Motorola V3688 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

6.5
5.5
5.9

Bought one right now, my father had it when I was 5 years old and I just had to buy it. That's where it all started, durable, great battery time, almost perfect design and the best thing is that I got it for 30 bucks in mint condition. I think that I am keeping this piece of history no matter what.

• 2014-07-02 15:13
  • Lec7

i have about 10 of these here all as far as im aware still working , see them on car boot sales etc , job lots and keep them.

• 2014-02-10 11:30
  • nGca

Miss this phone so much. I love you moto3688.

• 2013-06-07 12:42
  • vV5G

I loved this phone. My favorite cellphone ever :)!

Very small, light, beautiful, great voice, very easy to use with one hand.

• 2013-04-26 14:53
  • pd2L

thats sleek and slim wonder, great design, ihad once till now, btw te poor battery

• 2013-01-10 09:20
  • UDNH

I got My V3688X second hand 6 years ago - 2006. And It works now. It was made in Singapore with IMEI nomber: 448835/18/078892/8. It's life time 1197:30:04!!!!!!!. It means My V3688X have called for more then 1197 hours! Oh, wonderful mechine really?

• 2012-10-12 06:50
  • ujbb

It was a really nice sleek little phone love the look so much that I blow $800 of my saving when I was in high school to get it. My first phone ever. Stupidly left it behind in a disco toilet. Still kicking myself after 12 years booohoooo. Oh it dint even have times tamp for missed calls then but I still loved the phone regardless.

• 2011-12-12 13:04
  • IPtF

strength cellphone.. no wonder!

• 2011-09-30 23:26
  • wrs3

> In reply to Geoffrey H @ 2010-04-12 12:20 from w4e7 - click to readAfter 15 yrs my V3688 is still going strong, have only ever replaced a battery. Amazing compact little phone. Was technology well before it's time.
Vicky - New Zealand

• 2011-03-04 13:16
  • RxXG

you can find everything for motorola v3688 on
the ebay website

• 2010-05-03 15:07
  • 39xa

I loved this phone! Was gifted the phone on my birthday! Loved every minute of it until I dropped it by mistake and broke it! Uncomplicated! Does any one know where I can find a new one?

• 2010-04-12 12:20
  • w4e7
  • mr.nantawat@Thailand
  • Rating0

I first had seen this phone first time about 9 years ago (my boss's phone).At that time,it was probably rated as "LUXURY PHONE" - hoping that someday I would own it.

9 yrs later,I just happened to saw this phone on yard sales,still functioning&dirt cheap.So why wait?I bought it for only less than 2 BUCKS.Althought I had to look for spare batteries,manuals,etc.That's a good bargain anyway.

Lately just last weekend,I had bought BRAND NEW replacement body - comes complete with NEW UPPER FLIP ASS'Y&DISPLAY for only 0.5 bucks - almost a "too good to be true" deal.It now looks like a BRAND NEW PHONE to me.

Now I had this phone for a few months.It served as a spare phone that would be occasionally used (a few days a week).Its functions was so primitve by today's standard.But for the look&feel of this little cute - that's more than enought.

• 2009-08-05 10:42
  • PUcP

Whey I was younger and getting my first phone, I really wanted this one but I didn't get it, can somebody who has/had it please write what it is/was like?

• 2009-06-06 23:53
  • 0xbf

I had this for a very long time too but still searching for the battery. I tried most of the handphone shops in Toa Payoh. They told me they don't carry this kind of phone nor battery anymore.
There is only 1 shop the uncle was nice he managed to get the car charger & now he is trying to get the battery. I find it very cute & easy to slot in esp pockets.

• 2009-04-24 07:01
  • PyF0
  • F

I got this phone in 1999 as a retairement present.
Still working perfectly after 10 ears, just to have
to get a new battery now.

• 2009-04-17 11:15
  • mZQx

i still have with me now this phone. only problem is that i cant find anybody selling its battery and charger anymore. and im willing to let it go now

• 2008-12-17 04:06
  • 2A3m

Had a V3688 for 5 years in high school. It stood up to all sorts of abuse. The only reason I stopped using it was because (after breaking in half 6 times) the cable snapped when the dog knocked it off of the table.

Still the cutest phone ever!

• 2008-09-06 10:49
  • 2GTT

Had this now for 10 years the first battery was 8 years old befor it gave up now on my second, who needs all the modern stuff when you have a icon amongst us.

• 2008-07-20 11:43
  • nu%J

I have had a Motorola V3688X for 2 years. It still worked reliability. I also used Sharp GX10. So I prefer my v3688X. I brought second hand with good conditions. I like the way it designed. Hope that Motorola can make once limited V3688 gold editions as some were done. Great V3688X!

• 2008-07-09 05:09
  • UL}@

i have this in my house. the only reason i discontinued using this is because it doesnt have any caller id. can anybody help? thanks

• 2008-04-12 09:38
  • 2A3m
Total of 88 user reviews and opinions for Motorola V3688.