Motorola Photon 4G MB855 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.8
7.8
7.9

this is a fabulous phone.can it work in africa?particularly in kenya?

• 2011-09-23 17:27
  • fnbr

> In reply to prettykittyco @ 2011-09-22 02:48 from 4S8K - click to readLink me the link please of your Motorola Photon, Is it in Ebay?

• 2011-09-22 16:27
  • 3iK1

> In reply to Photon FTW @ 2011-09-14 02:01 from 3iK1 - click to readI have a photon for sale

• 2011-09-22 02:48
  • 4S8K

awesome phone, I have a brand new one that I need to sell

• 2011-09-22 02:41
  • 4S8K

> In reply to Baars @ 2011-09-19 17:03 from nQKS - click to readYou can choose in the mobile network settings: Sprint only, Any CDMA, Any GSM/UMTS, Automatic. So, the GSM and the CDMA are both unlocked. The phones comes unlocked from the factory, you don't have unlock or to root it, unless you want some custom firmware. Cheers :)

• 2011-09-21 15:08
  • 52rj

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-19 00:44 from gx3D - click to readIt comes unlocked automatic to all phones?!

• 2011-09-19 18:49
  • 3iK1

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-19 00:44 from gx3D - click to readHi Knick Knack.
Thank you for your elaborate and detailed answer. I will still consider the Photon unless something better comes up soon, but I would prefer a "neutral" phone which is not tied to a particular carrier. I understand that your phone is unlocked, but, just to be sure: it is only the GSM bands, right? Can you also use it on CDMA if you go to the US or does that require a contract with Sprint?

• 2011-09-19 17:03
  • nQKS

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-19 00:44 from gx3D - click to readhey nick nack
u are realy lucky that use photon
i love this phone realy

• 2011-09-19 11:05
  • L6ZC

> In reply to Baars @ 2011-09-15 15:50 from nQDE - click to readHello Baars!
First, I should writhe for everybody: THE PHONE COMES UNLOCKED, this means it will work on any network (3g and GSM for data). The phone comes with 4 sprint apps: sprint ID, Sprint Zone, sprint worldwide and mobile wallet, that you cannot uninstall unless you root your phone! I can download as many apps as I want (I do not use german keyboard, I use Perfect keyboard) from Android market, but I could install apps also form other sources. I think you will feel Sprint influence each time when you turn on the phone - it will try to connect on sprint network and you have tell it you don't want CDMA. But that's it, there is no other software branding or annoying customization. I also noticed that the wi-fi or 3g closes automatically if you don't use for a long time data (like internet or sync), I guess to save battery. The battery also last longer when connected to wi-fi instead of using 3g. The battery life depends on how many apps runs in the background, calling and notifications, but I can say I get a full day on 3g with all social networks on (Skype, Facebook, email and IM and Sipgate)
If you have any other questions I can help you to realise if this phone is suitable for you or not!

• 2011-09-19 00:44
  • gx3D

> In reply to [deleted post]Hi Erik! I am romanian, but do my PhD in Germany :) I bought this phone from ebay US and I had to pay about 300 euro. I guess you know that a phone like this in Germany is more than 500 euro. I have first month of warranty with the phone replaced or the money back, and after one month you are on your own, you have to contact motorola if you have any problems with the phone. I know this sucks, but photon is great and in one month you have time to realise if it has some problems and you should keep it or not. It's up to you, but you need any other help I can give you my e-mail adress.
Cheers

• 2011-09-19 00:15
  • gx3D

motorolaaaaa

i want this phone
i live in asia

• 2011-09-17 09:25
  • Leyq

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-06 21:54 from gx3D - click to readHi Knick Knack.
This phone should be made especially for Sprint in USA. Have you had any problems by using it in Germany? Is it in some ways "tied" to Sprint? Have you tried to install some apps on it (like a German virtual keyboard)? I live in Denmark and I would also like to buy it, but not if it will give me problems here in Denmark.

• 2011-09-15 15:50
  • nQDE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-10 01:18 from qG}Z - click to readAnon if this phone is not unlocked, can i use it on Vodafone - MALTA? or it need's to be unlocked first please help me , thanks i need to be sure b4 purchasing this hug imba PHONE :)

• 2011-09-14 19:37
  • 3iK@

i hope moto make photom unlock factory for photon lover around the world

• 2011-09-14 10:45
  • LeyX

Spec sheet lists FM radio

• 2011-09-14 07:30
  • 7xaE
  • F

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-07 13:13 from 52rj - click to readHi Knick just to tell you please do you have the link of the eBay seller that you bought yours ? i really want this photon badly i found one in eBay but I'm afraid that it doesn't come unlocked and i really want it unlocked to all GSM Sim card, hope i hear from you soon as possible so i order one fast :) thanks

• 2011-09-14 02:06
  • 3iK1

> In reply to Knick Knack @ 2011-09-07 13:13 from 52rj - click to readKnick Knack do you have the link please i realy want to but this phone from ebay but im afraid that it dont come unlocked to all GSM so i just need your link of the seller so il check it out thanks alot :) hopei hear from you soon :)

• 2011-09-14 02:01
  • 3iK1

Based on the conversation I had with Moto livechat support, this phone will not be available in Middle east at all!!! and this is really bad

• 2011-09-14 00:11
  • 0mHw

I think that's an awesome phone but I would like to inquire if it works in Yemen on cdma network? thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

• 2011-09-13 12:59
  • smEx

I think this is an awesome phone but I would like to inquire if it works in Yemen with cdma? thaaaaaaaaaanks

• 2011-09-13 12:40
  • smEx
Total of 555 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Photon 4G MB855.