Motorola RAZR HD XT925 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6
7.5
7.6

Upgrade to v4.4.2 results in tons of unwanted system messages per day on MTS RU network. Looks like there is no possibility to disable this option without root access. Rollback to 4.1.2 solves the issue.

• 2015-01-19 14:50
  • MTae

It's a nice phone and everybody should get one

• 2015-01-19 11:41
  • fsT5

the phone screen cracked and am in Ghana but i dont get anywhere to fix it .... so wha do i do and i love the phone too

• 2015-01-18 15:50
  • fsWX

> In reply to Syed M Hussain @ 2015-01-02 04:29 from tZuw - click to readGo to Settings.... then About Phone... then you will see System Updates... Check For Updates.

Easy Peasy

• 2015-01-11 17:28
  • q{IK

how can i update software any ppl tell me??

• 2015-01-02 04:29
  • tZuw

look are very nice.four or apps run easily not hanging problems.

• 2015-01-02 04:23
  • tZuw

> In reply to J @ 2014-11-22 18:07 from ItZB - click to readI upgraded from Jelly Bean (4.2.3) to Kit Kat (4.4.2) and it went without a hitch. Significantly better performance. Always do the backup before an upgrade like this though!!!

• 2014-12-27 20:06
  • sfPU

hi guys
which is better performance of the battery
by personal experience not nonsense websites.
Moto G vs RAZR HD XT925 ?

thanks

• 2014-12-19 02:01
  • n{Q9

Just want to inform you that between this phone and note4 , i am going to order xt925 because i just love the design, any recommendations? ;)

• 2014-12-08 16:43
  • B}Hh

> In reply to MrMotherLoving @ 2014-11-26 14:11 from NBEi - click to readDid you try resetting the phone? Caution! You will lose all data saved on the phone.

If you do a search on "Hard Reset" for the XT925, you will get instructions for doing it. That may save your phone.

• 2014-11-26 15:25
  • x53%

> In reply to J @ 2014-11-22 18:07 from ItZB - click to readMorning,
I had the same problem, and my phone just died!
No longer booting, no power unless connected into power. I'm so sad since I just loved that phone! Best phone I had in years. I think I'll buy it again.

• 2014-11-26 14:11
  • NBEi

> In reply to kk @ 2014-11-23 04:41 from q{kt - click to read@KK. Nope. Have never rooted the phones.

• 2014-11-26 02:25
  • jbx@

> In reply to J @ 2014-11-22 18:07 from ItZB - click to readJust wondering, had you rooted any of the phones previously or not?

• 2014-11-23 04:41
  • q{kt

CAUTION: 4.4.2 Seeding in Canada

I have 2 Moto XT925s. In both instances, upgrading to 4.4.2 resulted in the phones refusing to turn-off/reboot after the upgrade UNTIL you do a complete hard factory reset and cache wipe. BEFORE you upgrade, backup your data/files.

Following the update, the feature of Hold Power button down for > 10sec for a cold reboot DOES NOT work.

Also, the skin feature that allows the calender widget to show the current date is lost. You also lose the colour feature of the signal strength meter demonstrating internet connection; when the meter is blue, it use to indicate successful connection to the internet. After the update, it is now monochrome with no indication if internet connection has been achieved.

Not aware of any other bugs/changes in function. Hopefully, there will be an update to correct these bugs.

• 2014-11-22 18:07
  • ItZB

Recent over the air seeding of Android 4.4.2 in Canada.

I've used the phone for almost 2 years. Excellent Build quality. Great screen.

Battery Life: about 1 yr into ownership, battery life was getting short mostly due to something in the software running the CPU at very high utilization. Solution, I did a factory reset and cleared the cache. Reinstalled my apps. The CPU utilization was normal again and battery life returned to essentially new state.

Memory Utilization: I usually have about 200MB free RAM out of the 1GB. I wish it had come with 2GB. Otherwise, I just make sure I kill apps that I'm not using to fee up memory.

• 2014-11-22 02:21
  • ItZB

how long have u using this phone n how did it work?

• 2014-11-17 20:02
  • N7IJ

In total lately I used the version of an insertion 4.1.2 and was tired of infinite problems, resets, and slow work. I already decided to change the phone and to buy another, but to me version 4.4.2 Here came some days I use it. Difference enormous! It as though other phone! I am happy. I decided to leave to use further. The version of my phone for Puerto Rico, but I live in Russia.

• 2014-11-05 06:54
  • 3N8k

Amazing phone, very trusty and never dies. I've had this phone for over a year and it has been my trusty companion since day 1. I put a trident case on it (similar to otterbox) and it's been almost indestructible ever since. There are 3 issues that everyone must take into consideration.
1. The battery wears after a while as all batteries do. Dont expect to be able to use this phone for 2 days straight (which i was able to do) after 6 months.
2. The wifi drops signal even when it's full strength.
3. The camera is epic during the day but sucks at night. You have to hold the phone very still to take photos at night. However video is always good.

Alltogether, i got my bang for my buck and it's still going strong!

• 2014-10-22 00:53
  • q}kg

speechless. great phone,never ending juice on one charge,previously owned Samsung/nokia/lg but this moto blows out of the water all above. great job from the moto folks

• 2014-10-09 21:26
  • jRkx

> In reply to Downgrade Required @ 2014-08-26 08:35 from uQ{9 - click to readask motorola for 4.0.4 stock rom and download RSDLite. (if you have a Samsung you should use Odin.)

you will have to search after that

• 2014-08-31 21:35
  • sXNS
Total of 342 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR HD XT925.