Motorola RAZR i XT890 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.7
7.6
7.7

> In reply to cat tamer @ 2013-02-04 10:02 from dTQi - click to readCould you tell me if it has a querty keypad please.

• 2013-02-12 11:16
  • SpEx

> In reply to M @ 2013-01-28 18:50 from LJ7a - click to readno, i have the same issue... have you fixed it yet?

• 2013-02-08 19:03
  • Q}xI

FM radio works until you answer call/make a call. After that dreadful loud noise appears, at least on my "I"...
It's a pity :(

• 2013-02-06 06:36
  • mKdp

Hey guys, bring other good news. As we know Razr I, supports radio with the "FM radio" application. then the only weakness of razr I, is that does not support flash player. BUT i found a browser that has integrated flash player and is capable of reproducing flash player in razr I. Try it! its awesome, his name is "Puffin Web Browser" I'm not lying, is the only browser that allow me to play flash player. (without install flash player because is not possible). I tried skyfire and dolphin. which are supposed to have integrated flash player but it didnt work with them. so if you want to play flash player try with "Puffin Web Browser". (im NOT root user). I hope in the future razr I supports flash player. Maybe with the jelly bean upgrade. but for now this is my solution. There are other solutions on the web, but you have to be root user. (sorry for my bad english)

• 2013-02-04 17:06
  • LuqF

Nice phone - have had the phone for the last 5 days. Great battery life. I installed FM radio and it worked ! great XDA.

Very fast - camera wasnt so good but atleast I dont struggle and limit use just to make sure it gets the whole day. Great battery!

• 2013-02-04 13:00
  • 7XcG

Got this phone just after christmas, upgraded from motorola defy. I am very impressed with it. Have found it really easy to use and very responsive. Use it for calls, text, email and as a laptop on the move.
Can't believe how advanced it is compared to my defy.
I would highly recommend this to everyone and sing its praises from the roof tops!

• 2013-02-04 10:02
  • dTQi

JB update is seeding right now for Razr i...

• 2013-02-03 15:35
  • U{jq

hey guys,you can download "fm radio" application and u will have fm radio. i have it and it works without wifi or 3g. like a normal radio. this is because razr i have an internal chip for radio, but has no application to run it. i have "fm radio" application. I used the application in places without signal and without wifi and it works great!!! receive all local stations. you need to connect the headphones for it to work. razr i is awesome (sorry for my bad english)

• 2013-02-03 08:29
  • LuqF

> In reply to sANGAM @ 2013-02-02 10:37 from fvS% - click to readIt has radio as a hidden feature. Carriers don't like phones with radio, they want you top use MB

• 2013-02-03 05:50
  • 8V3k

This is a great phone, I have been using it since nov-2012. Is fast, actual multitask, works great on 3g, wifi. Great screen, videos look great, good sound, use it for six email accounts and get emails on time always, , also have installed more than 30 apps and all of them work great. No problem with my microSD either. Bluetooth works nice, best Motorola ever. Don´t know why most the world only think of Iphones and S3.

• 2013-02-02 19:40
  • LLCG

> In reply to sANGAM @ 2013-02-02 10:37 from fvS% - click to readtheres no radio in the official specs but theres a thread in xda developers about making the radio work without even rooting just by installing the radio app.

• 2013-02-02 19:28
  • NXu8

NO radio !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

• 2013-02-02 10:37
  • fvS%

> In reply to winsun @ 2013-02-01 09:54 from qTXq - click to readNope, not HDMI nor MHL.

• 2013-02-01 13:01
  • 5i4e

is this xt890 phone support HDMI?

• 2013-02-01 09:54
  • qTXq

> In reply to A.J 101 @ 2013-01-30 20:24 from nUh@ - click to readGet your facts straigt. if your RAZR i faulted as you described it's because of something YOU did. App, spyware, virus and so on. Otherwise it would have happend to all, and there's no reason why it would happen after 25 days and not the first day or so. Retrace your steps, find out what you did before it started to malfunction.

Secondly, you can hard reset/shutdown your phone by holding the power button and volume down for 15 seconds. After this you can start the phone in boot recovery mode to perform a complete factory reset if necessary*. Then upgade to jellybean, that update is seeding now I think.

Also, it doesn't matter if a phone is budget, middle class or high end (the RAZR i is middle class btw), all phones can malfunction if it's owner doesn't know what he or she is doing.

*How to factory reset if you can't do it in the phone menu:
1) Ensure the handset is powered off

2) Hold down the VOL DOWN and press the POWER ON key

The phone will power up in Fastboot Flash mode

3) Press the DOWN VOL until "Recovery" is highlighted, then press the VOL UP key to select.

A picture of an Android will appear in the screen witha "!" symbol

4) Press VOL UP and VOL DOWN simultaneously

A blue Android system recovery menu will appear

5) Press the VOL UP / VOL DOWN keys to highlight "wipe data/factory reset" then PRESS the POWER ON key to select.

The phone will now clear the data to factory reset which takes about a minute.

• 2013-02-01 09:48
  • 5i4e

best cellphone ever, recommended.

• 2013-01-31 06:33
  • 8FH%

> In reply to M @ 2013-01-28 18:50 from LJ7a - click to readmee tooooooo!!

• 2013-01-30 23:05
  • 8VCX

Hi, I have had my motorola razr i for 25 days and it has crashed; the geek squad at the car phone warehouse has said that it was a software fault... what actually had happened to it was that it wouldn't come up with the pass word page or home page, the only way I was getting it to work was by the camera button and even then I couldn't see the pictures that I and my friends had took. The worst thing was when it went wrong was the fact that I could NOT turn it off, because I couldn't take out the battery.
Overall, my conclusion is that if my motorola razr i went wrong with a software fault within 25 days of having it, that is very bad for a high end phone.

• 2013-01-30 20:24
  • nUh@

> In reply to Adriana1 @ 2013-01-20 10:08 from wr1i - click to readHard to say, that depends on Motorola. It seems this model won't come to Indonesia. But, nobody knows later.

• 2013-01-29 15:39
  • Kx03

> In reply to M @ 2013-01-28 18:50 from LJ7a - click to readi havent tried these games tbh but 95% of the games i searched for were compatible. You might wanna leave a comment in the store so the developers take notice.

• 2013-01-29 03:15
  • fnJ0
Total of 554 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR i XT890.