Motorola RAZR V XT885 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

8.2
8.1
8.2

I believe another way to update this device to Android 4.1.2 and make it more bearable is to flash the sbf for the Motorola Electrify 2 (XT881), since both devices are one and the same. http://sbf.droid-developers.or...hp?device=16

• 2014-10-16 02:01
  • RqTe

Almost an awesome phone...but half way through production, Motorola said "fuck it, we are over budget" and they gave up... software issues galore. Downloading mobile 360 security app its the pinky way I've found to make this phone bearable.

• 2014-08-08 12:25
  • 86wv

> In reply to sam @ 2014-04-21 12:13 from fCx9 - click to readYes, software hang ups are the weakness of this phone. Installing mobile 360 security can shut off all of the back ground faulted processes. Your phone week be instantly like new, although temporary...

• 2014-08-08 12:22
  • 86wv

To me it is rubbish for the original price, something that could easily have been excellent.

People always complain about my call quality, particularly if some noise like aircon is around, or if I use it on one side of my face versus the other. What of all this superior moto call quality?

The 4GB internal memory gets mostly chewed up by the system and included apps. I have very little on the phone and everything I can in a SD card, like photos dcmi directory, and regularly get down to around 200MB left which causes the phone to grind down. The lack of install to external SD card, or move part of an app to the card, is like a crime. My phone has been hacked even though this no external SD was supposed to help stop this. My important app data is trapped in the phone to me to backup but not to hackers it seems.

Update killed all my data, no update for ages. Gets slow, needs some newer features.

Phone locks some user data into it, and no Motorola program to get it out and back it up. So, the user/phone information apps are not up to scratch, and make various little things awkward.

Leaked battery and battery going. Usb port on top is a good target for rain.

Most of this can be solved with a simple update.

As is, this expensive phone was not woath the over $400 original price, but barely the over $200 price I paid for it new in store. You should examine phones you buy for the issues above, and avoid those with them.

• 2014-06-11 16:38
  • 7sn4

pls i want the screen

• 2014-05-05 15:33
  • fs}R

i lost my RAZR V XT885 can i trace it ??? please answer as soon as possible

• 2014-05-05 10:43
  • t7XH

My xt 885 is shut down in regular interval automatically, what can i do in this situation please help. ..... Is it software problem? or other than this problem please help fast.thank you.

• 2014-04-21 12:13
  • fCx9

Gopro suggests that Motorola os4 is ok for using the gopro app. The other suggestion is droid. Does this mean my xt885 can support gopro app as a remote monitor? So far no good. Any input would be appreciated thanks

• 2014-02-17 02:10
  • 2TnG
  • F

goooooood mobile iam fully satisfied with this mobile no issue iam using since 16 mnth

• 2014-01-01 20:25
  • 2ZYC

my phone freeze, one night and the screen is black. what can i do?

• 2013-12-20 01:35
  • kaJI

I tryed to see if my micro sim would fit the slot and have pushed it in to far now its stuck! i tryed to get it out and pushed it further in! im wondering if you have an idea how much they charge to get it out or fix/ replace the slot if ive damaged it help please! also dont think i have a warranty

• 2013-11-05 00:50
  • tRms

Great size, nice finish. Saddly this phone has really disappointed me. It came with Android 4.0 but it's as slow as old 2.3 devices. The phone died on me after about 10-11 months of usage. Also don't expect to be able to do modding on it too, it has a locked down bootloader.

• 2013-10-24 01:36
  • Tis$

I like this phone a lot it's camera is as good as a I phones and really thin but it's. A pretty unknown phone so it does not have a lot of accessories available

• 2013-10-15 13:39
  • 45{F

This phone is a good mid-range phone, especially for the price.
Do not expect it to be mind blowing or anything, it just does what it has to and does that very well.
Battery Life is decent if used lightly or just texting, but will drain quickly if used for other things.
Overall, a great phone for the price.

• 2013-08-12 20:51
  • Ikh4

Battery power will last all day if used for texting with the odd phone call. Buy when surfing internet, expect to charge afterward. And when gaming, don't even bother trying if your battery is >50%. Use smart actions to disable gps and background actions when phone is not in use. This will help battery life substantially

• 2013-07-29 01:20
  • QY3K

> In reply to andrewofoz @ 2013-07-17 06:41 from PQw0 - click to readWhen a phone has x gb space, that is before your carrier uploads their network to it. So space that You can use is lessened by ...? Also, most devices only support 8gb sd cards, and a 12 is unreadable.

• 2013-07-27 00:42
  • QY3K

Its funny that nobody likes this phone... It isn't the greatest phone out there, I've experienced a few glitches with it, and reception isn't great. But overall, i love the styling, the home screen setup is perfect, and smart actions are amazing! Its a metal phone, kevlar backing (which is grippy, tough, and looks classy) and it has gorilla glass. This is a good phone design, good processor, good motorola layout...but a bit glitchy (freezes once per week, some icons relocate automatically, and sometimes text will duplicate itself...) But even with a few quality control issues (what phone doesn't) I'd rate it a 7/10. Its better than my wires galaxy note, and less than half the price!!

• 2013-07-27 00:37
  • QY3K

> In reply to Erickson @ 2013-07-27 00:26 from QY3K - click to readSorry, you meant SD card. Try a higher card speed. A class 2 card won't work in a class 4 device.

• 2013-07-27 00:28
  • QY3K

> In reply to mahesh goradia @ 2013-07-26 15:25 from sUwK - click to readThe Sim card on this phone had to be pushed in Really far. Use a pen to insert it. It should click.

• 2013-07-27 00:26
  • QY3K

my son has brought from aus. It works fine and onle i have problrm regarding micro sd card. I tried 3 micro card but i get message it is not supported. Please let me know which card supports. all the tree card i was using with lg p500. my fablet. and g-five mob.This mobile i am using in india. My email id is goradiamahesh@gmail.com
mahesh_goradia@yahoo.com
mahesh goradia

• 2013-07-26 15:25
  • sUwK
Total of 88 user reviews and opinions for Motorola RAZR V XT885.