Motorola Photon 4G MB855 - user opinions and reviews

1019850

7.6
7.7
7.7

> In reply to yeahbabyman @ 2011-09-04 15:41 from v87X - click to readit has gorilla glass with dual anti-reflective display and the interface is called motorola application platform. is the improved version of the Motoblur

• 2011-09-06 22:07
  • gx3D

After months of waiting for a good mobile (HP pre 3 or nokia N9) and after dozens on hours of watching phones reviews, I ordered this phone from US (I live in Germany). I have it since 2 days so I had some time to test it and to play around. I have to say that I'm absolutely happy with this phone, is one of the best! No lag, no reboot problem or battery warming up, it does't freeze or anything else (as I read from some people). On Wi-fi is super-fast and on 3G is ok (O2 network). It has a radio, the volume is very loud that I cannot even listen music at maximum in the ear-phones as I used to with my old mobile.
I am on-line every day with it on Skype (it doesn't support video call yet), yahoo messenger, mail, facebook and sipgate. (finally my dreams come true to have all of them on one device and to be able still to use that device!).
Right now I charge the battery once per day but with heavy usage (install and uninstall apps, play music, web browsing and some skype calls). But I think the battery is quite solid and I hope after I will get used with the device I will have at least 2 days of battery life.
The build quality is excellent, the display is very bright and clear and feels good holding in the hand. The Motorola interface works like a charm and you can download any time all kind of widgets to make it look cool. I wouldn't recomand a phone with more than 4.3' display because is not comfortable to hold it in your hands while typing (this happens to me also sometimes with this phone).
The only thing that I don't like to android is that you are not able to sync your yahoo calendar with the phone (me and most of romanians are using a lot yahoo).
I give this phone 9.5 from 10 because works flawless.

• 2011-09-06 21:54
  • gx3D

> In reply to Alomary @ 2011-09-04 09:13 from 3ZIk - click to readi think u can use unlock all world
cuse it is gsm phone

• 2011-09-04 17:53
  • dQAB

is this gorilla glass? does it have moto blur?
it is not clearly stated in the specs sheet...
thanks for clarifying

• 2011-09-04 15:41
  • v87X

Hi:
can this phone work in the middle east or does it have To be unlocked or something?
Because I wanna order one and I want to make sure that it works.

• 2011-09-04 09:13
  • 3ZIk

> In reply to Matt @ 2011-08-31 21:37 from q{pP - click to readNo you have to unlocked if you are gonna use it in USA GSM/3G/CDMA Unlocked phone worldphone unlocked

• 2011-09-04 08:07
  • PtWa

Hi:
will this device work in the middle east? or does it have to be unlocked or something?
because I wanna make sure before I order one.
please answer.

• 2011-09-03 20:16
  • 3ZIk

Can this work in uk and where to buy it?

• 2011-08-31 22:26
  • mx4K

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-30 07:11 from dQAY - click to readYou can get it unlocked, no?

• 2011-08-31 21:37
  • q{pP

but
why just for sprint !!!!

• 2011-08-30 07:11

awsome

• 2011-08-30 07:08
  • dQAY

> In reply to Darkcram @ 2011-08-25 00:02 from PtWa - click to read i have used atrix the same tegra phone. but was very disappointed with that moto blur causing all the problems to my phone and changed to sensation. i had number of problems with atrix. but its very good for gaming. think like this htc making dual core phone with less ram and looks more stable with 3d transactions than moto blur with 1 gb ram.

• 2011-08-29 08:15
  • vGj0

I'm going to order one.
But the supplier said the original earphones is not included in the box...
Anyone pls let me know it is sure/not...

Thanks...

• 2011-08-28 07:27
  • PSce

Using the phone for a week now i should say i am a big fan. When connected om wifi the phone is very fast. Trying to get some nice software loaded on the phone. I should say MOTOBLUR is not as good as htc sense ui interface.

• 2011-08-28 05:19
  • qI0a

This phone has a built kn fm radio. Please update the specification.

• 2011-08-28 05:14
  • qI0a

100 time beter than galaxy2 or ....
well done moto

• 2011-08-27 16:10
  • dQAY

this phone is better than poor shining plastic phones that some companies make.

• 2011-08-27 02:29
  • 39EU

Yeh, this handset is available to buy in Australia and will work with local GSM networks on both 2G and 3G mode.

It just does not support GSM/UMTS 900Mhz frequency so all you need to do is just check what frequencies your local provider operates on.

• 2011-08-26 08:19
  • IaHa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-22 11:50 from iicG - click to readGet out
Layr

• 2011-08-25 21:42
  • 9xr$

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-22 11:50 from iicG - click to readyou have not had this photon yet dude i come from a galaxy 2 and resolution is better much better in this motorola camera is quite nice much btter than sensasion in sound and quality even at 720p

• 2011-08-25 00:02
  • PtWa
Total of 502 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Photon 4G MB855.