Motorola Photon 4G MB855 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.8
7.8
7.9

> In reply to anton-indonesia @ 2011-10-06 17:43 from tA$7 - click to readHi I saw your post earlier,I'm wondering if you have a site that sells motorola photon and can ship here in the Philippines.all sites on eBay are from the us and uk.thanks

• 2011-10-12 02:51
  • TSFr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-22 13:06 from 9xYT - click to readdon't worry, most likely you will see at least dozens more review on Nokia phones, including low-end ones, before you ever see another Motorola phone review here.

• 2011-10-11 02:46
  • Er2M

> In reply to Photon FTW @ 2011-09-14 02:06 from 3iK1 - click to readI just bought the XPRT from Sprint and the phone is unlocked, except if you try to use an AT&T or T-mobile SIM within US, then it won't work.

• 2011-10-11 02:32
  • Er2M

> In reply to PHONE SUCKS @ 2011-10-08 17:00 from TiA1 - click to readThe picture quality is bad because the resolution of phone is way above what is you have loaded. If the phone resolution were bad it would show up on the camera. Load high resolution pics and see the difference. Thia is the best phone in the market as of Today. Three cheers to motorola. They are really catching the pulse.

• 2011-10-10 05:29
  • v{N%

> In reply to PHONE SUCKS @ 2011-10-08 17:00 from TiA1 - click to readI never had problems with android Market. It is true, the phone is trying to connect on Sprint, but only when you turn it on and this was really annoying for me. But I found a fix for this: I root the phone and uninstalled the Sprint apps, and change the booting animation. Now it behaves as an unbranded phone and my impresion is that runs much better without Sprint apps. But remember: a phone is just a phone, you don't have to exagerate or to be so dramatic ;)

• 2011-10-10 00:33
  • gx3D

this is the bad phone i ever had it locks on sprit i cant use as market download apps ang pics quality are bad . 720p what ? thats is phone always shows u have to active with sprit once i turn it on and off! i pay $540.00 to buy it end up i am not happy with it samsung s2 much better. dont buy it motorola never make good phone!!!!!!

• 2011-10-08 17:00
  • TiA1

This is the best hand set with excellent features, resolatio,,n is outstanding, way better than sgs II.

• 2011-10-07 16:56
  • PUMv

I think all motorola photon which sales on ebay are unlocked, that's for gsm band.
For Cdma, i'm sure it's locked. U need a spc code to unlock d cdma band, so u could use 3g evdo or 4g wimax. I'm living in indonesia, and lot of android seller offers motorola photon here, which is offcourse unlocked to.
I think this phone way better than sgs ii, coz of the flexibility to switch gsm and cdma band.
Here in indonesia, internet network are so poor. Local gsm provider couldn't give u fast connection at low price. However cdma provider could give me unlimited data plan for low price. So i think this phone is perfect for.me.

• 2011-10-06 17:43
  • tA$7

> In reply to prettykittyco @ 2011-09-22 02:48 from 4S8K - click to readHow can I obtain the phone in Namibia, Demo please.

• 2011-09-27 17:51
  • fssH

hi guys! i would like to get this phone but its still not available in the philippines. and im also bothered if it will work here, so i sure can use some help.thanks

• 2011-09-24 10:56
  • vxrU

this is a fabulous phone.can it work in africa?particularly in kenya?

• 2011-09-23 17:27
  • fnbr

> In reply to prettykittyco @ 2011-09-22 02:48 from 4S8K - click to readLink me the link please of your Motorola Photon, Is it in Ebay?

• 2011-09-22 16:27
  • 3iK1

> In reply to Photon FTW @ 2011-09-14 02:01 from 3iK1 - click to readI have a photon for sale

• 2011-09-22 02:48
  • 4S8K

awesome phone, I have a brand new one that I need to sell

• 2011-09-22 02:41
  • 4S8K

> In reply to Baars @ 2011-09-19 17:03 from nQKS - click to readYou can choose in the mobile network settings: Sprint only, Any CDMA, Any GSM/UMTS, Automatic. So, the GSM and the CDMA are both unlocked. The phones comes unlocked from the factory, you don't have unlock or to root it, unless you want some custom firmware. Cheers :)

• 2011-09-21 15:08
  • 52rj

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-19 00:44 from gx3D - click to readIt comes unlocked automatic to all phones?!

• 2011-09-19 18:49
  • 3iK1

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-19 00:44 from gx3D - click to readHi Knick Knack.
Thank you for your elaborate and detailed answer. I will still consider the Photon unless something better comes up soon, but I would prefer a "neutral" phone which is not tied to a particular carrier. I understand that your phone is unlocked, but, just to be sure: it is only the GSM bands, right? Can you also use it on CDMA if you go to the US or does that require a contract with Sprint?

• 2011-09-19 17:03
  • nQKS

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-19 00:44 from gx3D - click to readhey nick nack
u are realy lucky that use photon
i love this phone realy

• 2011-09-19 11:05
  • L6ZC

> In reply to Baars @ 2011-09-15 15:50 from nQDE - click to readHello Baars!
First, I should writhe for everybody: THE PHONE COMES UNLOCKED, this means it will work on any network (3g and GSM for data). The phone comes with 4 sprint apps: sprint ID, Sprint Zone, sprint worldwide and mobile wallet, that you cannot uninstall unless you root your phone! I can download as many apps as I want (I do not use german keyboard, I use Perfect keyboard) from Android market, but I could install apps also form other sources. I think you will feel Sprint influence each time when you turn on the phone - it will try to connect on sprint network and you have tell it you don't want CDMA. But that's it, there is no other software branding or annoying customization. I also noticed that the wi-fi or 3g closes automatically if you don't use for a long time data (like internet or sync), I guess to save battery. The battery also last longer when connected to wi-fi instead of using 3g. The battery life depends on how many apps runs in the background, calling and notifications, but I can say I get a full day on 3g with all social networks on (Skype, Facebook, email and IM and Sipgate)
If you have any other questions I can help you to realise if this phone is suitable for you or not!

• 2011-09-19 00:44
  • gx3D

> In reply to [deleted post]Hi Erik! I am romanian, but do my PhD in Germany :) I bought this phone from ebay US and I had to pay about 300 euro. I guess you know that a phone like this in Germany is more than 500 euro. I have first month of warranty with the phone replaced or the money back, and after one month you are on your own, you have to contact motorola if you have any problems with the phone. I know this sucks, but photon is great and in one month you have time to realise if it has some problems and you should keep it or not. It's up to you, but you need any other help I can give you my e-mail adress.
Cheers

• 2011-09-19 00:15
  • gx3D
Total of 565 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Photon 4G MB855.