Motorola RAZR i XT890 - user opinions and reviews

7.9

kit Kat 4.4.2 release

• 2015-03-12 15:09
  • fDvS

This phone is really mire than 1 cm thick. As actually all droids are being Measured to mislead the buyer, cos they are measured in the lowest and thinnest part. The same i got when bought my first android huawei ascend d1 it is also 1 cm or more but i can forgive it cos only stretching parts are camera and speaker, which are 20 per cent of the phone. But measuring like this all motorola droids is unforgivable.

• 2015-03-05 08:00
  • nYNU

a very lovely phone but cant get my extra 32g to work, I have tried all method I know. can someone help me out, cos I need to do more downloads but it keeps saying no space.

• 2015-03-02 12:28
  • fsV2

I love this phone but why will itnot play videos in hd on youtube, it doesn't even go higher than 360p

• 2015-02-28 11:22
  • mqJj

Official update for 4.4.2?

• 2015-02-25 02:29
  • p3LE

> In reply to linda @ 2015-02-10 23:33 from nxkc - click to readMobile update

• 2015-02-18 23:23
  • 6Q9x

This device ( Brazilian model ) works in Irlanda ?

• 2015-02-13 15:09
  • L3Ga

@Ryan- Even I faced similar issue.
I used this phone for 2 years and suddenly it switched off.
I have just tried to restart it and it is not going past the Motorola logo and I can't turn it off again. Must wait until battery drains out and switches off.

• 2015-02-11 19:03
  • uvL2
  • hacked off customer
  • Rating0

The phone has become buggy & slow over time.
This is my fifth (and last!) Motorola phone.

Customer service and technical help are non existent as is the KitKat upgrade.

• 2015-02-11 12:04
  • sX40

> In reply to Ryan @ 2015-01-04 09:54 from m5uc - click to readI have exactly the same problem, has anyone been able to sort it out?

• 2015-02-10 23:33
  • nxkc

agree with some of the comments here. i've used other phones but i can't let go of this one. i was desperate for an upgrade and the apps that i installed only made my phone lag. i uninstalled all those crap such as antivirus apps and now my phone is lag free. kitkat launcher and texra has made my phone look cool. i simply love the razr design. this is what all smartphones should look like. i'd love to have a new 2015 version. than you motorola!!!

• 2015-01-17 05:17
  • PT}D

> In reply to Ryan @ 2015-01-04 09:54 from m5uc - click to readhi snap exactly same problem loved this phone but with problems the promissed update no more realistic than the man in the moon i bought my self a samsung galaxy s3 excellent phone the update i would not have cared about but they promised it this is why i am afraid moto will never get back to the top

• 2015-01-13 20:18
  • 0E{E

> In reply to J-Dogg @ 2015-01-03 19:00 from H5DN - click to readI've checked the xda forums and unfortunately there's not even a hint of when it's coming. They probably should have never promised us this update if they were planning on seeding it more than 2 years after its release, and more than one year after 4.4 was actually released.

• 2015-01-08 20:40
  • fvTE

I have this phone for nearly 2 years now and these past few days it has started to become very laggy. I have just tried to restart it and it has been on the Motorola logo since and I can't turn it off again or anything.

Does anyone else has this problem and how can it be sorted?

• 2015-01-04 09:54
  • m5uc

Excellent phone, although the battery barely lasts a day, even with no calls being made, but why are we STILL waiting for the long promised upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKat? This upgrade was planned at launch in Oct 2012 and was announced as being rolled out in Feb 2014, yet we are now being told that it is still in beta testing, will we ever get this upgrade?

• 2015-01-03 19:00
  • H5DN

Might be the best phone overall since touchscreen,if all those buying expensive/cheap new phones knew what they are missing out on,ebay stock would run out very fast. I just cannot see me replacing it now on my 3rd year with the phone.

• 2014-12-30 10:41
  • n2GD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-31 19:55 from 8Zv} - click to readAm so impressed with most of the opinions, i think its just fair to give credit where it is due. i love motorola products. Thumbs up motorola.

• 2014-12-17 07:01
  • NuMn

> In reply to d4rkcell @ 2014-12-16 16:36 from CYA{ - click to readSomething was wrong with you Razr I. Try to fix it with a factory reset. As you can see from all the people here, the phone is still lag-free and fast in use after 2 years.
Good luck.

• 2014-12-16 20:59
  • n2GD

the phone was great when i first got it two years ago but it soon became laggy and slow probably due to the single core chip. It got incrdibly annoying as loading the keyboard would take forever meaning i could walk from the office to the car before the keyboard would load making it incredibly annoying. nice design, nice idea shame the whole x86 intel chip thing never really took off after this.

• 2014-12-16 16:36
  • CYA{

> In reply to jaybee @ 2014-10-25 15:48 from SpAt - click to readTo Reset Factory Settings.1Sttings, 2Privacy, Factory Data Reset.

• 2014-12-10 19:27
  • m5XQ
  • F
Total of 650 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR i XT890.