Motorola RAZR HD XT925 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6
7.5
7.6

> In reply to J @ 2014-11-22 18:07 from ItZB - click to readJust wondering, had you rooted any of the phones previously or not?

• 2014-11-23 04:41
  • q{kt

CAUTION: 4.4.2 Seeding in Canada

I have 2 Moto XT925s. In both instances, upgrading to 4.4.2 resulted in the phones refusing to turn-off/reboot after the upgrade UNTIL you do a complete hard factory reset and cache wipe. BEFORE you upgrade, backup your data/files.

Following the update, the feature of Hold Power button down for > 10sec for a cold reboot DOES NOT work.

Also, the skin feature that allows the calender widget to show the current date is lost. You also lose the colour feature of the signal strength meter demonstrating internet connection; when the meter is blue, it use to indicate successful connection to the internet. After the update, it is now monochrome with no indication if internet connection has been achieved.

Not aware of any other bugs/changes in function. Hopefully, there will be an update to correct these bugs.

• 2014-11-22 18:07
  • ItZB

Recent over the air seeding of Android 4.4.2 in Canada.

I've used the phone for almost 2 years. Excellent Build quality. Great screen.

Battery Life: about 1 yr into ownership, battery life was getting short mostly due to something in the software running the CPU at very high utilization. Solution, I did a factory reset and cleared the cache. Reinstalled my apps. The CPU utilization was normal again and battery life returned to essentially new state.

Memory Utilization: I usually have about 200MB free RAM out of the 1GB. I wish it had come with 2GB. Otherwise, I just make sure I kill apps that I'm not using to fee up memory.

• 2014-11-22 02:21
  • ItZB

how long have u using this phone n how did it work?

• 2014-11-17 20:02
  • N7IJ

In total lately I used the version of an insertion 4.1.2 and was tired of infinite problems, resets, and slow work. I already decided to change the phone and to buy another, but to me version 4.4.2 Here came some days I use it. Difference enormous! It as though other phone! I am happy. I decided to leave to use further. The version of my phone for Puerto Rico, but I live in Russia.

• 2014-11-05 06:54
  • 3N8k

Amazing phone, very trusty and never dies. I've had this phone for over a year and it has been my trusty companion since day 1. I put a trident case on it (similar to otterbox) and it's been almost indestructible ever since. There are 3 issues that everyone must take into consideration.
1. The battery wears after a while as all batteries do. Dont expect to be able to use this phone for 2 days straight (which i was able to do) after 6 months.
2. The wifi drops signal even when it's full strength.
3. The camera is epic during the day but sucks at night. You have to hold the phone very still to take photos at night. However video is always good.

Alltogether, i got my bang for my buck and it's still going strong!

• 2014-10-22 00:53
  • q}kg

speechless. great phone,never ending juice on one charge,previously owned Samsung/nokia/lg but this moto blows out of the water all above. great job from the moto folks

• 2014-10-09 21:26
  • jRkx

> In reply to Downgrade Required @ 2014-08-26 08:35 from uQ{9 - click to readask motorola for 4.0.4 stock rom and download RSDLite. (if you have a Samsung you should use Odin.)

you will have to search after that

• 2014-08-31 21:35
  • sXNS

I got an official update which has slowed the device down alongwith quick battery draining. I want to downgrade back to 4.0.4. Amy suggestions. I am not that tech savy to be specific.

• 2014-08-26 08:35
  • uQ{9

I've had this XT925 for almost a yr,it works pretty good in terms of browsing and messaging.The camera is nice as well,the downside of it is that it gets extremely warm,or rather hot after prolonged usage.Sometimes even if an app is open, the best from the phone can be felt.Also it only gives about 4 hrs of battery life even if not being used.Is this normal for a phone with a non- removable battery? Or is this normal for this XT 925.??? Could someone please tell me?

• 2014-08-19 15:35
  • kare

> In reply to nutech @ 2014-07-16 00:52 from 7Aij - click to read You probably got a defective unit. The average temperature of the phone is between 35 and 38ºC.

• 2014-07-18 23:04
  • PkLm

Where this phone is a great looking phone, it fails miserably after using it. The average operating temperature on the phone has been 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees F).

Spoke to Motorola support's number here in Canada, which automatically becomes the Philippines! They 'fixed' my wife's phone and mine after being sent into service here in Canada. Less than 2 weeks later, my phone continues to get hot, my wife's phone is just fine. Same Apps on the phone except I have about 14 on mine she has the same 14 + an additional 40.

Motorola service, used to be a great deal better than it is now. Had this been a different problem I would have not called them expecting to return it to their service depot a 2nd time (a month out of warranty). Their claim they would fix both phones with the heat problems, works for one and not the other... they won;t take mine back.

Motorola used to a better customer service / support when onshore.

• 2014-07-16 00:52
  • 7Aij

When come the update to kitkat ?

• 2014-07-07 13:10
  • SbW8

Awsome Touch And Cam.
with good display

• 2014-06-25 06:37
  • Mfxa

> In reply to josi_254692 @ 2014-06-03 12:12 from bCie - click to readDnt worry. If u r moto lvr thn buy it. Its a amazng phone. I also usng this phone.

• 2014-06-19 18:54
  • rJ9I

> In reply to just one @ 2014-05-24 03:02 from RbqB - click to readThen you must have poor network quality in your area and the phone struggles to get reception so it constantly needs to boost is RF transmitter. I get a full day using GPS 4 to 5 times a day with my phone. As you know GPS uses plenty battery power.

• 2014-06-04 22:21
  • rvcB

> In reply to josi_254692 @ 2014-06-03 12:12 from bCie - click to readIt is an international version. it covers all GSM bands. So you won't have a problem, just make sure it is this model XT925 not the Droid RAZR HD (XT926)which is the same thing but doesn't cover all GSM bands. It is for Verizon networks.

• 2014-06-04 22:17
  • rvcB

I'm in a plan to buy this phone(06/2014). I'm indian. Will this unlocked phone suit to all indian GSM networks. please suggest your opinion

• 2014-06-03 12:12
  • bCie

> In reply to djvita @ 2014-02-05 01:45 from 8Vne - click to readYou have a Maxx HD or normal one.?

I've the normal and can't get more than 4 hrs of screen time. I'm still on ICS though and planning to upgarade soon.

• 2014-05-25 06:15
  • uu4N

> In reply to goody @ 2014-04-03 02:46 from PB%b - click to readI have xt 925 for a few good months. Lets say that is a good phone if you know how to handle it.
First. 4G or LTE is killing the battery. Plus on T mobile the speed will not be more than 20 mb/s.
Second. It is not a hight class phone. So don' t expect too much of speed.
Third: The battery is realy good. But remember just in the morning to reboot the phone. That will close back app and you will be a very happy user.
Camera. Just install an app and wait for autofocus a few seconds.
Android. So far the best is cyanogenmod 11 and I tried all of them. I mean All the custom roms for this phone.
Good stuff. Don' t worry if you by mistake drop it.

• 2014-05-24 03:02
  • RbqB
Total of 330 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR HD XT925.