Motorola ROKR E8 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

8.6
8.4
8.4

whats the best casing for the phone

• 2012-11-28 17:28
  • LBaE

whats de best casing for this phone

• 2012-11-28 17:24
  • LBaE

Hi guys this phone is good but the only problem with this phone is it is slow

• 2012-11-05 21:23
  • PMTk

how to update the rokrE8 phone?how to check wether it has the latest update?

• 2012-10-28 10:54
  • tU3h

The LED light for notifications is not working of motorokr e8. how it will work? please answer me this question.

• 2012-10-26 21:10
  • tU3c

is there any LED light for notifications rply soon

• 2012-10-26 21:03
  • t}qV

This phone, your viewing at right now, is the BEST PHONE you could ever have. In fact this is the GOD of phones before iPhone and Android came. If you ever had this phone, then you can never disagree to this comment. ROKR E8 you live forever in my heart=D

• 2012-10-21 10:10
  • wuj3

Uncommon design. Good experience.

• 2012-09-21 11:22
  • vQ12

Wow what a Phone...!!! When I took.. it was a begning but now it become end less to ME... I can't make it away from ME. This phone is some thing CRAZE in my mind. Lots of new phones have came in the market, But E8 always calles me as my love. It's realy RoCkE's... That's why it's been called as "ROCKER". Thanks Moto to bring this type of phone which still runs & compeet with android market.

• 2012-09-13 15:15
  • bC9e

This phone is terrfic ....

• 2012-07-29 12:55
  • i4bK

This was one of the best phones I have ever had in my life. It was stylish, very corporate-like, until some bus snatcher had to steal it away from me. I will never have another phone like this ever. I wish Motorola can make a phone like this again. Though I don't remember much of the specs, I just remember carrying this phone with prode whenever I go to work.

• 2012-07-24 07:10
  • PGk{

Motorokr is amazing.i wish and beg motorola to re-launch in india,please moto.my friends and all became crazy for rokr because of its clarity and its glowing design,morphing keypad and scroll wheel.please make it available.

• 2012-07-17 06:56
  • 9G{Q

Im using motorola e8 for more than 2yrs & its great to say that this is the phone which ive used for a long tym as i do keep on changing phones for atleast 2months since ive changed nearly 146 phones til now so feel to say great

• 2012-06-15 17:23
  • rAZG

> In reply to billy.jain @ 2012-05-03 17:52 from t1$E - click to readHi Billy, try this out, for me I don't upload pictures from using software or app, remove your Micro SD memory card, you will need a Micro SD to SD card adapter for this. Once you've inserted your micro SD to the SD card adapter, insert the SD to your computer and copy and paste into your micro SD. Re-insert back your micro SD to your E8 and view the picture on the phone.

This way is faster to me instead of opening up your app and transfer from there. I've using this way for a long time and it works every time, same goes for my digital cam, I don't install my cmera CD software anymore, I just insert and re-insert the SD card for transfer anytime.

• 2012-05-05 11:10
  • wHRr

Help !! , i cant upload pics through apps , it always saids to change my app permission , i tryed many times to change the smart card access , but still remaining the same ' NO ACCESS ' , please help me to change that...

• 2012-05-03 17:52
  • t1$E

Hi guys,

It's good to come back, I have been using Motorola E8 since 2009 and was contributing in this forum back then on and off. That said, I've owned 3 E8s, 1st one was bought brand new and sold to a friend used after 1 year, 2nd unit also a brand new one (current use) and 3rd unit bought used, 2 weeks old mint condition in a box with all the original accessories as back up - bottom line, I love this phone!. This is still one of my favorite "phone", I mean a basic communication tool in which, incoming and outgoing call quality are of utmost importance. I also own a smartphone HTC HD2 now but my calls are all made from my current Motorola E8 leaving the HD2 as my backup and organizational tool.
Today, I only collect the old Motorolas, I have a V9 Ferrari Limited Edition (weekend use), 2 ROKR E8s (1 as back up and the other in use everyday), 1 U9, 1 V3i, and proudly announcing that I have just purchased a V8 (mint condition in original box) recently waiting for it to arrive. CrystalTalk feature from my experience is best on V8 and V9 as even though E8 is slightly below these 2 maybe due to the its size, Reception too is stronger on V8 and V9. I'm not so sure whether the current Motorolas have the same CrystalTalk quality as I suspected the manufacturing quality control is no longer controlled by Moto themselves - hope I'm wrong on this. To me, CrystalTalk feature is still THE FEATURE that should be built in all mobile phones. For those who are not aware of it, CrystalTalk was patented and only produced by Motorola on reducing background noise while automatically increasing speech volume so that the other end can still hears you loud and clear enough in noisy environment. This is one technology I got hooked on until today and I don't see any phone manufacturers making headway on it except on bluetooth headset manufacturer like Jawbone. I'm on Motorola CommandOne now with CrystalTalk technology and its really good too.
Now that I've purchased another V8, I'll be looking for the BX81 or 80 battery with an extended battery door cover for much longer talk time. With it, I'll be selling off one of my E8 and will be looking to add an ugly but tough phone collection - the Tundra Va76r.
Since ROKR E8's 2008 launch, it still looks "futuristic" and different, even until today I got guys asking me out of curiosity what kind of phone that I'm carrying that's different - looks totally black without the keypads but with a big "C" (the fastscroll wheel) design on it.
Let's hope Google can revive the Motorola phone division and continue to refine the CrystalTalk technology, this would make it a better "true" phone when background noise will never irritates the other end during conversation while volume, clarity and strong reception are and should be the ultimate "must have" in all phones that we use in my opinion. Just look at what kind of signal/reception strength they have built-in in some well branded smartphones these days, which cost as much as a notebook, ironic don't you think?

• 2012-03-29 18:21
  • ibaK

how do i set up picture messinging.?

• 2012-03-24 00:27
  • k1y5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-20 02:12 from Rxj% - click to readYou have to go to connection settings > bluetooth > enable discoverable on for 5 minutes and also settings > bluetooth = on

• 2012-03-09 18:51
  • K2I8

• 2012-03-09 17:30
  • K2FG

I've been using the E8 since 2008, and whenever I'm disappointed with something, I always end up realising how awesome it actually is beneath those shortcomings. It truly is a smartphone in its price class, but only when you mod it.

Without modding, it's simply a feature-rich phone. The build quality feels expensive and looks expensive, though it's one of the cheapest smartphones around.

Over the years my scroll wheel has become defective and no longer works, my back cover has lost its grip (and I've shaved off the grey rubber coating leaving a metallic shine), UI has become crazy (sometimes a lot of lag but can be solved with overclocking; drains battery a lot though), and my battery life has decreased manifolds.

However, no other phone in the budget category (it was not really budget when I bought it; S$200-300) can give me mplayer (can play almost all video formats), docx reader, pdf reader, overclocking, quake 2, psx emulator, etc. And all this in a nice and sleek, slim bar form factor.

If you're not into modding, however, I'd recommend something like the Nokia X2-02, which won't give you YouTube (the E8 will) or a native (not JAVA) document reader. Every time I wish I hadn't bought this phone (again, mostly UI issues) I marvel at its capabilities.

• 2012-03-09 17:26
  • K2FG
Total of 2918 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ROKR E8.