Motorola RAZR i XT890 - user opinions and reviews

1931683

7.8
7.7
7.8

> In reply to Samy @ 2013-05-22 03:16 from fk}P - click to readipad 3 uses powerVX543 not 544. Its the ipad 4 that uses the 544. This means that the lenovo k900 will be even better when it comes to gaming.

• 2013-05-24 20:59
  • fk}N

Such an underrated little beast this phone.

• 2013-05-24 13:23
  • fk}N

> In reply to Eisley @ 2013-05-13 23:51 from LKV7 - click to readwell, where do i start :)
I think the lenovo will be an absolute beast. However, I'm not a fan of huge phones, which is why I thought of the Xiaomi Mi-2s since its got all the goodies in a small package. Just like the Xiaomi Mi-2s, however, its availability could be very limited. This didn't stop me from getting the razr i from overseas, but it stops the phone from being a hit and getting good sales.

Judging by what I've seen from the razr i, I think the lenovo K900 will be faster than the S4 et al. Much faster, actually. Its gpu is the same as the one on my ipad 3, which performs brilliantly (better than adreno 320). The only series disadvantage for me is the stainless steel body. I had it on a nokia C7 a while ago and it heated up quite a bit and pretty poor reception.

Between the phones you've mentioned, i'd choose either the Sony or the lenovo. I'm not a fan of LG and Samsung seriously lack creativity. Xperia Z would be the beauty and the Lenovo would be the beast :)
For me, however, I'm hoping for another Moto with intel and a smaller than 5 inch screen size.

I dont know if you've heard, but samsung will release a tablet with an intel processor (tab3 10.1). This will be a major boost for intel processors. I'm hoping more and more phones will have them.

As for the memory bit, don't worry about it. I've already filled a 16gb with music, some shows and pictures and it doesnt look like it really cares.

• 2013-05-22 03:16
  • fk}P

> In reply to drunk ryder @ 2013-05-15 12:32 from nD8J - click to readI've seen a lot of other roms for it on XDA. If you're willing to root your phone, you could try them out.

• 2013-05-22 02:46
  • fk}P

> In reply to Undeadmac @ 2013-05-15 02:28 from kiPI - click to readSadly the Xphone most probably wont have an intel processor.

• 2013-05-22 02:44
  • fk}P

> In reply to williemh12 @ 2013-05-14 02:57 from QL5u - click to readsave contacts to gmail account and not sim card

• 2013-05-18 08:39
  • nUaV

HI Guys!
can anyone tell any moto dev. site who can unlock bootloader of intel xolo x900 kernel?

• 2013-05-16 19:53
  • tUdx

meh,no cyanogen mod for it but damn this phone rocks with battery life and performance,the majority of apps runs fine with the intel cpu,no regrets for purchasing it

• 2013-05-15 12:32
  • nD8J

i wish for a hd version of this, throw in intel atom dual core and its another beast like lenovo k900

• 2013-05-15 02:28
  • kiPI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-12 01:19 from NXvn - click to readI'd suggest the Xperia T as a better option.

• 2013-05-14 16:32
  • XNtq

My contacts are erasing themselves what do i need to do to prevent this to happen to me again anda again??? please help me

• 2013-05-14 02:57
  • QL5u

> In reply to M the Quiet @ 2013-05-13 06:13 from LuRL - click to readGive it a try, or send an email to the developer!

• 2013-05-14 00:02
  • LKV7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-08 23:38 from fk}S - click to readWooowwwww!!!!!!! Finaly, K900 *-*
Now all the competitors became like shaky puppies before this Intel powered steel beast!!!!!!!!! *_* GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!

It's priced from USD 699 to 730 (presale, Ebay)!! Not bad!
Gotta have it!!!!! *-*

I feel I really have to put on sale my very well conserved Xperia Pro, right now!!!!! Jajajaja! Once selled, I definitly buy this k900!!!!!

Wow, having such back up of good performance and reputation on performance on the Razr i being a single core makes this Lenovo a certainly winning bet!!
Btw, it scores 6867 in 3DMark benchmark, where the Razr i gets a good score of 2416 (and 1243 in extreme mode) Looks like the new GPU in the K900 is very good, and it moves a 1080p display. For me that's too much, I'd be happy with 720p, anyway, it's ok. The highest score in 3DMark is 11070 by Xiaomi MI-2s, the second is the SGS4 Snapdragon 600 version with 10859 :D the Exynos version got 10018. Not bad for the Lenovo k900 huh? Jaja :D I'm not a benchmarks fan, no.
Do you believe that in real-life heavy usage the Intel powered K900 could outperform the others? I do! As the Razr i could to the GS3 and others!

Ok... after getting to breath normally... Thanks for your tip. Definitly the SmartActions app has a lot of potential (and does not consume much RAM as the others like email, lwps, etc). I currently have 2 rules and working fine since lastest update! :D Will explore more its capabilities later!

