Motorola MPx220 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

6.9
7.0
6.9

mpx 220 is excellent .why isn't it continued ?

• 2009-01-12 03:10
  • PZHa

can someone tell me the GPRS settings for this mobile to connect internet

• 2008-12-26 12:46
  • w4Yp

> In reply to Jimmy @ 2008-04-25 08:17 from Nxsf - click to readHi,
I have been using this MPx220 from past 30 months. I feel, one of the Motorola's best cutest phone. I was using it as my Mini Office/Briefcase. Recently my home Comp. windows crashed and I had to reinstall Moto's CD as well. After fresh installation, I could able to sync. address book with my Desktop Outlook. I had more than 5 to 6 thousand SMS stored on the phone. Not sure what I did on it. Once it asked me to restart the handset. After that, it has completely vanished all my messages and since then whenever restart the handset, no SMSs stays in any of my folders. I also noticed there is a Messaging folder consisting of 7000 fies with zero in size. Please assist me... (I came to know my Desktop was infected with many Trojans). Does this smartphone affected by any viruses? If yes, how to scan it?

• 2008-12-25 20:04
  • vGuu

> In reply to Risper akinyi @ 2008-10-09 15:59 from ftVP - click to readHi Risper akiyini,
one thing that can be done is to reset the phone but take the back up of files in the phonew as it erases the whole phone meory .Remove the memory card if installed and switch of the phone and later on switch on the phone by pressing the select button(circular blue one) and follow the instructions it will reset the phone almost all the issues with MPX220 will be resolved .I used to own one but lost it loved this phone but reallly miss this one.

• 2008-11-14 05:42
  • waZ8

Hi
i own a motorola mpx220 for a month now but it i switched it off inorder to charge the battery fully. after put it on for use it lost its network completely pls advise i really love my phone.

• 2008-10-09 15:59
  • ftVP

Thats the flat cabel...

• 2008-07-07 13:59
  • 0xYx

I have tried the 3125, Ming, Shadow, Tilt, sidekick, n95, iPhone, Touch, and this phone is still by far the best phone I the have ever owned. Great reception and voice quality. It seems all the smartphone makers have forgotten no matter how many features they add the most important thing is being a good phone! Had it 3 years and still the one I choose to carry in my pocket!! If Motorola added 3G, a bit more memory, and a better camera, this phone would be their savior!!

• 2008-06-21 18:04
  • 41Fb

> In reply to Jimmy @ 2008-04-25 08:17 from Nxsf - click to readHey I just bought this phone off of ebay. do you think you can email me the rom upgrade if you still have it.

Thanks

• 2008-05-29 00:57
  • YHNx

i have this phone almost a year and a half, i wanted to know that after times have past with my phone now the fotocamera and video doesn't work anymore on its monitor shows that an error and cannot capture the image.... why is it?

• 2008-04-25 21:07
  • 0MQc

The MPX220 was a problematic phone with the original rom installed. I purchased mine in the USA and it had a variety of issues. However after extensive research on my behalf I managed to gather information and software that solved all the phone's problems.I live in South Africa now and have helped Motorola SA solve their problems with the MPX220.My phone works perfectly with no problems at all. You are welcome to contact me and I will gladly share the info.

• 2008-04-25 08:17
  • Nxsf

Have this for 3 years now. The speaker malfunctions for about 6 months now, have to use speakerphone. Sometimes it can hang when there's incoming call, so it needs to be restarted maybe once every 1-3 days. Overall, this is still a quite good phone to use. Sms-ing is easy, I like the keypads. Design is also cool.

• 2008-04-03 16:06
  • M6V%

I have the mpx 4 three years now it works well no problems at all however i do need new face mask do to my dropping and kicking the phone any idea where i can buy new face i have the nokia n-95 however if the moto heave the GPS and wi-fi i will be using the moto

• 2008-02-11 18:29
  • q{2{

had this fone for about 2 years now.. works well... but alot of problems over the time.. i took it apart many times to fix different issues with it.. dont get it if u dont want to work on it

• 2008-02-05 18:13
  • GaQc

How do I keep the flash opened at Moto mpx22o ????pls help me

• 2008-02-05 13:24
  • pkYF

still a gorgeous looking clamshell and wish they would bring it out again with up to date spec

• 2007-11-27 20:09
  • nFR9

bad phone.........

• 2007-11-25 18:32
  • 2Tb6

such an useless phone.the most disgusting feeling i have ever felt is by using this phone....this phone alone can alone spoil the reputation of motorola...

• 2007-11-25 18:26
  • 2Tb6

For the past 2 years I obsessed about getting this phone but up until recently the prices haven't dropped. So i finally purchased the phone! Needless to say, I wish I picked another phone to obsess over. the phone is very appealing on the out and inside and the display is very appealing as well, but the 'goodies' stop there. Horrible sound quality coupled with low max volume is a big deal to me (Although the stereo headset was quite clear and loud with WMP10 [Asian ROM]) Like all Microsoft products, to do something as simple as setting a custom ring tone you have to go through 10 somewhat unnecessary tasks (if you can even hear it ring, yes, its that bad on max volume) The camera no longer works on mine and when it did, less-than VGA images were the result of a 1.23MP camera, the flash feature is a joke. My Data/Charger port is flaky, working only when it decides to (Acclaimed to poor build quality) My screen got really glitchy to, started scrambling up and only worked when you pushed on the screen a certain way. GPRS packet data? slower than dial-up on a full-size computer make internet browsing painful. I do however like the keypad setup and the vibration feature (The most powerful vibration I've ever seen in a phone, really good for getting your attention. Over all, the phone isn't worth looking at unless someone gives it to you or you pick it up for the price of a candy bar. I'll stick with my old Nokia 3220 over this pile anyday.

• 2007-11-10 22:44
  • k1BJ

I loved this phone, while it lasted. The design was simple, and at the time was the closest thing I could get to a Japanese style phone. Eventually the connections started to fail and the phone was pretty much useless. After two bad experiences with Motorola's poor build, I'll never buy one again.

• 2007-10-18 10:23
  • kSmI

i bought an mpx220 in 2003 and after 3 weeks of having this beautiful phone it began to give trouble, (manufactures defect. i paid tt$3,000.00 for the phone only to realise that i will not beable to use it again because it was a defected one. i was upset with the company that i bought it from and was never given any compensation or exchange on the phone.
i think that motorola owe me big time!!!
what do you think

• 2007-10-11 20:12
  • PvWi
Total of 593 user reviews and opinions for Motorola MPx220.