Motorola RAZR i XT890 - user opinions and reviews

1911705

7.8
7.7
7.8

Had this phone now for about 2 years, it still looks as new, its been dropped many times on the floor, the kevlar shell saves it each time.
The best part is that everyday I have to use this phone, i am surprised how good it is. I did a lot of research before buying, and am proud of myself having ended up with such a master phone. And I've tried Galaxy 3 and 4, Iphone at the same time, always go back to this Razr i.
Battery still works basically as good as when new, so no need for replaceable, as one commenter noted.
It is also strange that there are no new phones on the market that tempts me more than the Razr i,even though its 2 years old!
Its so good I actually picked up a new second one for cheap, in case my gets stolen or broken.
You can get it for less than 200 EURs, and its the best phone, and size is great. Dont join the douche-race of having the newest phone, get the best phone instead, the Razr i. And no I do not own Moto stocks.
Just my honest review of phone.

• 2014-08-03 23:32
  • n2GD

I'm currently onto my second handset, and this handset has been repaired FOUR, yes FOUR times for the same repeated fault. This time the actual store supervisor was worried about storing the phone on site prior to sending it off for repair as he was worried it might cause a fire.

When I first got the phone it was amazing, some of the functions stopped working, even after hard and soft resets, and would NOT buy an apple, but unfortunately am considering a Sony Z1 Compact, based on size and specs.

• 2014-07-28 16:12
  • H5EB

> In reply to n0-way @ 2014-06-28 17:47 from 3cdK - click to readI've been using this phone for almost 2 years. I am very happy with it.

About the battery stats that you are asking for, I must say that I charge this phone every night, even if it never reaches the 15% of battery.

However you can do whatever you want with it during the day. Sometimes I finish my day with almost 3 hours of screen on and I have always GPS, 3G, Wifi and Bluetooth activated.

Honestly, with this phone you don't need to be careful with the battery if you charge it every night. And nowadays this is a real pleasure.

• 2014-07-25 16:46
  • rX@m

May you tell me how to set the Device to achieve 64 Hours of Battery Power because my Battery lasts just about 20 Hours. Thank you in advance for your answer!

• 2014-07-24 16:32
  • Tp@{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-24 04:42 from LLr1 - click to readI've been abusing the battery on this phone for a year and a half now and its battery life hasn't been affected in any way till now thankfully. Problem is that only Samsung offers this feature nowadays, but their phones are just crap.

• 2014-07-21 14:35
  • Nqw}

> In reply to adry @ 2014-07-18 19:28 from 0PAT - click to readyeah, in fact you can even root it without unlocking the bootloader!

• 2014-07-18 23:27
  • X3mx

> In reply to zaid @ 2014-07-14 21:53 from fvjE - click to readroot work fine.

• 2014-07-18 19:28
  • 0PAT

don't buy this phone .... it's waste of money ... rooted doesn't work for it

• 2014-07-14 21:53
  • fvjE

> In reply to Anon @ 2014-07-03 09:55 from S9JF - click to readyes man, i knew that, but he said that were 2 cores, and i told him that is only one!, you missunderstood :)

razr i [1core] it's not the same thing with rarz m [who has 2 cores]

• 2014-07-03 11:50
  • 3cg7

> In reply to n0-way @ 2014-07-02 21:15 from 3cg7 - click to readSingle core processor with multi threading. Educate yourself.
He can multi task via his one physical and one virtual core when it's needed. When no heavy task is required it's not wasting battery with two cores.
Do you really think, more CPU cores == more power?
This bad thing is this intel chip is not getting attention, since in this range, pretty much destroys every CPU when it comes to functionality, multi tasking and battery life.

• 2014-07-03 09:55
  • S9JF

> In reply to Actual person @ 2014-07-01 20:55 from dQmx - click to readno dual core, single core,, doh

• 2014-07-02 21:15
  • 3cg7

this phone good but the call recorder doesn't recorder the both voice that's the problem with this phone

• 2014-07-02 11:28
  • fvjE

My Razri is now due for upgrade from EE , its been brilliant as was the Defy b4 it.Have no idea what i,m gonna get next they dont seem to do Motorola now :(

• 2014-07-02 01:04
  • TkNd

This phone is brilliant.
The battery life shames an iPhone while the call clarity is superb. When Google designed this phone and got Motorola to make it they made a winner.
The screen is bright and vibrant. The dual core cpu never struggles.
Worth every penny and welcoem back Motorola :-)

• 2014-07-01 20:55
  • dQmx

so i want you to tell me [those that HAVE this phone]:

- video how much hours?

- talk gsm 2g how much time?

- standby normal use ?

- the headphone it's laud enought? in conversations?

- the speaker it's laud enought when ringing?

- listening to music thru headphones does sound GOOD?

- the display it's whiter on waching videos in black [dark] scenes?. because another phone like xperia m it's BACK and you can't see anything :(

THANX a LOT!, i want to buy this phone and i need you advice!

• 2014-06-28 17:47
  • 3cdK

> In reply to zaid @ 2014-06-16 17:59 from fvjE - click to readI have this phone more then one year and whole the time I had problem with max. 5 app ;) And I have lots of instaled, firefox was problem but work for a while ;)

• 2014-06-17 15:33
  • 0Baw

this phone is so bad because all app " call recorder" doesn't work on it ....

• 2014-06-16 17:59
  • fvjE

This is my first android mobile and believe me it is rock solid ... Just go for it perfect in all specs

• 2014-05-28 21:14
  • Pxpk

did u av any outlet in nigeria for purchasing, if nt online.

• 2014-05-24 16:35
  • Nhx@

> In reply to Eisley @ 2014-05-17 08:34 from LDd3 - click to readArc s will be bulky as cmprd to razr i. People n my freinds admires its design . its slim . plus sony wont be giving u update but razr i is going to get d same soon . u know specs so no comment on dt hope it helps

• 2014-05-24 08:12
  • uvF0
Total of 599 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR i XT890.