Motorola Photon 4G MB855 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6
7.7
7.7

How do I connect my phone to the internet in mexico,because i try connecting it and said that the wi fi is in error

• 2013-10-27 02:39
  • LqFP

i want to root this phone how can i do this

• 2013-10-21 16:06
  • utBr

i need to active my sim carte

• 2013-10-20 14:51
  • fn6S

How can I use the phone light system at night or during darkness...? please tell in detail with full functions/ systems which can be adopted

• 2013-10-19 06:35
  • 6PCn

How can I use the light system of phone at night or during darkness and which option I will used,,,??? plz tell me in detail....

• 2013-10-19 06:17
  • 6PCn

> In reply to satish @ 2013-10-06 12:46 from t1$J - click to readThis phone come with factory unlocked, just pop in any sim card and you are ready to go

• 2013-10-10 11:12
  • ibfA

i want to use motorola photon 4g sprint in india .Should i unlock it or can i use just by inserting a sim card as its a world phone.

• 2013-10-06 12:46
  • t1$J

from where i download its wallpapers so that it covers its all 7 screens ...... and what is the resolution of its default wallpaper. plzzzz tell me

• 2013-10-05 20:28
  • tZtP

dis phne is awesum d only prob it has is its battery prob

• 2013-09-30 07:34
  • U@kb

> In reply to eazekid @ 2013-09-14 01:01 from N9@T - click to readyes i have this error on my device

• 2013-09-22 23:20
  • Nk3U

I love d phone bt it doesn't allow me 2 chck my acct balance...it alwys say ussd code running

• 2013-09-14 01:01
  • N9@T

I have tried to use the software that came with fhf phone that allows one to attempt to manipulate the data and upload and download info interface, but there is an issue that has Arizona from day one: easily moving it from unternal to external storage. The only way so far has been to try to tell my ppapps to all save to the higher storage SD instead of the Internal Storage, but a number, a great number of data files including media and user files are still saved to Internal Storage and while I can simply place the external chip in an adapter and then just plug it in to a computer and then move about data as I wish, but even using the Phone Portal o using apps like AirDroid which allows control of the Main phone controls and datum from a computer or Tablet via Safari. Then, again, I can upload or download info from the phone, but not internally move it around. So the only way I can seem to manage the data by backing it up then deleting it from where I don't want it and then using data from the backup to restore data by up,lading it to those places I want specifically. Additionally the Gallery is great except for moving the images easily off of the machine by withe USB wifi or other port mediated http or https ,moving about...so can anyone tell me, I hope, that I missed something easy and important that allows for these movements without the mass upload of 6K pictures to a Gdrive or other offsite storage space, then moving them via download to a laptop and then moving the files I want to the 64 GB external drive while then leaving the internal Drive free for normal use... ... So how do the rest of you manage your data? Even with adrozip app ability to see the files and folders, but when I use it still limits me to the Internal drive while indicating the SD-EXT or the MNT/SD-EXT still leaves my with a lot of data that, again, I am moving off the phone's drive information To the laptop from the Internal Drive, ,and then physically moving them back to the external drive via SD card drive. Can I at least use the USB 2 with the MacBook Pro or iPad via WiFi to Move Data internally from the Internal Storage to the real external storage, not just a sub drive or a second sub drive that lies about being the ext drive, the one that can really be remomved, but shouldn't, should it? Why should I have to backup the entire 8 Gigs offsite then download it to the 64GB (or 32 GB chip in the past) .

So I hope that is clear enough....what is YOUR best method fo dealing with data movement/backup/removal/transferral etc. I could really use some advice as on Aug 1st when the Photon II comes out with its LTE options as LTE spreads happily across the nation with its delightfully fast Data Speeds at 10x current 4G speeds. Woot!

Well, I was going to go one about the many everythingelse about the machine that I like, since I have been fine without upgrading to JB or ICS Android OS. Still I hope the new version catches us up as much as is possible with allowing for future upgrades so the machine continues to remain a long lasting innterface with apps and other available programs as long inti the future as is possible. Also U REALLY like the ability to turn on and off the personal data info separate from the remainder of the data ... The HTC if my friend must shut down, reformat, etc. before it can encrypt anything one doesn't personally encrypt before the entire drive is encrypted. ThevPhoton allows for us to turn the data and documents, and others with the push of a button and no fuss needed otherwise, so as long as one remembers to unencrypted the removable drive before trying to move them onto a computer, then all will be good. Sigh. Now I have to find the 32 GB microSD and replace it into the phone to decrypt it so I can again remove its data to the computer, though this time have them usable!!! Sigh. I love that they are so tiny I just wish I could find them once they gr removed by ones' wife... Sigh.

Anyway, I love this phone and if anyone can help me with the data issue fix, then I will give it top marks all the way..,the kickstand is a great tool and I love using Ustream and other streaming programs with the dual cameras to broadcast my services all over the world no matter where I am...it's great! Anyway, thanks for all the other comments and tips and I really want to hear what is known about the Photon II and it's specs! And then future opinions as it is used. I will be using my 2year upgrade without trading in old phone since its a better digital camera andvHiDef Video recorder and I gave a great deal of memoir to use right now.

Photon Well Everyone!

Yours,
Rev. Perchike

• 2013-07-24 18:00
  • 4MW2

> In reply to asad @ 2013-07-20 13:49 from 6P}A - click to readI'm afraid not unless you root your phone install custom rom :)

• 2013-07-21 14:41
  • PGJR

guys i want to ask that can i upgrade my android version to 4.0 (icecream sandwich)?? As its mentioned that motorola photon 4g is not upgradable to jelly bean.

• 2013-07-20 13:49
  • 6P}A

> In reply to chandresh @ 2013-07-10 16:15 from vbTK - click to readif in US try battery warehouse

• 2013-07-19 06:51
  • kSWv

experience with this device has been wonderful and i have almost two years with it, the device is not the most aesthetic but in terms of durability and performance the device is wonderful graphics processing unit to have more than two years have run games this generation without any inconvenience and durability is wonderful, my only recommendation to any user of this device is to have the device rooted and fitted a custom rom.

• 2013-07-19 02:17
  • A2r}

> In reply to king @ 2013-07-13 17:09 from U{{i - click to readhi, i have been used this phone for 2 years plus, this phone super awesome, never freeze or lag, but the battery cant be hold more 10 hrs as its getting weaker. regarding your issue try to restore your phone, it should be fine after restore.

• 2013-07-16 08:40
  • ibfy

haiiii the most useless phone i have ever used it get hot, it restart anytime a phone call comes in, it batrey sucks, its a useless phone am getting a new phone from samsung nextweek...hurgg

• 2013-07-13 17:09
  • U{{i

require battery for mb855

• 2013-07-10 16:15
  • vbTK

> In reply to Hibros @ 2013-06-26 16:03 from PHWi - click to readyes! go to xda

• 2013-07-07 07:08
  • jBKP
Total of 499 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Photon 4G MB855.