Motorola MPx220 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

6.9
7.0
6.9

I bought a Motorola MPx220,in India in June 2007, from SBI card offer. Within 2 wks the set developed some snag and the display disappeared. On contacting Motorola, they expressed inability to help, and State Bank Of India refused to help, as this model is not launched in India but is being sold officially. I warn you all,BEWARE OF THEDUEL POLICIES. IF YOU BUY IT YOU"VE HAD IT!!!

• 2007-09-20 09:08
  • vGii

Help....
Can someone , any body please please tell me how to put my favorites on the 1st page instead of the current page under start which currently begins with #1 messaging and ends with #6 call history then #9 more. I really don't use many of the options within this phone and I,m really seeking an easier way to get to my preferences. Thanks

• 2007-09-20 00:14
  • qJc7

Files transfered with bluetooth are stored in My Documents/FTP. Good Luck !!!

• 2007-09-14 13:07
  • iJP3

Have had this phone for 2 years, best phone I have ever owned. My trusty old mpx was getting a little beat up, so I went phone shopping. After looking at what ATT and T-Mo had to offer, I didn't find a phone I liked better. The Tmo-wing was nice, but a little bulky. The 3125 is similar, but alot more pricy.

I just ordered a new mpx off ebay at a great price and didn't have to commit to a new contract.

Too bad there isn't a WM5 ROM available, with the 1.49 ROM, WM 03 works perfectly. There is such a wide range of software available for this phone, even a few years after it was introduced you be hard pressed to find a clam smart phone that does it better than the mpx.

I strongly suggest "Core Video Player", as it will play almost any video thown at it along with a wide range of audio formats. Other great software include "Google Maps", "Tone Setter", "CommMan", "AlarmSet", "1-Calc Lite", and the list goes on... If your into games try "6th Gear", "Kevtris", "SmarTris", "Wolfstien 3d", "Snake", "SPInvader", "SPVMan", "ChessGenius", "Smoresoft Sudoku" and many more ( all free ).

Chat using AIM, Yahoo, MSN.. plus even push mail if you want to do things ala blackberry. With all the free software available for this phone, it has become my all time favorite. If only they re-release this phone with a 2+ MP camera, it would be the perfect phone. If you can find it for under $80USD new like I did, there is not a phone anywhere that packs more bang for the buck...

• 2007-09-14 07:18
  • 41Fb

can any 1 tell me rom where can i download free driver for my this mobile set. plz help if possible. i lost my orizinal cd..

• 2007-09-04 14:17
  • PGxB

hey guys

well can any body tell me where i can find those files which i transfer in my mpx 220 with blue tooth(where they will be) like i put one windows application
remember
i m not using mini sd card ri8 now
plz helppppppppppppppppp

• 2007-08-22 14:07
  • PVHr

this phone is great but i have to charge it too often, and i hate when you want to open a program it frezzes up a bit.. but the phone is great has great features.. basically an internet phone

• 2007-07-27 14:28
  • PvWF

install xbar3, great task switch application. You won't even know it's there. You can put some shortcuts in it, switch applications, terminate apps, select text, copy, paste...

It helped me a lot. I used to open 4-5 apps, so battery and memory suffered.

• 2007-07-25 10:49
  • mnSw

I have two of them ( dont ask why ) The fone is realy good, nice look, good specs,But i hate tht if u have to much applications open that the fone sticks a bit

• 2007-07-08 17:34
  • PvWi

hello.. may I use a 2gb expansive card or it won't work??

• 2007-07-03 01:34
  • P05F

This is like the best phone i have eva used. used it up till a couple days ago. if u r quite careless and rugged like me i advice u get it.
me n dis fone have been thru a lot, countless falls(real bad) and d oda day, believe dis or not, i was up on the 4th floor of a building n d phone fell(flip open) all d way down to d pavement. the screen cracked, and the microphone seems to be out but, i can still listen to music make calls wif a headset n do everything i always did.
dis is a great durable fone i advice u get it dat is if u aint lookin for a good picture taker, cuz truly even thou this is one of the best fones around d camera sucks real bad.

• 2007-06-18 23:51
  • mtvc

Do you want some apps, roms, games and more? please visit this blog, and download a cool pack.

• 2007-06-06 06:33
  • PwM0

2005

• 2007-05-25 19:33
  • prjC

Is there Windows 20005 for this mobil,if soo please give me the link for download!!
Tnx

• 2007-05-25 19:19
  • prjC

"is it possible to somehow record a phone call with this phone? thank you."

use some sound recorder software. here's the site with lots of free software to download for your mpx220

• 2007-05-09 09:14
  • mnSw

to upgrade to the latest version of rom you need motorola upgrade wizard (1.8.5 is the latest version), rom you want to upgrade to (difficult to find, it took me 3 days to find 3.53 asian), usb cable. You have plenty of how-to's on the net, use google or other search engine.

• 2007-05-09 09:00
  • mnSw

"does it snap when it opens/closes"

yeah it does, very loudly. But I don't mind. The mechanism is very sturdy and reliable

• 2007-05-03 10:38
  • mnSw

great phone , can any one help me with stereo head phones as my cell came with out the head phones.
which soft wares can be installded on it . i dont play games on it at all.
how can i upgrade it to the latest softwares .
whats ram 1.53?
tell me whatever one can do with this phone . am using it fr last one and half years and am over ly satisfied with it . kindly help me out am fron pune ,maharashtra,india

• 2007-04-26 13:48
  • 2S$4

ive had mine for about 2 years and altho it has had usual crashes but very little its served me great..I cant help anyone on specific problems with hardware because ive had no probs and upgrading the software wen needed has kept things going..Am using smartmovie to play avi files & have found plenty of pop vids on net for free but you hav to adjust lip sync to get it right & it comes with adjuster.The batt is exhausted so its time to get a new one sometimebut if you find one it shud do all the basics with ease

• 2007-03-31 20:24
  • nE21

Hi, I need help!
My MPX screen doesn't works well, when I open it display has lightning and everything but I can't see anything because picture is scrambled.
I think that the problem is flex cable.
When I push above the keyboard onto housing,upper left corner, then everything is ok.
can anyone help?

• 2007-03-22 10:38
  • E0nR
Total of 593 user reviews and opinions for Motorola MPx220.