of 250 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Motoluxe.