Motorola RAZR i XT890 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.7
7.6
7.7

This phone suck in the games....

• 2013-08-07 15:21
  • LxMQ

I have this phone all is good.... Except in the games lag a los.... Dammit

• 2013-08-07 15:05
  • LxMQ

And since it has Intel processor, it should be easy to install Ubuntu onto it.

• 2013-08-05 12:22
  • S9Ym

HDR on the camera vastly improves quality. Love my Raze i

• 2013-08-03 02:31
  • 39x}

> In reply to Raven91 @ 2013-07-29 11:06 from mxR9 - click to readLOL buddy 99.9% percent of apps are compatible,I don't know where this intel processor incompatibility issues come from really. This phone is great, go for it!

• 2013-07-30 18:14
  • fk}N

because the Razr i is Incompatible with apps compiled with the Android NDK what apps are available ? Facebook? Snapchat? Instagram?

• 2013-07-29 11:06
  • mxR9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-25 14:02 from 0Baw - click to readI'm on 4.1.2
Its pretty much the same as 4.0.4 with the exception of Google now. Battery is still great. Can maybe see it getting 4.2 and maybe 4.3 as there both minor updates

• 2013-07-28 01:17
  • nx}5

I have had this phone for a while. I was recommended it and love it! It has everything you could possibly need! Pus its fairly indestructible! However, the charging port of my phone is broken, which was not my fault as it just stopped working- if there is anyone who has any idea of how I can fix/ how I can personally contact the company for a replacement. I do have an insurance policy, but as there is a £30 up front fee and the fact i feel the product was faulty i do not feel this is acceptable. HOWEVER DO NOT BE PUT OFF! I have had two of this model ( as dropped other in the sea) and I had no problems, so i feel that mine now is faulty! would recommend!

• 2013-07-26 21:36
  • Ja5F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-28 01:03 from pK02 - click to readgo to settings then find usb tethering and connect your Razr i to pc then turn on usb tethering....
hope this will help you

• 2013-07-26 16:05
  • bJ64

First of all let me say that this phone is an absolute beast. Forget the specs, this phone can outperform most other phones of its generation (2012).

Ok here's a tip I figured to make the UI much smoother and eliminate the occasional stutter when you press the menu button on the stock launcher. Go to settings-developer options and set:
window animation scale to 2x
Transition animation scale to 0.5x
Animator duration scale to 0.5x

• 2013-07-26 00:39
  • fk}T

Hello, anyone know when there will be android 4.2? And how good is battery after update from 4.0 to 4.1? Thank

• 2013-07-25 14:02
  • 0Baw

On Motorola, for tethering you need to put/write "DUN"(or lowercase)in APN type. (EX: "APN type- default,dun". And magic happens.

• 2013-07-23 11:12
  • n3Ax
  • F

> In reply to Oflife @ 2013-07-19 01:27 from ixvN - click to readI have this phone and was also having exactly the same runaround trying to get tethering to work on '3' as I'm on the one plan. Despite getting '3' escalating the issue and saying it was fixed it wasn't. Anyway what you need to do is change the APN to 3 UK DUN, go into settings/more/mobile networks/access point names/ and then select the 2nd option for '3 UK DUN'. This will then get you access to tethering when you click on mobile hotspot.

• 2013-07-22 00:53
  • myAf

> In reply to Oflife @ 2013-07-19 01:27 from ixvN - click to readHave you tried tethering through Bluetooth instead?
You can only connect one device but works fine in mine.
I use the 3g signal from the RAZR to connect my WiFi only nexus 7 to the net. Works fine.

• 2013-07-20 17:27
  • nx}5

> In reply to Oflife @ 2013-07-19 01:27 from ixvN - click to readI'd say try using your sim card on another device and see if tethering works. If it doesn't then the problem will be with your new network. This would make more sense since you say it worked before on different networks.

• 2013-07-20 14:58
  • Nqn}

How do I install applications on the memory card with Android 4.1.2?

• 2013-07-20 01:44
  • p3LJ

Help! Got a RAZR i on Three here in the UK, and whilst the phone and Three's signal are great (in my areas anyway), the mobile hotspot feature, that worked fine under Vodafone and O2 no longer works. (We got it working for a few minutes once, but that was it.) Both Three staff and myself have tried everything. Removing sim card, re-starting, renaming the SSID, changing SSID password etc!

The WiFi signal from the RAZR shows up on all the devices we're trying to tether to it - full bars, and they connect fine. It is just that there is quite simply no Internet connection. On my MacBook Air, the green lights in the diagnostics panel are all lit up. Tried other devices, including a Nexus 7, iPhone 5, iPad mini and non will connect to my RAZR i on Three!

Halp!

• 2013-07-19 01:27
  • ixvN

it has z2480 not 2460. pls correct on the tech page

• 2013-07-17 17:21
  • 0MwT

Just bought one on pay as you go only because its on offer plus want to see how fairs for myself.Its on charge now for 12-16 hrs as ive done since 2000 for first initial charge then I do 6-10 full charge/discharge cycles then do what I want after that..

I have taken an interest in this due to having fast browser,its design I just want to give it a good test..Currently using sgs2 and iphone 4s..Ive tried S4 etcand iphone 5 but they seem worse,S4 too big hot and full junk software and iphone 5 too lanky long and poor quality materials..

• 2013-07-13 18:40
  • nEkZ

Hi! Great phone, amazing quality (both hardware and design), I've had Galaxy s 4 but it was overheating itself after 5 minutes of usage so I swiched to Motorola razr I and I am very happy with my purchase. Screen is excelent, battery lasts 2 days with medium to heavy usage, core speed is very good. Bough mine for 200 pounds whilist S4 are for 400 pounds on ebay. Buy RAZR i and enjoy the ride! regards

• 2013-07-13 14:10
  • LaZH
Total of 554 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR i XT890.