Motorola Tundra VA76r - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.6

this phone lasted 5 years with normal use (siting on it, dropping it, under rain, on construction site). After about 4,5 years it started to break apart - hinge gave in, rubber coating cracked and started to peel off, rubber buttons cracked and felt off. Finally it didn't turn on at all. It outlasted all of my previous phones, even some first clam-shell motorolas of late 1990's.

• 2014-07-12 01:57
  • YgIa

> In reply to turkman @ 2011-12-17 04:51 from ItF2 - click to readyep, Great Phone With A 2 Cent Hinge. Ive Got 3 With Broken Hinges.Alsome Phones Exept That. ''and they don't no about it. I had insurane on one of them and they said they cant fix it and replaced it with a rugsby. K

• 2014-06-08 03:07
  • Y6w$

How do I get the VPN on my VA76r from ATT

• 2014-01-04 22:28
  • 4Jcf

better than "smartphones"

• 2014-01-02 10:58
  • v{ZH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-17 11:04 from ka0b - click to readI Have 2 Tundra Phones to for 4 years and the only thing wrong is the springs also. can't believe they quit making such a good phone like this. JUST MAKE A BETTER HINGE SPRING And repair all of these faulty springs. SCOTTY.

• 2013-12-22 17:49
  • Y6w@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-17 11:04 from ka0b - click to readI can send the parts to you , and you can change it
by yourself ?

• 2013-08-15 00:31
  • 4H$T

I've had my phone for 4 years. My problem is my camera and video no longer work. I get "unknown error, picture capture failed". Anyone else had this? Is there a solution? Apparently the phone is no longer sold or serviced.

• 2013-06-25 00:49
  • q{gi

I am someone who just wants a basic, tough phone. But I have 3 Tundras that I have been swapping parts out on for a while. I love the phone's software. Layout and feel. It picks up signals like no other phone I have seen. But the hinges are broken on all three. And two of the antennas. I am not a construction worker, nor do I do "tests"!to see how rugged it actually is. I now have gotten an original Rugby from a friend to try. The recptions stinks. But it is not even a comparison as to the "toughness" of the two. The Rugby is way more durable. As far as reception, it must be the external antenna on the Tundra. There is obviously a problems with the hinge. Look on Ebay. There are a crazy number for sale due to broken hinges. Probably needs to be a class action suit since Motorola will not voluntarily make it right.

• 2013-06-17 11:04
  • ka0b

> In reply to shane @ 2012-07-27 08:24 from 4A{9 - click to readMake your own ring tones by opening up voice recorder go to any web page that plays a sample tune or ring. Record/Save then bring up the saved file and apply it as a ring tone. Make sure your environment is silent or you will hear background noise.

• 2013-03-28 21:23
  • Rwj1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-17 01:01 from FL5a - click to readMine has the same problem. Called Motorola and they said tough. They said they have had no other complains of this type.

• 2012-09-13 00:19
  • Iux7

> In reply to ekklake @ 2012-05-26 16:58 from 49LT - click to readyes. no complaints at all. it's taken a hell of a beating and it's still solid. loud speaker, solid vibrate. only problem is that some providers dont allow your own ringtones :(

• 2012-07-27 08:24
  • 4A{9

Is this phone available in India?

• 2012-06-10 23:06
  • t5{x

> In reply to Bob @ 2012-04-23 15:30 from 5H7B - click to readdoes the tundra have a strong vibrate when the ringer is off?

• 2012-05-26 16:58
  • 49LT

This phone is built to MIL-STD-830i and has been stepped on by my horse, carted around in his mouth, dropped in his watter trauth, gone flying off my belt when riding, and took a trip down the road off my motorcycle. Four years and still going strong! This is the phone for the working man that plays hard.

• 2012-04-23 15:30
  • 5H7B

I've had this phone about 3yrs. I get reception in places Verizon doesn't even know exists. The only complaint is the voice recognition program is not as good as it could be. This is by far the best Motorola phone since the Star Tac. When a phone more durable comes along I might consider changing. true this phone may not be text user friendly like a Droid or one of the other in that line of phone, but if I need to send text messages I'll get a PC. After all its a phone, and your supposed to "talk" on phones.

• 2012-04-17 21:10
  • j}kH

Have had my tundra for almost two years and still works o.k. This phone does not like "inside calls" whatsoever. I would expect more from Motorola seeing they have been around forever.....

• 2012-03-22 02:08
  • kRna

Cant get reception on this phone for some reason in my house. I have a old razor though and get full bars! is there something that i can do to help the reception.

• 2012-03-11 16:34
  • kHg@

Had mine for 3 months and spring is broke in the hinge. I have AT&T insurance and they say it is up to the manufacture to determine if it was misuse. There needs to be an CIVIL SUIT served on motorolla and AT&T for scaming hard working AMERICANS.

• 2012-02-17 01:01
  • FL5a

Inferior components and an inefficient menu fail this otherwise good phone. Outgoing sound in speakerphone mode puts the Sonim X1 to shame.

• 2012-01-15 23:26
  • Yiak

Inferior components (like the hinge) and an inefficient menu (call waiting) plague this otherwise good phone.

• 2012-01-15 20:00
  • Yiak
Total of 191 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Tundra VA76r.