Motorola V690 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.0
6.6
6.5

I have a silver razar phone. I've had it for 6 mons and it is worthless. It rings when it wants to.The screen comes up when it wants.you can call someone when it decides. It is a Motorola razar v3m S/W: NCR 01.1A.OOR DATA CODE 207. i took it to the carrier with insurance it cost $99.00 to replace.i have a 2 year plane and a motorola phone that workes when it wants to .

• 2007-08-06 21:20
  • jDHK

Yes the program for that website has worked for me, and if you are not able to download a free nero download the trial version that gives you 30 days.

I plugged my v690 into its charger and when I came to use it the next morning it had ablank screen. I tried turning it on but nothing happend. It's not the battery becase the phone should workd with the charger connected even if you remove the battery.

did this happen to any body else or does anyone know why?

I am know using a phone that I got free with my monthly plan.

• 2007-01-26 03:33
  • Yf9j

by the way is sammir who have posted the message below this one...

please let me know if the programs on the web page worked fro your v90.

• 2006-09-15 18:00
  • Rs5P

somebody leave me feedback on the website that I have posted...!!!!!! did it work for anyone.
Is anyone jamming...? lol

• 2006-09-15 17:56
  • Rs5P

Sorry, the website I posted befor is the wrong link the link to v690 custom sound creation is http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic26842.html

if you can't download the nero wave editor from the given site try searching for it via the search box.

enjoy...

• 2006-08-15 05:51
  • 4Dm2

Hello every one, I stumbled on this web site that gives you the ability to create your own ring tones, initially starting your music file that you would like to convert into a ring tone as a wav. File --> then down the instructions all the way to an MMF. File. It’s very nice and simple and I had to share it on line… visit the http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic26842.html website for steps (1) one through (5) five for complete instructions, but when you come to down load the WaveEdit, a plugin of Nero Burning ROM, the web site posted seems not to work. Use this web domain instead http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-demo.php to download the program. Other than that, the web site this guy has posted works remarkably well and I now have thirty four (34) custom made ring tones stored on my pc that I switch back and forth to my v690 and vice versa to make space on my phone for new tones, and make more when I ever get a chance.

s.e.

• 2006-08-12 08:48
  • 4Dm2

Good day to co-v690 users!

Comments about my v690:
1. Had battery replaced already and it really has a hard time recharging if it's totally drained;
2. There is no option to switch on the external LCD light, thus, it's better to have the "Flip answer" mode turned off (esp. at night);
3. It can play only MIDI ringtone format.
4. The external LCD is flickering like a heartbeat (can anyone tell me the cause of this? thanks.)

As regards the rubber casing belt strap:
1. "Single strap, magnetic rubberized lock" exposes the cellphone thus prone to scratches and bumps leaving ugly marks on the corners (damn paint chips off easily!)

Other than that, it's a great phone. Sleek, classy, very presentable. =D

• 2006-08-03 04:44
  • 2A3A

hey melissa, i had the same problem with mine a little more than a year ago...im pretty sure its not the battery if you can't even power it back on with the charger connected. It should work without the battery with the charger connected to it...

• 2006-07-15 15:04
  • UAPx

If you are in malaysia,don't buy motorola V690..its doesn't work with MMS system.
I have this problem and don't know how to fix it.

• 2006-04-22 12:38
  • ib6I

Thanks Kenny, I appreciate it, and I agree with you! Im sad cuz I

• 2006-04-15 12:41
  • jHNR

Meliss, if your phone doesn't power up when you install the charging cable, try leaving it in for 15 minutes. I had water damage to mine and it took 20 min to gain power aigain while charged. whether you have your battery in or not, if your charging cable is connected to your phone it is suposed to power up. If the powering up function is not displaying, then your problem is somthing other than jyour battery.

• 2006-04-14 21:52
  • x37C

Hi every1, can someone PLEASE tell me is it worth (if possible) replacing the battery on the v690? Mine just stopped working all of a sudden one day, cant even charge it!!! Iam so pist off $300 in the trash!! I luv this phone but its not working, HELPPPP

• 2006-04-14 14:26
  • QsNS

To delete a picture you would want to go to the photo album choose your photo you wish to delete then press the middle soft key on top "between" Back and "View." There you have the option to send, erase, move, or set it as a wall or screensaver.

• 2006-03-23 22:54
  • x3iv

How do I delete a picture from my V690? I have not been able to do so. I made a trial picture and it is in an album, but I do not see any options to delete and have made no more. Would appreciate someone's help.
Thanks.

• 2006-03-22 23:43
  • PHx{

It's not such a bad phone, I say it's just fair and you have concider what you paid for is what you get. Everybody is supposed to read all reviews they can find about a phone before buying it.

• 2006-02-20 19:41
  • x37C
  • What a useless phone
  • Rating0

I have been using this phone for more than a year now. And guess what, it squeeks like mad, very very very bad reception, and the camera is awful. So for anybody out there who wants to buy this phone. I truly recommend to simply throw the money in garbage. It will save you time

• 2006-02-13 22:35
  • Tgve

yo Andriuzz I recommend that you send your phone in for repare because there is no other option out of the "BACKLIGHT" category that will allow you to change your preferences to turn on your lighting. There are many websites out there that repair broken LCDs,waterdamages, and in your case you just need the small lamp behinde the external display.

• 2006-02-10 07:48
  • 4Dm6

hey Andriuzz can u show me how to tranfer music from comp to phone my email hung439@yahoo.com

• 2006-02-10 05:52
  • 4He}

Yes it's really nice phone. I like it . I got it 2 month ago. But it have the same problem as all said. doesn't work external display light. As one write, it's just settings . But its not settings. On my phone back light is on for 20s, but it still not working.
If I turned off, then internal light doesn't work. So I really don't know what to do.

• 2006-01-31 14:32
  • Mu8p

Did anyone know this phone can paly music you choose from your pc as a ring tone? well guess what boys and girls, it can and it does. Its all a matter of the size of the file you are trying to transfer to your phone through mobile explorer. this v690 can support any length music file that is reduced to 200 kilobytes or less which equals a maximum of 25 sec but effective, because you only need five sec of avarage ring tone time before picking up a call.

I am now "jammin" like bob marley and the wailers. lol

• 2006-01-30 04:32
  • 4Dm6
Total of 127 user reviews and opinions for Motorola V690.