Motorola RAZR HD XT925 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6
7.5
7.6

Its a great smartphone, I came from a Galaxy s3 and an iPhone 4S and I am extremely pleased with the work that Motorola did this smatphone. Fast, great screen quality and battery good durability, not to mention the quality of the material it is made. I recommend.

• 2013-02-08 00:20
  • JqnT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-25 21:32 from bJeA - click to readhey mate this phone may not launch in india i already having two of razr hd's if any contact me or fb.com/makkapatiharsha for any assistant regarding Motorola happy to help!

• 2013-02-06 15:56
  • ut3y

> In reply to Ton Werty @ 2013-02-04 21:53 from JuxY - click to readNo, not Intel. It's the Qualcomm Krait CPU and Adreno GPU

• 2013-02-05 13:02
  • 5i4e

Please add more information of the processor and chipset and gpu!!! is Intel or no?

• 2013-02-04 21:53
  • JuxY

> In reply to queqqo @ 2013-01-27 03:38 from 0F9K - click to readYou can but they would have to remove some screws and solder some parts around to accommodate the bigger battery. But it will cost you an arm and a leg since it would run 120 on ebay plus labor when you bring it to a phone store so your looking at least 200 after taxes.

• 2013-02-01 02:56
  • 45{X

Ok Ive had this phone for a month through Telcel in Mexico
Design: Ive always considered myself to have small hands. I first thought that the phone would be too big for me...nut i can do one handed use (my thub reaches the other side of the screen) and it fits in all my pockets. Construction is great GG, kevlar looks still like brand new no scratches and i have a pvc bumper wich will etenalize my phone. The thing I didnt like were the on-screen controls there is more than enough space at the bottom to put physical capacitative buttons. I wonder why moto left it out its a waste of space..... My phone came bundled with a 16GB card and im thnkful for it as i will explain later

Screen: Jaggedness my ass gsmarena is overly critical in camera quality and screen. I cant see individual pixels even if i put my nose to the screen. I read pdfs on my phone (ezpdf is the best) and there is no pixelization on it. Colors are good. Screen is bright but slightly reflective, if I´m in direct sunlight I have to see the screen at an angle.

UI/OS: ICS is good i have a couple of widgets and launches. smart actions is great for putting settings like battery saving and night mode. i put as default gallery Quickpic app cuz the stock os wont play gifs and some images wouldnt fit to screen. Video player i placed as defauklt mxVideo cuz it woulnt play heavy files or xVid.
APP2SD DOESNT WORK! I investigated and I foudn out why and it explains many things like my previous sentence. It seems that ICS on, Google stopped trying to pay M$ licencing for their formats FAT32 and XVid. So the internal memory has a foldel called /sdcard in which all main data like apps misuc downloads are. the internal mem cant be recognized by the computer as a usb mass storage cuz its not fat32 format (try to format it and you brick the phone; thats M$ licencing!) Sammy pays M$ and so their galaxys can be used a s mass storage and pass the apps to the SD. Fortunately, we have an microSD card, so i put my personal files in that and left the internal mem to sotre apps i cant move App2SD says the sd is emulated and cant move them....
just to note i have this much avail storage: 3.76 GB internal memory 1.84Gb left on my SD card.
SMALL LAG when typing kind of like waht happens in word so theres no biggie there.

Apps/Benchmarks
Quadrant: 4772
Antutu: 9918
All apps work. I have a galaxy ace too and i hated seeing not compatible for your phone so thats why I got a flagship....every app ive downloaded works. gaming: vice city, nfs most wanted, nova3 mass effect they all run sure the phone gets toasty after 20 min and the battery runs dry in 6 hours but ive noticed no lag in those apps at all. i have all my needs in facebook viber pdf readers emulators and i enjoy using it all day long.

Music: loudspeaker is LOUD. stereo quality sound to it. Heaphones still much the same and good sound.

CAMERA: man, people are overly critical on this. noise color saturation bs. TL;DR camera is great, imaeges do come sharp and are very decent. if its one thing that phones have improved, its camera quality sometimes i think its the person taking the pic moving while the phone is taking a shot.....all my pics have been fine even taking macro shots of project progress on paper and sahring them on dropbox (zooming in no loss of quality at all no pixelization) i´ve always used auto setting and this is coming from someone who had a Nokia N8.....

