Motorola RAZR i XT890 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.8
7.7
7.7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-03 02:31 from 39x} - click to readAgreed 10000000000000%!
HDR Mode simply works impressively good!

• 2013-08-09 06:12
  • LKV2

> In reply to Jessica Baker, 16 @ 2013-07-26 21:36 from Ja5F - click to readHi, I'm sorry for your loss. I knew this device needed a hole for wrist belt!

You should take your broken Razr i to technical support, as it's not your fault, they should check it and see what they can do. It can be a fixable problem.

This device is beautiful, and I'm planning on getting the Xperia Z Ultra or the Lenovo K900 to make (one of them)it its big brother ^-^
If you still have your Razr i or get it repaired maybe we can share some cool and useful apps and tricks to improve it, even more. You tell me.

• 2013-08-09 06:11
  • LKV2

> In reply to Iván Jaramill @ 2013-08-07 15:05 from LxMQ - click to readI have most Gameloft and EA HD games, plus some others. And NO ONE of them has a single problem. They run smooth as they should. I can even Multitask with them running. (Even using the whole screen thanks to the full!screen app by tsorn, which is awesome!)

You must not know how to properly use the device. Avoid leaving apps in the background by using the Back key to close them, don't use the Home key, this minimize the apps. Too many processes in the background would make the system stutter in any device.

This smartphone is powerful enough for everything you may want and more.

• 2013-08-09 06:02
  • LKV2

This phone suck in the games....

• 2013-08-07 15:21
  • LxMQ

I have this phone all is good.... Except in the games lag a los.... Dammit

• 2013-08-07 15:05
  • LxMQ

And since it has Intel processor, it should be easy to install Ubuntu onto it.

• 2013-08-05 12:22
  • S9Ym

HDR on the camera vastly improves quality. Love my Raze i

• 2013-08-03 02:31
  • 39x}

> In reply to Raven91 @ 2013-07-29 11:06 from mxR9 - click to readLOL buddy 99.9% percent of apps are compatible,I don't know where this intel processor incompatibility issues come from really. This phone is great, go for it!

• 2013-07-30 18:14
  • fk}N

because the Razr i is Incompatible with apps compiled with the Android NDK what apps are available ? Facebook? Snapchat? Instagram?

• 2013-07-29 11:06
  • mxR9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-25 14:02 from 0Baw - click to readI'm on 4.1.2
Its pretty much the same as 4.0.4 with the exception of Google now. Battery is still great. Can maybe see it getting 4.2 and maybe 4.3 as there both minor updates

• 2013-07-28 01:17
  • nx}5

I have had this phone for a while. I was recommended it and love it! It has everything you could possibly need! Pus its fairly indestructible! However, the charging port of my phone is broken, which was not my fault as it just stopped working- if there is anyone who has any idea of how I can fix/ how I can personally contact the company for a replacement. I do have an insurance policy, but as there is a £30 up front fee and the fact i feel the product was faulty i do not feel this is acceptable. HOWEVER DO NOT BE PUT OFF! I have had two of this model ( as dropped other in the sea) and I had no problems, so i feel that mine now is faulty! would recommend!

• 2013-07-26 21:36
  • Ja5F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-28 01:03 from pK02 - click to readgo to settings then find usb tethering and connect your Razr i to pc then turn on usb tethering....
hope this will help you

• 2013-07-26 16:05
  • bJ64

First of all let me say that this phone is an absolute beast. Forget the specs, this phone can outperform most other phones of its generation (2012).

Ok here's a tip I figured to make the UI much smoother and eliminate the occasional stutter when you press the menu button on the stock launcher. Go to settings-developer options and set:
window animation scale to 2x
Transition animation scale to 0.5x
Animator duration scale to 0.5x

• 2013-07-26 00:39
  • fk}T

Hello, anyone know when there will be android 4.2? And how good is battery after update from 4.0 to 4.1? Thank

• 2013-07-25 14:02
  • 0Baw

On Motorola, for tethering you need to put/write "DUN"(or lowercase)in APN type. (EX: "APN type- default,dun". And magic happens.

• 2013-07-23 11:12
  • n3Ax
  • F

> In reply to Oflife @ 2013-07-19 01:27 from ixvN - click to readI have this phone and was also having exactly the same runaround trying to get tethering to work on '3' as I'm on the one plan. Despite getting '3' escalating the issue and saying it was fixed it wasn't. Anyway what you need to do is change the APN to 3 UK DUN, go into settings/more/mobile networks/access point names/ and then select the 2nd option for '3 UK DUN'. This will then get you access to tethering when you click on mobile hotspot.

• 2013-07-22 00:53
  • myAf

> In reply to Oflife @ 2013-07-19 01:27 from ixvN - click to readHave you tried tethering through Bluetooth instead?
You can only connect one device but works fine in mine.
I use the 3g signal from the RAZR to connect my WiFi only nexus 7 to the net. Works fine.

• 2013-07-20 17:27
  • nx}5

> In reply to Oflife @ 2013-07-19 01:27 from ixvN - click to readI'd say try using your sim card on another device and see if tethering works. If it doesn't then the problem will be with your new network. This would make more sense since you say it worked before on different networks.

• 2013-07-20 14:58
  • Nqn}

How do I install applications on the memory card with Android 4.1.2?

• 2013-07-20 01:44
  • p3LJ

Help! Got a RAZR i on Three here in the UK, and whilst the phone and Three's signal are great (in my areas anyway), the mobile hotspot feature, that worked fine under Vodafone and O2 no longer works. (We got it working for a few minutes once, but that was it.) Both Three staff and myself have tried everything. Removing sim card, re-starting, renaming the SSID, changing SSID password etc!

The WiFi signal from the RAZR shows up on all the devices we're trying to tether to it - full bars, and they connect fine. It is just that there is quite simply no Internet connection. On my MacBook Air, the green lights in the diagnostics panel are all lit up. Tried other devices, including a Nexus 7, iPhone 5, iPad mini and non will connect to my RAZR i on Three!

Halp!

• 2013-07-19 01:27
  • ixvN
Total of 577 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR i XT890.