Please comment on the Lenovo k900 a bit more, do you think it lacks something? I confirmed through a user that it does have MHL and microSD card slot up to 32Gb. Great!

I'd like to see a face off against the Galaxy S4 with benchmarks (Antutu, Quadrant, Epic Citadel, Passmark, and ofcourse 3dMark), and real multitasking as a video TheRazrGuy did between the Razr i and the GS3 showing real-life multitasking, switching apps and games really fast. Btw, there the Razr i did very well, even it was a noticeable steady performance not like the GS3 that slowed down a bit. I think that show us how good the Razr i RAM handling is, and it's responsiveness under heavy usage. *-*
What do you think?

I'm planning to buy this K900, I think it will cost some $ 750 (USD).
If you could pick among the Xperia Z, LG Optimos G2, GS4, and the Lenovo k900 which would you choose? and Why?

Please guys, lets comment on this :D

Btw, today I'll get my microSD card for the Razr i, I'll torture it and see how well it does :D
Can someone give me a link to a rooting guide for this device? I'd like to tune it a bit. Thank you!

- L.

• 2013-05-13 23:51
  • LKV7

Somebody knows if this phone runs Battle Bears? I've heard that some apps doesn't work because of the Intel processor

• 2013-05-13 06:13
  • LuRL

To better battery life with JB a factory reset is necessary after update.

• 2013-05-13 02:50
  • 8Rdy

> In reply to matus @ 2013-05-11 12:54 from Lftx - click to readI'm disappointed with the battery life with JB too. I haven't had any compatibility problems myself. Actually some apps only worked after JB (real racing 3 for example). Try removing and installing again. You could go back to ICS but only if you're willing to root your phone. Look it up on XDA developers.I think its just a case of releasing a fix for the phone, but the rollout for JB is still happening so it'll take time. As for the S2, this phone is way better. S2 should be getting jelly bean but dont expect it to happen before 2016. Gaming and browsing are much better on this phone too.

• 2013-05-12 01:19
  • NXvn

afaik 4.1.2 JB is totally disaster..battery life went dramatically down, some apps does not work. do anyone know when this is going to be fixed?? I was seriously considering this phone however after the 4.1.2 JB fail I think I will go for samsung galaxy s II.....

• 2013-05-11 12:54
  • Lftx

> In reply to Eisley @ 2013-05-08 19:59 from LKV7 - click to readIt may or may not happened.
If the glass surface fell FLAT on the ground, then yes. I can say it's a possibility. But the other guy said HE dropped it, and the next day sh!t started happening. You can't believe everything on the net, I did once, and bought a Nokia

• 2013-05-09 10:06
  • S9JG

> In reply to Eisley @ 2013-05-08 01:54 from LKV7 - click to readGlad you liked the phone. I certainly did.
I got 2 tips for you: 1) make the best out of smart actions, its better than any battery saving app out there, and it's not limited to battery saving actions.
2) If you find an app and the playstore says that it's incompatible, just try getting the apk from somewhere else, and you'll probably find that it works. The reason for that is that maybe the developer hasn't tested it on an intel phone.

Since you like benchmarks, I should tell you that the lenovo k9000, running on a newer intel processor, beat even the S4 in benchmark scores. I know that benchmarks aren't everything, but this just shows how much potential intel processors have. I'm probably gonna stick to an intel running phone (hopefully motorola) for my next phone too.

One thing that dissapointed me is that battery life has became noticeably shorter as the summer kicked in :)

• 2013-05-08 23:38
  • fk}S

> In reply to Anon @ 2013-05-08 12:40 from S9JG - click to readHe said "Picked it up and the screen would not work" Not "days later".

Ok. I very much like this Razr i, but it's certainly not undestructible, nor too resistant to hard floor shocks.
There is a video on YT (RAZR I RESISTENTE) where a brazilian guy, sadly, shows his Razr i with a cracked screen. He says it fell from 0.50 meters high. It's not the height, but the way it hits the hard floor what crack ANY screen.
So, I don't believe the commenter was trolling. Just pointing out a possibility. I'd like the Razr i had a place to hold a wrist belt, but as it doesn't we have to be careful, that's it.

And, it's true plastic bodies devices can resist hard shocks quite well, as its body absorbs the impact. As the Razr i is so compact, it's kinda more probable to break if it hits badly enough. So, we have to be careful.

Anyway, I very much like my Razr i, and I hope it lasts to me at least till it naturally dies... jaja. :D
Peace!

- L.

Pd: It scores 50.8 FPS (ICS) on the Epic Citadel Unreal Engine 3 benchmark mode! Cool! And all while having apps running! Awesome Intel! :D

• 2013-05-08 19:59
  • LKV7
Total of 607 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR i XT890.