Motorola RAZR i XT890 - user opinions and reviews

1953189

7.8
7.7
7.8

almost perfect, could really do with the update but its not essential, never let me down once and just as fast as the new phones.

• 2014-10-13 20:13
  • nuhY

I dream for the next update. Moto hurry up.

• 2014-10-05 00:27
  • p3L3

So here Ends the Q3 of 2014 and still no updates , using it more than a year but now will be upgrading to iPhone 6 but it will be with me only lol .... love its design , its just amazing

• 2014-09-30 23:54
  • utxQ

someone know how to calibrate the acelerometer?
My razr turn just to the right side
help !!

• 2014-09-28 02:37
  • Jv7b

Pictures attached to normal text messages will only download using 3g.and not wirelessly.This is what I have found with my rasri. They will download ok using wireless if you use whatsapp messaging.

• 2014-09-23 18:53
  • 0Fj3

did anyone here try motorzr rom v1.4...

• 2014-09-01 19:07
  • utY{

For sure android 4.4.2... but it is not available officially yet..

• 2014-08-28 17:48
  • uuCZ

Hi.. I want to ask do you know wich is the best android version for Motorola razr i xt890. I mean i want my phone to be quick and the battery to stand more. The phone stock is with 4.0.4 Ice sandwich, I'm wondering about Jelly Bean 4.1.2 or KitKat 4.4.2. What do you think, are they to heavy for this divice.

• 2014-08-27 02:43
  • 3ivF

This is, without doubt, a very good phone but I do have one quibble. When I began to suspect that the battery wasn't holding its charge,I decided to replace it. This proved to be quite a protracted process. First I had to send off for the special tools,(tiny star drivers), then, using these tools,access the screws holding the phone together.There were three, clearly visible on each side, two concealed under the logo at the top and three concealed at the bottom.Removing these allowed me to separate the two main parts of the phone, revealing the printed circuit board and the camera,both of which had to be removed.I finally located the battery which was held in place by double sided sticky tape.Anyway,I fitted the new battery and put everything back together and it's all working fine,but if anybody is inclined to do the same,I would say you need a fair bit of time and patience. P.S. It's still a good phone though.

• 2014-08-24 15:10
  • 3aZV

I've had my RAZR XT890 for 2 months now, and love everything about it EXCEPT I cannot receive or send pictures! And I can't seem to find anybody that can tell me how to fix settings to do this. Can anybody out there tell me? A picture attached to a text message says "downloading" but it does not download.

• 2014-08-23 18:15
  • qbT@

I hope the KitKat update brings Miracast to the Razr i

• 2014-08-12 17:09
  • d@D9

Thank You Karen... Eagerly waiting for kitkat update.. having nexus 4 But Razr i is good and compact.. I Expect Razr i multitasking ability to be improved via kitkat update...

• 2014-08-10 10:37
  • uuye

> In reply to Siva Bharani @ 2014-08-06 12:57 from bE8{ - click to readI've visited the Motorola customer service and they've told me that it's FOR SURE that Razr i will receive the update, but they don't have the exact date yet. I suggest that every time you have a question about this device, go to Motorola web page and chat with an adviser. They're always very helpful and polite.

• 2014-08-08 14:40
  • 9KKq

I've had this phone 4 2 years now. It is still working fine. The Motorola support is just excellent and even if I have mistreated it a little bit, its physical features are just as new. I've had the Samsung Galaxy and other devices at the same time as this one but even for price, Motorola Razr i wins. The kevlar fiber has saved my phone several times because I'm a little clumsy and sometimes I leave it with my keys, it has some scratches but the Gorilla glass really works and you can see it. The one and only bad thing that I can say about this device is that there are not many accessories for it, even the bumpers are very difficult to find, also the headsets, screen covers,etc. Well done Motorola. I'm still very happy with my phone.

• 2014-08-08 14:37
  • 9KKq

Will Razr I recieve Kit Kat update for sure ??.. Such a wonderful compact device..

• 2014-08-06 12:57
  • bE8{

Had this phone now for about 2 years, it still looks as new, its been dropped many times on the floor, the kevlar shell saves it each time.
The best part is that everyday I have to use this phone, i am surprised how good it is. I did a lot of research before buying, and am proud of myself having ended up with such a master phone. And I've tried Galaxy 3 and 4, Iphone at the same time, always go back to this Razr i.
Battery still works basically as good as when new, so no need for replaceable, as one commenter noted.
It is also strange that there are no new phones on the market that tempts me more than the Razr i,even though its 2 years old!
Its so good I actually picked up a new second one for cheap, in case my gets stolen or broken.
You can get it for less than 200 EURs, and its the best phone, and size is great. Dont join the douche-race of having the newest phone, get the best phone instead, the Razr i. And no I do not own Moto stocks.
Just my honest review of phone.

• 2014-08-03 23:32
  • n2GD

I'm currently onto my second handset, and this handset has been repaired FOUR, yes FOUR times for the same repeated fault. This time the actual store supervisor was worried about storing the phone on site prior to sending it off for repair as he was worried it might cause a fire.

When I first got the phone it was amazing, some of the functions stopped working, even after hard and soft resets, and would NOT buy an apple, but unfortunately am considering a Sony Z1 Compact, based on size and specs.

• 2014-07-28 16:12
  • H5EB

> In reply to n0-way @ 2014-06-28 17:47 from 3cdK - click to readI've been using this phone for almost 2 years. I am very happy with it.

About the battery stats that you are asking for, I must say that I charge this phone every night, even if it never reaches the 15% of battery.

However you can do whatever you want with it during the day. Sometimes I finish my day with almost 3 hours of screen on and I have always GPS, 3G, Wifi and Bluetooth activated.

Honestly, with this phone you don't need to be careful with the battery if you charge it every night. And nowadays this is a real pleasure.

• 2014-07-25 16:46
  • rX@m

May you tell me how to set the Device to achieve 64 Hours of Battery Power because my Battery lasts just about 20 Hours. Thank you in advance for your answer!

• 2014-07-24 16:32
  • Tp@{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-24 04:42 from LLr1 - click to readI've been abusing the battery on this phone for a year and a half now and its battery life hasn't been affected in any way till now thankfully. Problem is that only Samsung offers this feature nowadays, but their phones are just crap.

• 2014-07-21 14:35
  • Nqw}
Total of 614 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR i XT890.