Motorola Timeport L7089 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

6.3
6.3
6.7

leahhhhhh!!! this was my first ever phone!!!! i hated it.. i used to smash it of the ground to try and break it bcuz my mum told me i wasnt allowed a new one unless it wasnt workin, but it was like.. (imagine superman was a phone)this is superman!! totally unbreakable.. highly recommended if uv a habit of dropin ur handset or if u hav kidz:) looks great to! such an ariel!

• 2013-10-02 13:17
  • MVg6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-03-27 20:57 from n5R{ - click to readwhy would anyone want to steal this phone? their loss lol

• 2012-11-20 07:13
  • 04W7

This wretched mobile looked fantastic but had weak signal pickup. Seriously, unless you're in a high strength area you aren't going to get continuous phone calls. Just forget it. I had more than one job offer imperilled by this. My high point owning this wretched tat was when it got stolen. My low point? Was when I claimed on insurance and they found me...another...L7089. Oh that glorious day when I got an upgrade to a Nokia 8210 and I could make proper phone calls again. I have never bought Motorola again from that day, nor do I intend to.

• 2012-03-27 20:57
  • n5R{

> In reply to Rob @ 2002-01-25 08:13 from iFRK - click to readbatterys on ebay

• 2011-07-24 22:11
  • mHu{

Best sound quality both on transmit and receive I've experienced. I like the menus, especially the quick menu. The roaming operator priority list was very handy - setup before travel and forget about keeping your costs down. Battery life could be longer - I always carried a spare. I had two of these, and they both occasionally had totally garbled sound on receive which corrected itself only after off/on switching.

• 2011-05-13 07:59
  • DWkA

You could also, hook this up, to a Casio E-105, using a Cable, to allow You, to make Data Calls.
(As they would be known as, now.).

• 2010-07-18 20:11
  • mAmI

It also had a Feature, that told You the total time that You'd spend on the Phone called, "Call Duration".
This included: Incoming Timer, Outgoing Timer, and Total Duration of all Calls.

• 2010-07-18 20:07
  • F

Still work with the original battery!!!

• 2008-02-13 12:24
  • Mp$8

mii mums first fone lol

• 2008-01-13 21:08
  • pJdm

how to lock this phone, cuz i cant loocked the phone, and i have the new one for this mobile,how long for charging this mobil until full charge..please tell me..ASAP...thanks

• 2007-12-20 13:06
  • wgaw

Your Manual can be found here:

Which should also explain how to get missed calls.. which i believe will turn up under "Received calls".
That you just never answered.
...-Am i right people?

Three good things:

Connectivity (Infra-Red, and cable, you could connect to a Casio E-105).

Tri-Band(!!).

The belt Holster that was included in the box.

• 2007-12-16 15:23
  • mAmI

how can i find miss calls on this phone? please help me

• 2007-08-15 23:23
  • fuev

Please can someone help me out? i need the manual for the phone!! I like it too!

• 2007-08-15 18:50
  • n54p

My dad had this.It came out in late 99.I am pretty sure about that.Anyway,it was an ok phone but the voice calrity was pooor.

• 2007-03-03 18:00
  • 2@qx

i had this phone for 6 years. what is great about it is that of all the phone i had (probably over 20) this one has the BEST network signal reception. it can get at least 2 bars in areas that are considered "dead spot" if ur using a nokia. i hope nokia would make a phone with an external antenna 'cause i love nokia but my network has bad signal.

• 2007-02-12 12:16
  • PSkG

great phone

• 2007-01-24 21:29
  • Y7LP

Person below, it was introduced in 1999, not 2000

• 2006-07-13 02:29
  • UipP

For the comment bellow. Can you read buddy? The phone was anounced in 2000. 6 years ago. How can it be that you are using it for 10 years? Mathematics problems?

• 2006-02-22 23:27
  • MxBt

I've had mine for over 10yrs and guess what?? I still use it everyday and have used it in every country with GSM. It does everything you would need a 'phone' to do. It's got features that are still considered good for this present day...voice dialling, voce recording, e-mail, modem etc and most importantly the sound and clarity is brilliant I guess i'll be using it till it dies on me and looking at the number of yrs it's been working on it's original battery, I wonder for how much longer???????

• 2005-12-25 23:04
  • MkHb

Was my very first contract phone when I was 18.. absoloutely fantastic it was and Still have it now for when I feel nostalgic.

• 2005-09-01 23:52
  • mshx
Total of 57 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Timeport L7089.