Baterry life: if i use it moderately (download documents from work, texts 40min calls 3 hours on wifi/LTE, music and most of the day idle) from 830am o 10 pm yesterday i had 47% left. even for toady that i went to 9gag and saw memes im down to 90% battery is great!

overall score 9.5/10

• 2013-01-29 17:00
  • 9yxS

Hi, do you think guys is possible to put the razr maxx HD battery into this phone (3300mah), and improve the battery life this way?

• 2013-01-27 03:38
  • 0F9K

> In reply to daft h @ 2013-01-15 15:47 from Xr$m - click to readU lier, 2 days running and batt goes on... U say 8 to 10 hours, then u must let something drainning the batt, otherwise it should be different! I have my xt925 for about 4 months and it does a great job about the batt. I think it will be better when JB update comes to my phone (brazil). That's an excellent smartphone, and does a good job when it comes to batt life!

• 2013-01-25 12:52
  • LpLV

> In reply to daft h @ 2013-01-15 15:47 from Xr$m - click to readMuch depends on what your usage is exactly, constantly streaming vids? facebook? what? make sure you dont have any apps or email accounts set to auto update or auto sync, make sure they are set to manual update or manual sync. I'm sure there's an app out there to check why your battery is draining so fast, mine lasts 4 days, sometimes 3 days and my wifi and bluetooth are always on.

• 2013-01-23 05:49
  • q{IS

> In reply to DeepakKewl @ 2012-12-30 14:24 from q{iv - click to readThe power control widget gives you the gps, blue tooth, brightness control give it a try

• 2013-01-22 10:30
  • wf5p

Hi guys, I have a question:All the Motorola phones are assembled in China? I searched about this, but I couldn't find a good answer. The phones on the images are assembled in China. The problem is I don't really trust them, and I am not the only one. It's strange that when I buy a Motorola, in fact I will get a Chinese phone. Because Motorola is an American company, all their phones should be made in America.

• 2013-01-21 23:10
  • 0UuG

> In reply to daft h @ 2013-01-15 15:47 from Xr$m - click to readIf your wi-fi is always on and actually runs active, not just idle. Then battery will drop in an instant.

Check your apps and app settings. Perhaps your facebook is set to continous updates, or everey minute or something. Things like that will drain the battery very quickly.

• 2013-01-16 15:52
  • 5i4e

I have an razr hd and it get the jellybean update. The phone is much better than the iphone 5. Battery runs up to 2 days of a lot wifi, 3g and gaming, but you need to configure the excelente smart actions do reach this batt time.

• 2013-01-16 00:10
  • 8Ram

> In reply to Cain Jenkins @ 2013-01-10 05:34 from q{IS - click to readI have to disagree with that I've only had my RAZR HD for 5 days and gotta say battery life is really bad only get like 8- 10 hours of usage on the lowest brightness WiFi on with 3g network I dunno if its the phone but if you have a method to keep good battery life on the RAZR HD its appreciated if you do tell us cause. I'm gonna take the phone back cause I'm scared to use youtube,message or even turn it on its really bad what's the point of the phone I guess

• 2013-01-15 15:47
  • Xr$m

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-11 22:31 from Y94x - click to readGot my phone from Germany.. upgraded recently..

• 2013-01-15 03:34
  • fCTQ

> In reply to Winnie @ 2013-01-11 04:19 from bENR - click to readwere are you located, i dont think canada has jelly bean yet. any issues with the blue screen problem.

• 2013-01-12 03:12
  • YcpR

> In reply to Winnie @ 2013-01-11 04:19 from bENR - click to readyou can download FM radio from android market

• 2013-01-11 22:31
  • Y94x

I love the razr HD.. upgraded to JB awesome experience.. only and biggest grouse that I have is the lack of FM radio.. a real let down for me.. i thought it was a basic feature and did not even bother checking before buying.. but overall a very good buy

• 2013-01-11 04:19
  • bENR

I love the battery life its so freakin awesome. Using the internet is so fast and clean plus the screen is bright with beautiful rich colors. I'm so very satisfied with my RAZR HD.

• 2013-01-10 05:34
  • q{IS
Total of 342 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR HD XT925.