Motorola RAZR i XT890 - user opinions and reviews

2008261

7.8
7.7
7.8

I love this phone but why will itnot play videos in hd on youtube, it doesn't even go higher than 360p

• 2015-02-28 11:22
  • mqJj

Official update for 4.4.2?

• 2015-02-25 02:29
  • p3LE

> In reply to linda @ 2015-02-10 23:33 from nxkc - click to readMobile update

• 2015-02-18 23:23
  • 6Q9x

This device ( Brazilian model ) works in Irlanda ?

• 2015-02-13 15:09
  • L3Ga

@Ryan- Even I faced similar issue.
I used this phone for 2 years and suddenly it switched off.
I have just tried to restart it and it is not going past the Motorola logo and I can't turn it off again. Must wait until battery drains out and switches off.

• 2015-02-11 19:03
  • uvL2
  • hacked off customer
  • Rating0

The phone has become buggy & slow over time.
This is my fifth (and last!) Motorola phone.

Customer service and technical help are non existent as is the KitKat upgrade.

• 2015-02-11 12:04
  • sX40

> In reply to Ryan @ 2015-01-04 09:54 from m5uc - click to readI have exactly the same problem, has anyone been able to sort it out?

• 2015-02-10 23:33
  • nxkc

agree with some of the comments here. i've used other phones but i can't let go of this one. i was desperate for an upgrade and the apps that i installed only made my phone lag. i uninstalled all those crap such as antivirus apps and now my phone is lag free. kitkat launcher and texra has made my phone look cool. i simply love the razr design. this is what all smartphones should look like. i'd love to have a new 2015 version. than you motorola!!!

• 2015-01-17 05:17
  • PT}D

> In reply to Ryan @ 2015-01-04 09:54 from m5uc - click to readhi snap exactly same problem loved this phone but with problems the promissed update no more realistic than the man in the moon i bought my self a samsung galaxy s3 excellent phone the update i would not have cared about but they promised it this is why i am afraid moto will never get back to the top

• 2015-01-13 20:18
  • 0E{E

> In reply to J-Dogg @ 2015-01-03 19:00 from H5DN - click to readI've checked the xda forums and unfortunately there's not even a hint of when it's coming. They probably should have never promised us this update if they were planning on seeding it more than 2 years after its release, and more than one year after 4.4 was actually released.

• 2015-01-08 20:40
  • fvTE

I have this phone for nearly 2 years now and these past few days it has started to become very laggy. I have just tried to restart it and it has been on the Motorola logo since and I can't turn it off again or anything.

Does anyone else has this problem and how can it be sorted?

• 2015-01-04 09:54
  • m5uc

Excellent phone, although the battery barely lasts a day, even with no calls being made, but why are we STILL waiting for the long promised upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKat? This upgrade was planned at launch in Oct 2012 and was announced as being rolled out in Feb 2014, yet we are now being told that it is still in beta testing, will we ever get this upgrade?

• 2015-01-03 19:00
  • H5DN

Might be the best phone overall since touchscreen,if all those buying expensive/cheap new phones knew what they are missing out on,ebay stock would run out very fast. I just cannot see me replacing it now on my 3rd year with the phone.

• 2014-12-30 10:41
  • n2GD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-31 19:55 from 8Zv} - click to readAm so impressed with most of the opinions, i think its just fair to give credit where it is due. i love motorola products. Thumbs up motorola.

• 2014-12-17 07:01
  • NuMn

> In reply to d4rkcell @ 2014-12-16 16:36 from CYA{ - click to readSomething was wrong with you Razr I. Try to fix it with a factory reset. As you can see from all the people here, the phone is still lag-free and fast in use after 2 years.
Good luck.

• 2014-12-16 20:59
  • n2GD

the phone was great when i first got it two years ago but it soon became laggy and slow probably due to the single core chip. It got incrdibly annoying as loading the keyboard would take forever meaning i could walk from the office to the car before the keyboard would load making it incredibly annoying. nice design, nice idea shame the whole x86 intel chip thing never really took off after this.

• 2014-12-16 16:36
  • CYA{

> In reply to jaybee @ 2014-10-25 15:48 from SpAt - click to readTo Reset Factory Settings.1Sttings, 2Privacy, Factory Data Reset.

• 2014-12-10 19:27
  • m5XQ
  • F

> In reply to Samy @ 2014-12-06 01:11 from fvUb - click to readSpot on, this phone has been with me for over 2 years, and after trying out a few new higher end phones (Galaxy S4, Nokia, Iphone) its fantastic that still to this day, I do not want anything else than the good old Razr i. No lag, perfect size, dropped many times no problems, fast internet. Only the Z3 Compact would be on the list of replacements, but for 100£, you cant go wrong here. Reading magazine articles now over best phones for 2014, I would not want to spend cash on any of those, thank you Moto for the Razr I! Moto should really come out with a 2015 version, same size, even better battery, latest OS, but again whats the point if its already up there with the best?

• 2014-12-08 12:52
  • M$MT

> In reply to NickO @ 2014-11-10 20:42 from SbVc - click to readSame here. 2 years and I'm still not anxious to upgrade. Besides, something like Nova launcher can always give you the latest looks without any updates. Speaking of which, it's awful of motorola that they still haven't updated the phone OTA to 4.4. The stock apps are kinda showing their age. Its still does all everyday tasks without a hint of lag though.

If you're looking to buy a similar phone you'd be well off with a Z3 compact but it's not a huge upgrade.

• 2014-12-06 01:11
  • fvUb

> In reply to ShadyA @ 2014-10-20 07:54 from NkBt - click to readI loved this phone. It was reliable apparently unbreakable and was the fastest and most efficient appliance I owned for internet use. Unfortunately it died on me after long service. I replaced with a moto g. Equally as good on the internet but much inferior as a phone. I cannot text with any accuracy on the keyboard. Simple things such as showing the number of texts waiting on the screen don't happen with the g. I would go back to a RAZR still and I ve had the g for 3 months.

• 2014-12-03 08:08
  • DVrp
Total of 627 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR i XT890.