Motorola ROKR E8 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

8.6
8.4
8.4

Hi Ralfie, thanks for the feedback. Actually it should be that way, 3.5-mm is supposed to be standard interface and the better headphone should produce better sound.

I am talking of my experience with ROKR E6 (don't know about E2, since it is not widely available here in India, so can't comment on that). The same headphones (Creative HN-700) work nicely on SE Walkman phones when connected through the 3.5-mm jack on the wired hands-free and produce fabulous sound but sounded flat and low volume when connected to E6. Similar issue has been reported with Nokia Express Music series, especially 5700 that stock headphones work good and personal supposedly better quality headphones don't give desired sound quality.

Let's hope that was a problem only in that one E6 and not the phone itself by design.

• 2007-09-20 22:18
  • 2Z1v

One thing that is strange to me is the size of the screen. The specifications say 320x240. Hmm, I don´t think so. Unless, I couldn´t vizualize it only by looking to these photos, so, I expect that someone can tell me what is considered screen on this phone.

• 2007-09-20 20:28
  • PjqX

plz reply me internal memory is 2 m.b or 2 g.b

• 2007-09-20 17:51
  • vGcn

For sure I am going to buy this when this phone hit the matket. I am currently using Rokr E2 which is already very good. Can't wait

• 2007-09-20 12:27
  • Pxxf

to Parag Shah. i used a KOSS ksc-75 wired earphone in my Motorola E2(which got 3.5mmjack). the sound is better than the stock earphone. motorola din't discriminate but it depend on the earphone itself. I used a $5 earphone and the sound is suck. Motorola stock earphone is good.

• 2007-09-20 08:17
  • TS$X

at first when i saw the pics without the key lights on...it looked kinda wierd..not to mention teh small screen....but this photos with the keys illuminated look really hot!! the os seems polished too....

• 2007-09-20 04:27
  • TSRJ

ITS SO SEXY! Dammit, I want one. And I just got the z6!
I hope they release it soon.

• 2007-09-19 22:07
  • NHLN

simply love it. Havent tried touch sensi buttons thou......may texting is such a pain in the ......ssss

• 2007-09-19 21:12
  • pc4B

Beyootiful fone, fantastic job at designing, Moto. Just hope the results from the camera are improved than E6 and the macro toggler is still present even though there is no autofocus. Also hope we can now see videos at 30 fps and also record videos VGA at 30 fps

And please, the 3.5 mm jack should not discriminate between different headsets. Experienced difference in sound when trying my Creative HN-700 headphones on E6, but sounds good on Motorola provided wired headphones. Please Motorola, no discrimination this time around..

• 2007-09-19 17:18
  • 2Z1X

wow, what a sexy phone...you are the best Moto...you always come out with the best design...love Moto

• 2007-09-19 07:55
  • 4@UB

@pitaya - its an ipod wheel... why do you complain about it? just a normal MotoHater... The screen of Samsung U100 is landscape,too... but of course no one is seeing this a as minus. stop acting childish.

• 2007-09-19 01:06
  • nTdj

why is it so "big"? 115mm long? what for?

and so weak camera. better nothing, than this f*****g 2mpx no macro no af.

crap phone with "kool" design.

• 2007-09-18 22:48
  • mMIx

This phone is fascinating! I mean it has 2Gb of memory and you can add a memory card, you can put your own earphones in it which is cool and the touch keypad can change from the numeric keypad to a completly music functional one! NOW THATS AWESOME

• 2007-09-18 18:31
  • M@T2

what kind of screen is that??? its a bad design, the new wheel is unnecesary , i prefer a normal screen, this sounds like a bad joke, the best mobile from motorola is the E2 and maybe the evolution was with the z6m but without the FM stuff is a waste of money and time

the people from motorola is stupid or what???

• 2007-09-18 17:20
  • PXwG

2 internal user memory? 2 what? rotfl. Som1 drank too much yesterday :D

• 2007-09-18 16:06
  • nHHx

OMG what a lovely looking fon
lacks 3g :S
2Mp would be enough if it could take VGA video but I afria it will be maximally CIF or QVGA and still afraid of QCIF :S

• 2007-09-18 16:04
  • nHHx

I reckon keypad will be a pain to use in direct sunlight.

• 2007-09-18 15:41
  • RNQ6

Looks very nice and the specs are ok. Wonder how well the touch keypad will work

• 2007-09-18 14:03
  • mt0f

this is sexy phone in motorola

• 2007-09-18 12:19
  • vGYf

Motorola is moddable... u can check Modmymoto.com or newer forum MotoHell.com

I hope it is Linux not Symbian.. Like my modded E2 ;)

• 2007-09-18 09:04
  • PB1{
Total of 2921 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ROKR E8.