Motorola V620 - user opinions and reviews

641950

7.8
7.6
7.6

I want to find a battery V620but it in Indonesia there was no ..

• 2011-07-26 12:48
  • u4jU

i used to own a one of these and found it to be a pretty comfortable phone to carry around ..thinking of getting another for every day use..

• 2011-07-16 03:28
  • 3W62

6 years i used this phone until I upgraded to apple iphone .. and it still works!! AMAZING!! Gave it to my mom who took it to india and now uses it as her primary phone. Motorola is truly RELIABLE

• 2011-04-24 04:49
  • 0HGq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-03-16 02:23 from m4tM - click to readu are right

• 2010-04-19 09:24
  • NhJP

I've had this phone for nearly 5 years (pretty good considering I'm only 19 and normally get through new technology quickly). The internet and bluetooth has never worked amazingly well but I suppose the technology was a lot more primitive back then compared to all the 3G stuff out now. Other than that it's lasted really well, fine for calls/texts/alarm etc. Photos aren't very clear - the 0.3 megapixels was probably impressive once but not by today's standards. Good battery life - I only charge it every few days. Kind of want it to hurry up and break so I have an excuse to buy a new phone!!

• 2009-03-16 02:23
  • m4tM

this is one of the most reliable phones you will ever come across i had one for 5 years... best phone ive ever had... i dropped it off a 30ft drop onto concrete & it still worked fine... with one minor scratch... i dropped it in my fish bowl full of water... took it out, still worked perfectly... =]
best phone ever.. but then i lost it =]

• 2009-02-28 02:53
  • v3}q

I've been using this phone for the last 4 years. The battery still lasts me a week and I've had some very good photos from it. The Blue tooth still works well. The place where you charge the battery corroded some time ago, so I use an external battery charger now. I love its solid metal case and all its features. Only now is it slow to respond when I open it, which means I'll now finally need to get a new phone. I do hope I can find one that looks and feels as good as this one (so far I've had little luck)

• 2008-05-08 17:57
  • 0F6I

i have a motorola v620 for 5 years. the batery keeps me 1 week...its a fantastic phone but it hasn't a slot card and that sucks

• 2008-02-21 15:05
  • p38d

I used this phone for almost 3 yrs until the battery life started to suck. I still think its a very reliable phone and really like it.

• 2007-12-30 22:12
  • kxMB

i bought the motorola v600i and since then the bluetooth is not working , i bought another and still the same problem what happened?

• 2007-10-25 10:52
  • MnSx

i've been using this phone for 2 1/2 years extensively. first problems occured after personalizing the gui with another theme and my own images. the software became very slow and it crashed frequently with a white screen and a a subsequent reboot without any particular reason.
after about one year the charger unit stopped working because the little contacts were bent or something. anyway, i bought a third party charger and it worked quite well again.
something like one year ago heavy problems came up with the state sensor for opening and closing the cover. at first it was possible to deal with it by turning off the automatic automatic answering / hanging up option in the menu and just using the buttons. but after another few months this stopped working as well and the phone just didn't realize when it was opened, so the display didin't light up and thus it became unusable.
so i gave up and switched to a sony ericsonn.
however, last week i again came across it when i was looking for some old stuff in the attic. i completlely dismantled it and cleaned every little part of it thoroughly, because the was a very big amount of dust in it. after that i reassembled it and resetted the software. since then it works very very nice, just like new and i started to use it again.
i like this model because of it's metal body and it's retro feel. the problem is that it's very susceptible to dust and it stops working due to this after a while. nevertheless, if you a just a little bit interested in keeping it going, you can open it and clean it up yourself and everything will be fine again :)

• 2007-10-09 22:13
  • m%vJ

I've had this phone for 2 1/2 years now and after a few months the sensors stopped working so that when i close it I have to press it for the screen to work.

Now, when i open the phone to answer a call it cuts the person off. And i have also had problems when plugging it in to charge it says unable to charge frequently. I have also found that it is almost impossible to find people using bluetooth and the picture quality isnt all that either. I also found that although my phone still has a decent battery life it goes from 2 bars to 0 very quickly.

However, i like the weight of this phone and its metal case makes it really durable.

If you're a person who likes good gadgets on their phone i wouldn't recommend this though.

• 2007-08-18 23:44
  • mqkQ

omg Where do i start with this phone....after 2 yrs., i'm now having trouble receiving calls or making them because sometimes when I get around to doing so , it shuts off. The battery life is also a major problem. it is a good phone however it's durability is questionable.

• 2007-08-08 06:36
  • ka8t

Been using this unit for 2 years now. It is a very good motorola unit. I had problems like the others such as the auto turn-off, charging slot, hangs at times. I experience them NOT often. And all are minor problems, in my experience. Aside from that I have NO PROBLEMS receiving/making calls. Speakers are loud. The battery life is decent. I'm thinking of buying a new flip-phone. But I'll keep this one as my reserve phone. I rate it 4/5.

• 2007-08-02 18:14
  • PGij

I bought the V620 a few months ago, and I've had some majorly annoying battery issues. When plugged into the charger, the phone may or may not charge. You sometimes have to jiggle around with the connector and pray that it charges. The battery life is also extremely poor. The phone discharges within a day after little or no usage. The phone lights up when on charge sometimes. Other times, it decides not to light up but still charge. On a bad day, i'll leave it plugged in for the entire night and then I unplug it, it dies within minutes. The connector/battery/software is all screwy. The styling is great, but what good is that when it doesnt work.

• 2007-05-08 22:53
  • RgnG

i have this phone for 2 years now..it has been in the shop for 3 times due to white screen.. automatic off.. charger slot problem.. lcd display... you name it.. its a lemon phone with lots of bugs in the software..

• 2007-03-22 02:21
  • wc7h

I have had this phone for two years and like any equipment, it's how you handle and use it. Have found it slick and strong because of its metal encasement; has good weight for a feel.Am planning to buy one another one for back-up! Am old school.

• 2007-03-20 02:00
  • 491K

BeachjamJM ther is no problem with sound during calls with v620! this was a problem in v600! If you had this problem just change your firmware with newer, it's easy!
For the batt indicator you are right, when it goes to 2/3 it goes to 1/3 and 0 much faster than from 3/3 to 2/3.. neverthless it's not so big problem. The phone works full 3 days with a lot of calls and msgs, I think one of the best Moto flips according to the batt tenacity!

• 2007-02-24 14:42
  • nuCM

I bought 2 of these phones a year ago and think they are pretty cool. However they sure seem to have a problem with the charger unit / slot. Also, since recently 1 unit has gone very quiet -- you can hardly hear the person at the other end without turning on speaker. Neva had these problems with the nokias except their screens go bad too soon.

• 2007-02-14 09:59
  • ka8Z

I just bought this phone and think it is pretty poor. I can't hear anyone on it unless I use the speaker phone. The camera takes lousy pix, not that I care too much.
The features stop working randomly. I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

maggie

• 2007-02-03 00:31
  • B$Lq
Total of 442 user reviews and opinions for Motorola V620.